PDA

View Full Version : oil types and grades

uhlhazard
01-18-2007, 10:49 PM
Hello everyone, this is my first post here at 3ww after reading through the forums anonymously for the past few months I finally decided to join on up.

For my first post I would like to ask if anyone knows where I can find 20w40 oil yamaha calls for my bikes, also if they have a synthetic version available as well. I have searched far and wide internet wise but 20w40 seems to just be a strange weight. The only places I find that have them are out of stock and want me to buy 12 quarts at a time.

I purchased a ytm200 bike from a friend of mine a few months ago and it was missing a tooth inside the engine on the first gear. Well a couple rides into it another tooth popped off and bound itself up in the transmission somewhere. I am just looking for another motor entirely as the engine was smoking anyhow.

Anyways sorry to make the post so long just got a lot to talk about and noone to talk to besides here!

Thanks for having a kickass site and all those specs pages, they are very helpful.

atcfreak85
01-18-2007, 11:50 PM
:welcome: aboard to this great site! Lots of good people and info and very addicting!:lol: :lol: Check with you local dealer for different oil types or something like: www. denniskirk.com

SWIGIN
01-18-2007, 11:57 PM
i only use valvoline racing vr-1 20-50

its rated for gear shear