PDA

View Full Version : do you think this is for real? or scam

Banage
01-16-2007, 01:14 PM
All these threads about scamers, I cant help but wonder if this is one too. Here is the email:

"Hello seller

My name is Ben Cash...I'am 52 years old and i live in 36-38 Park Royal Road,ohio,Nw 10 7ja....I saw your item on the advertisement site and found it ok .I will like to tell you that the mode of payment shall be cashier check or money order,so you have nothing to worry about in the payment ,is cashable the same day,now to proceed with the transaction all you need do is to get back to me with the last asking price,name,address,phone number so that the payment can be sent out without no delay.More so i will like to tell you that you have nothing to worry about with the shipping,cos the payment already includes an excess fund which you are to send back via WESTERN UNION to the local shipper so as to come for the homepickup of the Items at your base and sign all necessary documents about the e at your base.So if you think we can make a deal kindly get back to me ASAP with the followings that i asked earlier...

NAME:
ADDRESS:
PHONE NUMBER:
LAST ASKING PRICE:

As soon as all these is given back to me ,the payment will be mailed out ASAP.
I await your swift response in my wife business emial
bencash_253@yahoo.com "

Keep in mind, my name is on vintagesleds.com, Where he got this from, so why does it say, hello seller, Not hello branden? let me know what you think.

longbedGTs
01-16-2007, 01:19 PM
It says Hello seller because its the same message they send out to everybody. They wouldnt take the time to personalize each message.
If its too good to be true, it probally is. TINSTAAFL

ProCarbine2k1
01-16-2007, 01:26 PM
i cant tell if it is a scam or not... i would not mess with any kind of western union money transaction.. and i dont know about the money order/cashiers checks, they can be forged but i have used them with success in the past...
* here is an idea, act baffled by his location because you have a close relative within a few miles of his location... and then proceed to tell him that he can just meet up with your relative and make payment to them.. you can then tell him you are doing this to take any kind of hassle/doubt out of the transaction.... see what he has to say then...

ATC-Eric
01-16-2007, 02:31 PM
Scam scam scam.

What really tips it off is the use of Western Union to send back access payment, and the comment in bad engrish about last asking price.

Tell him to go ahead and send the cashiers check. If you can cash it, then go for it! If it turns out to be fake............tell him you cashed his check and are keeping his money! Then turn the info over to the proper authorities.

Banage
01-16-2007, 02:42 PM
I was thinking scam too. Thanks for the imput. I am just going to wate and see if he ask about it again

russell56443
01-16-2007, 02:54 PM
I got basicly the same deal when I advertised the KLT on Craigslist,than another one from a (Stanley Pavlicek)?
That one seemed too be a scam too,cashiers check ect..They try to rip you off every way they can!!!

Howdy
01-16-2007, 02:54 PM
Scam scam scam.

What really tips it off is the use of Western Union to send back access payment, and the comment in bad engrish about last asking price.

Tell him to go ahead and send the cashiers check. If you can cash it, then go for it! If it turns out to be fake............tell him you cashed his check and are keeping his money! Then turn the info over to the proper authorities.

Don't try to cash these checks / m/o's . If you do and they bounce, they will charge YOU $15+ for a returned check fee. But then if you have money to throw away.......

Howdy

atcfreak85
01-16-2007, 03:03 PM
I think its definatley a scam! Yeah write him back and tell him to meet up with your uncle or whatever that lives close to him and see what he sez! Mess with him and see what he sez and if he even responds.:lol: :w00t:

ATC-Eric
01-16-2007, 03:13 PM
Don't try to cash these checks / m/o's . If you do and they bounce, they will charge YOU $15+ for a returned check fee. But then if you have money to throw away.......

Howdy

When you go to the bank, tell them that you think its fraudulent. They will be able to tell.

cr480r
01-16-2007, 04:41 PM
I have heard of this scam before. They send you a fake, and you sent them back the excess. By the time you realize the check is no good its too late. These guys have no intention of getting your item. They send a fake check to you for 500$ over the amount, and you sent them back 500$ of real money. Tell them to get F**ked...

dreadhed
01-16-2007, 10:26 PM
excess fund which you are to send back via WESTERN UNION to the local shipper so as to come for the homepickup of the Items at your base and sign all necessary documents about the e at your base.So if you think we can make a deal kindly get back to me ASAP with the followings that i asked earlier...
SCAM SCAM SCAM. Why would someone not pay for shipping them selves on a big item? Cause when you are a thief it is nice if people pay to ship you their stuff that you are going to steal. Or you could just be sending them money & not shipper at all. Also it is to general in the email"Hello Seller".

dickieg89
01-16-2007, 10:37 PM
scam, no doubt about it.

stay away from that guy.

BigReds Forever
01-16-2007, 10:45 PM
if his name is Ben Cash (suspisious its self) then why is his WIFES Business email Bencash_253@yahoo.com?????????.....SCAM

ATC-Eric
01-16-2007, 11:02 PM
wow, didnt even notice the Ben Cash!!!!!