PDA

View Full Version : Pretty cool helmet I just won!

Huffa
01-16-2007, 12:03 AM
I was really surprised only one other guy bid on it, I think it's really nice.

It's brand new old stock, 21 years old!

jason85atc250r
01-16-2007, 12:10 AM
how many beans did that set you back? are you going to wear ot this coming weekend?:lol:

how much did you get on ebay for all the parts you tried selling for Larry's

Huffa
01-16-2007, 12:15 AM
I have to call Larry, I didn't put them on yet, he's going to think I'm ripping him off or something!!

I forgot to ask him what HE wants for them so I know what reserve to put on them.

I got the helmet just to collect, I don't think I'm ever going to wear it.

How much ya think, what's your guess? I never heard of that brand NJL, did you?

jason85atc250r
01-16-2007, 12:23 AM
my 1st guess is $40 for the helmet. high or low?

when i went down to larry's 3 weeks ago to go check out the stuff at his house for exhaust for my us90. he asked what was up with the parts you took. i would give him a call this week to keep the piece.

i got a year ago a brand new HJC helmet for $25 off ebay. it was a nice full face black and silver one and a little bit of white. i got the good deal since it's a real big size to fit my craneum:lol: it was a shop selling it.

dizasterzrfun69
01-16-2007, 01:53 AM
my old man (erectordale) Bought a helmet exactly like that off of ebay awhile back it was NOS too :w00t: i dunno what he payed though.

Kevin

Vealmonkey
01-16-2007, 04:45 AM
The other helmet like that I saw I believe was red and white, or red and silver, maybe just plain red, but it has the same picture and red helmet.

Huffa
01-16-2007, 06:56 AM
my 1st guess is $40 for the helmet. high or low?

when i went down to larry's 3 weeks ago to go check out the stuff at his house for exhaust for my us90. he asked what was up with the parts you took. i would give him a call this week to keep the piece.

i got a year ago a brand new HJC helmet for $25 off ebay. it was a nice full face black and silver one and a little bit of white. i got the good deal since it's a real big size to fit my craneum:lol: it was a shop selling it.

Yea, that always helps when you have a huge head or for that matter if your a pin head type of dude :lol:

For sure, I'll call him this week sometime, thanks Jason.

I showed Chris this helmet before the bidding was over, he said I had better have deep pockets and quite honestly I agreed and thought the ATC painted on would help the helmet go up in price, NOT SO !! Of course that is the whole excitment with ebay, things going way more or less then you expected, ya just never know?

Got it waaaaay cheaper then I thought I would $11.61 !!!

I won this one 2 weeks ago for $10.50. I like the plainess of it and the smooth flow to it. This one is almost 10 years old........

MAN, when you compare a older helmet to the newer ones, the outside of the shell is much smaller, espeicially at the front chin area. The new ones protrude about 2" farther out, this one feels like it will let less debri hit your face, I think I like this more then my newer helmets!!

Not going to wear this one either, I'm starting a cheapo hemet collection and don't want to ruin them.

Huffa
01-16-2007, 07:03 AM
my old man (erectordale) Bought a helmet exactly like that off of ebay awhile back it was NOS too :w00t: i dunno what he payed though.

Kevin

Kevin, could you ask him how much he got his for? His had the ATC on too?

Cool!

Huffa
01-16-2007, 07:06 AM
The other helmet like that I saw I believe was red and white, or red and silver, maybe just plain red, but it has the same picture and red helmet.

Makes me wonder who painted it, looks to be nice detail.

chris200x
01-16-2007, 04:01 PM
Man... I thought for sure that would go pretty high. I was thinking it may go about as high as the most recent hondaline atc one that went for a bit over 2 bills. you certainly lucked out on that one Gary.

Huffa
01-16-2007, 05:10 PM
Yea, I think so.

Do you want to buy it?

Speicial price for you only .........$109.95 :lol:

dizasterzrfun69
01-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Kevin, could you ask him how much he got his for? His had the ATC on too?

Cool!

it might have been a little bit different but at a glance it looks identical. It does have an atc on it too. I'll try to remember to ask him what he payed when i go out there. Im sure it was probablly more than $11 though :lol:

Huffa
01-16-2007, 06:25 PM
it might have been a little bit different but at a glance it looks identical. It does have an atc on it too. I'll try to remember to ask him what he payed when i go out there. Im sure it was probablly more than $11 though :lol:

Thanks buddy! Feel free to post a pic of his if ya have a digital. I'd like to see his for sure.

Huffa
01-16-2007, 06:30 PM
Man... I thought for sure that would go pretty high. I was thinking it may go about as high as the most recent hondaline atc one that went for a bit over 2 bills. you certainly lucked out on that one Gary.

Yea, I think I did too.

HEY, I forgot, I asked the seller right when it came on if he has a "buy it now" in mine, he would not say but did mention that one sold, not as nice for over 150 bucks!

He wanted me to say a price 1st then I figured I'll just wait and hope that I played my cards right.

I wish I would have luck like that finding a nice trike for cheap too!

jason85atc250r
01-16-2007, 09:51 PM
Yea, that always helps when you have a huge head or for that matter if your a pin head type of dude :lol:

For sure, I'll call him this week sometime, thanks Jason.

I showed Chris this helmet before the bidding was over, he said I had better have deep pockets and quite honestly I agreed and thought the ATC painted on would help the helmet go up in price, NOT SO !! Of course that is the whole excitment with ebay, things going way more or less then you expected, ya just never know?

Got it waaaaay cheaper then I thought I would $11.61 !!!

I won this one 2 weeks ago for $10.50. I like the plainess of it and the smooth flow to it. This one is almost 10 years old........

MAN, when you compare a older helmet to the newer ones, the outside of the shell is much smaller, espeicially at the front chin area. The new ones protrude about 2" farther out, this one feels like it will let less debri hit your face, I think I like this more then my newer helmets!!

Not going to wear this one either, I'm starting a cheapo hemet collection and don't want to ruin them.
huffa thats cool that you got it that cheap.

heres a picture of the one i got real cheap. i have it stashed away in my bed room for when my one i use now is shot.

Huffa
01-16-2007, 10:22 PM
25 bucks, such a deal! Looks great Jason :beer

Is that a XXL?

jason85atc250r
01-16-2007, 11:38 PM
i just checked it's a XL size. i was the only one to bid on it.:cool:

i just won on ebay a durablue X-33 axle for the 88 trx250x i'm fixing up for $170
they retail for $600 on there site. it had a blown crank so i got a parts 92 250x for $200 with good motor. it has a 12 to 1 wiseco piston thats like new he said it justs smokes a little. just getting new rings and hone it+.:Bounce

i wanna get a race cam yet since the bad motor had titanum valve springs and retainers and put the 32mm Lectroc carb i have on it yet