PDA

View Full Version : a good media player

twgranger
01-12-2007, 10:45 PM
What is everyone using for a media player? Looking for a good one. The one im using now when i try to view little video clips it shows a broken film or a film with a question mark. Are my settings wrong or should i find another player?

theonlyjosh
01-13-2007, 12:20 AM
I use itunes for everything... it rules. but if i hadn't of had it , i would use windows media player haha.

dreadhed
01-13-2007, 01:02 AM
I use winamp. It plays streaming TV/movies all the time on my POS computer at it works fine.

3 weelin geezer
01-13-2007, 10:47 AM
I use mostly windows media because it plays most of the time except for the quicktime and almost nonexistant Real Media. I hate that one. No automatic play and I have to close two windows. Winamp, eh? :wondering Haven't used that one since I had my 133 mhz computer 10 years ago.

traxxasx
01-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Windows media player is the best.

84honda200s
01-13-2007, 06:35 PM
i use wmp or winamp

Derek
01-13-2007, 07:09 PM
I use windows media player 11

502SS
01-14-2007, 08:06 PM
Windows Media Player 11, but this also works on 10 that I know of....
After Media Player has been installed, you can download the K-Lite Codec Pack from here...
http://www.free-codecs.com/K_Lite_Codec_Pack_download.htm
I have yet to find anything that won't playback in Windows Media after installing that (Quicktime, Realtime, etc.)

Dirtcrasher
01-20-2007, 09:50 AM
Windows Media Player 11, but this also works on 10 that I know of....
After Media Player has been installed, you can download the K-Lite Codec Pack from here...
http://www.free-codecs.com/K_Lite_Codec_Pack_download.htm
I have yet to find anything that won't playback in Windows Media after installing that (Quicktime, Realtime, etc.)

Hey bud, I've been looking for the codec to play everything for awhile. I went and downloaded this and I downloaded the "full" version - wasn't sure which one to download? After I installed it all my media opens in an older player and not the version WMP10 that I had. So I uninstalled it for now. How can I get the codec to run on my newer player so I can watch just about any media?? Thanks for any help!!

502SS
01-20-2007, 10:34 AM
Yea, it defaults to MP 6.4. All you need to do after you install it, is right click on the file you want to play, and then go to Open With, then click on Choose Program. Pick the newest version of MP, and check the box that says "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file".You may have to do this with the various types of files once, but after the first time, it should always open with the newest version of MP.