PDA

View Full Version : new way to stop snipe bids

xd 200x
01-19-2007, 05:20 PM
sick of getting sniped? your snipe always to low to win?

here ya go

when the auction gets to about 20 sec keep constantly reloading the page. it causes to much traffic so the snipe will by pass it. It works for me about 78% of the time

twgranger
01-19-2007, 06:10 PM
Is there suppose to be a link to something?

mike from long island
01-19-2007, 07:05 PM
no he tells you in his last paragraph

ScottZJ
01-19-2007, 07:41 PM
I brought this question up with my snipe company and they sent this back.........

Scott, to answer your question, there are very very few times that our system is not able to conntect to ebay and cause a snipe to fail. I believe we did a querie of last month with all snipe used and there was a 99.997% success rate in completing the snipe, rather it won or not. I highly doubt that just one user could effect it that much. Maybe if you had hundreds of people doing it at once, it possibly could, but those are that .113% of the time (very rare). I hope this answers your question and put your mind at ease.

Sincerely
Jeff K.

200x Basket
01-19-2007, 07:56 PM
i call BS on that too. who cares if you get snipped just enter your MAX bid and be done with it. if you lose then the other guy wanted it more. plain and simple.

whyzee
01-19-2007, 07:59 PM
i call BS on that too. who cares if you get snipped just enter your MAX bid and be done with it. if you lose then the other guy wanted it more. plain and simple.

yea but buying it for 1/2 price is soo much more fun:beer

200x Basket
01-19-2007, 08:03 PM
agreed but if you snipe it at $75 and xd200x BIDS $77 then he wins.

xd 200x
01-19-2007, 08:03 PM
100's of people, or multiple snipe company's trying to place bids (such as when a west coast swinger, insert rare trike part) trust me it works. Like I said I have done it many times. I always figured there was a way to do it but this was confirmed about a week ago I did it to one of my friends. His snipe was higher then the auction ended at. Next I tried it with my own snipe and it stopped it 3 times. The auctions always ended at a lower price than my snipe and by someone else.
There is also a way to configure fire fox to make 100+ requests for a page. I don't know the exactly how to do it yet, but I Have some feelers out right now. as to how actually to do it. (it was done to the version I have by a friend)

SO, I have tested it and it has worked for me. If your snipe company says it wont work The I guess it might not be 100% yet. You can take my advice or leave it I was just giving you guys a tip.

crackshot
01-19-2007, 11:10 PM
If your snipe company says it wont work The I guess it might not be 100% yet. .

Of course a snipe company is going to say "it won't work" because It probably does work and the snipe company loses revenue.

xd 200x
01-20-2007, 12:05 AM
Of course a snipe company is going to say "it won't work" because It probably does work and the snipe company loses revenue.

kinda what I was thinking.

um if you guys try to change your fire fox to mod the page requests.
there are a few things you should know
1. This violates internet protocol
2. do not visit a site that you like with this mod ( it will eat up there bandwidth)
that last statement mean don't come here like that.
3. this mod is relatively available on the net.
4. fire fox is open source which means you could screw up a lot of things

That is all

also out of my own curiosity scott is you snipe company auction stealer or related to that company?

ScottZJ
01-20-2007, 12:05 AM
Well lets just say I have never had a snipe fail me and thats all I care about. hehe Plus I dont have time to mess around on the computer for hours with auctions, thats why I use the snipe. It conserves my time for much better things like family, church and riding.:cool:

XTrumpX
01-20-2007, 10:33 PM
but those are that .113% of the time (very rare). I hope this answers your question and put your mind at ease.

Sincerely
Jeff K.[/I]
Wow, this guy knows his math...LOL. Shouldn't it be .003%?
Anyway, to fight a sniper is to fight back with a sniper! Better yet, bid correctly. If you just got beat and are mad about it, maybe next time don't be cheap and bid the top amount you're willing to pay.

ScottZJ
01-20-2007, 11:09 PM
Wow, this guy knows his math...LOL. Shouldn't it be .003%?
Anyway, to fight a sniper is to fight back with a sniper! Better yet, bid correctly. If you just got beat and are mad about it, maybe next time don't be cheap and bid the top amount you're willing to pay.

HAHAHA yeah I noticed that when I posted it. I guess dude didnt "proof" read his message to me. But you know you are right, just bid or snipe as high as you can afford.

XTrumpX
01-20-2007, 11:51 PM
Yea, I get mad when I don't end up with something I get outbid on during the last minute... but it's my fault for being cheap :D