PDA

View Full Version : Im getting Pissed. PayPals New Scam!

ClayW
01-17-2007, 04:42 PM
This is the second dang thing I have sold in a ROW that I HAVE GOTTEN ECHECK PAYMENTS from PayPal account holders. What in the F is a ECHECK payment, and why does it take 1-2weeks to post to my accout. And why am I getting flooded with them? The is BS. Try explaining this to your buyer... Yeah you paid, but I still dont have the money... But I paypal you already? WTF! Anyone else had this happen. I am SOOOOOO pisssed. :mad:

Clay

slothminx
01-17-2007, 04:55 PM
Its when there isnt enough funds in your paypal account to cover the cost of the payment, so its pulling the funds from your credit card which takes time.

I accidently sent one to Howdy once, took over 2 weeks to complete, Sent the payment the same day as Howdy posted the item and I had the coil for a full week before the payment went through :lol:

ClayW
01-17-2007, 04:56 PM
Im still confused by this. I have had close to 300 transactions, and never had this happen. Now twice in one week. :twisted:

dgould
01-17-2007, 05:03 PM
Yes I hate e-checks also. An e-check is when the buyer uses their bank account and it takes their money right away but it takes 4 banking days to clear into your account. Bank business days don't count on the weekend or holidays either. The buyer doesn't see the same e-mail that the seller gets about telling you to wait until it clears to send the product so I usaly forward it to the buyer and then they usaly understand. And if they don't understand have them call paypay at 888-221-1161 and let them explain it.

84honda200s
01-17-2007, 05:04 PM
yea that sucks man. ive never had it happen to me though.

XTrumpX
01-17-2007, 05:23 PM
Same here. Somehow it sent an echack to someone. Are you sure the person you're paying isn't a non-premium user? What happens is if you send a CC payment and they have reached their CC limit (usually $200), it then defaults to an echeck. If you sent to a premium user, then they are unlimited to the amount of CC payments sent to them therefore it processes on the spot and clears. I've been with paypal since it started and never had a problem until last week. I have over 10k transactions on my business account and started having problems within the last month.

Billy Golightly
01-17-2007, 05:45 PM
Theres a difference between using an electronic transfer from your bank account, and an E-check. I'm not exactly sure WHY or HOW you use the e-check instead but 99.9% of the time I pay directly out of my bank account and I've never heard anyone say they had to wait for it to clear. Infact, XTrumpX, the last money I sent you was what I would call a "direct transfer" from my bank account. Did you have to wait for it to clear?

XTrumpX
01-17-2007, 06:00 PM
It clear right away. They give you 2 options with your bank, instant and E. I never used E but it gave me no other option that it to use it the other day. I always use CC for the flight vouchers I get through my card... unless you deal with someone who doesn't have a premier account and says no CC in the auction.
Billy, what time you racing Saturday?

mike from long island
01-17-2007, 06:20 PM
i have gotten 6 of them on this last batch of ebay sales. i didnt think anything of it until you brought it up. ill wait until the payment clears before the item goes out. i received a $40 ebay gift certificate for my b-day. i used it on a part. i just check it. it is pending until the ebay certificate clears!!! i used it on the 12th and still hasnt cleared WTF!!!!!!!

ClayW
01-17-2007, 07:55 PM
Yeah. I always do instant transfers from my checking. Thats how its set up. If I dont want to do that I select a credit card. These are 2 payments that were made to me from someone else. Its BS. I think Ebay must have modified their page layout where it default to E check. I also think they did this on purpose in order to hang on to your money for longer. :mad: I have never made a payment from my checking or a credit card that was sent as a E check. NEVER had that happen. I guess its the new GOTCHA from PAYPAL.

mike from long island
01-17-2007, 08:03 PM
it is disgusting is what it is. you are going to have to add to your description that e-checks are not accepted.i am going to update my auctions with that. i would rather receive a money order. they take less time to arrive,and thats from our post office!!!!!!

XTrumpX
01-17-2007, 08:04 PM
No, it didn't give me a choice of using the credit card... only choice was echeck from the checking account... not even an instant transfer. I tried it with both all 3 accounts and they all gave me the same so it must have been something with the seller I was dealing with. Just did 3 payments last night, no problem.

ClayW
01-17-2007, 09:04 PM
It should say # acount # or select alternative method. Back up funding etc... Either way, its awful suspicious that a number of us on here have suddenly had this same thing happen to us. I think its being done on purpose.

Billy Golightly
01-17-2007, 09:12 PM
No race this weekend :( The league and the owner of that track had a falling out and we wont be racing there anytime this season from what I understand.

x.system
01-17-2007, 09:16 PM
it is disgusting is what it is. you are going to have to add to your description that e-checks are not accepted.i am going to update my auctions with that. i would rather receive a money order. they take less time to arrive,and thats from our post office!!!!!!

Careful with that Mike, if you accept paypal you have to accept e-checks as well. could get yourself suspended. :rolleyes:

I had a couple large payments go out last month and they turned into e-checks and it took me a few days to figure it out. Turns out my bank credit card needed to be updated on paypal. Once I did that it was back to normal, instant transfers from my bank account to my seller through paypal.

XTrumpX
01-17-2007, 11:11 PM
No race this weekend :( The league and the owner of that track had a falling out and we wont be racing there anytime this season from what I understand.
How the hell do they have a falling out when the league should be kissing ass to race at the track. It isn't like there's a bunch of tracks lining up to let 3 wheelers race. Well, at least that gives me another weekend :) Had to redo one of the shirts and had to do another screen. Looks good with the larger number on it for racing. I'll shoot you a pic later tonight... getting ready to run back over there and finish up the sponsored jerseys I had to do. Have a few to send out tomorrow, all others were sent today. I think I lost $$$ on this deal between you and myself alone...LOL

Vealmonkey
01-18-2007, 05:21 AM
I've noticed that my last 10 or so ebay items I bought, had to wait for the payment to clear. Now I have to check with my bank on what is going on. I don't understand the change all of a sudden. I pay right away and now the payment has to clear. I just figured paypal had changed their scam so they could hold on to your money longer and collect some kind of interest. Someone always has their hands in my pocket.

Pete
01-18-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm not doing Paypal for auctions I put up anymore. I put in all of my auctions I do not accept E Checks or Credit Card funded Paypal transfers (and its my right to sell by my rules)

So I had someone use a credit card. In the past, you used to be able to deny it. Now, the deny button is greyed out, you have no choice but to accept, or wait 30 days for the transfer to time out. What a FIN joke. I removed all of my accounts from Paypal and plan on signing up for Google Checkout and a couple of other systems that aren't as flaming GAY as GAYPAL