PDA

View Full Version : bad news guys

84honda200s
01-21-2007, 12:44 AM
guys bad news i cant ride for a while. i was at work and i was lifting some heavy stuff and pulled my rib muscles and messed up my back. so now i have to wait and see what is going on. the doctors said i should not go to work or ride for a while. lol yea rite. im going to work. i need the money. i cant get workers comp because it is a injury i have had before i started there. it just brought it back. so guys im done riding for now. but i will be back at it soon i hope. this wont keep me down. thats why they make pain killers.

TravEX
01-21-2007, 12:56 AM
Good luck, maybe you'll be back in the saddle soon!

XTrumpX
01-21-2007, 01:09 AM
Who's telling you that you can't get WC? Even if it's like an injury you had before, you can still file since, like you said, you were lifting something heavy AT work. If the company is telling you that, they're trying to keep you from filing, which then goes against their safety record, let alone their insurance. If you plan to be out a while, I'd look into it. At least use the rib muscles as the excuse because I'm thinking the back was the issue before.

84honda200s
01-21-2007, 01:31 AM
i dont plan on being out long. i dont wanna be out at all. i do kinda enjoy may work. i am going in tomarrow to talk with them in person. i was told by a fellow worker. so im not going to take it as if it were true. if i am out a while you bet im going for it.

bigreddaddy
01-21-2007, 02:48 AM
Just be careful using pain medicine to dull the pain so you can ride. You can really make your injuries worse by doing that. I don't know if you were joking or not but I just wanted to comment.
Good Luck.

84honda200s
01-21-2007, 03:59 AM
no man im done riding for a while. im not going to do anything to stupid. i just need to work i like it to much. im going to ask for a easy job. im sure they would rather have me doing easy work than them paying me to stay home. i wanna work. i need the money i herd workers comp pays crap so i need to make some real money. im supposed to work 50 hours this week and im going to do it. i have tons of bills waiting to be paid. i will keep you guys up to speed on this.

russell56443
01-21-2007, 04:18 AM
Ahh man rib's suck!!!
I fell once,well tripped over the dog and fractured two rib's,it was horrible!!!!!!!
I could feel them itching inside while healing,it drove me nutts!!!:eek:

84honda200s
01-21-2007, 04:26 AM
i think i worded it wrong i didnt hurt the ribs their selfs. it is the muscles on the ribs. i pulled them pretty bad i guess lol. the only reason im not in pain it because the drugs they gave me while i was there. what ever they are they are awesome. but they are starting to wear off.

XTrumpX
01-21-2007, 04:31 AM
... i do kinda enjoy my work.
You sure you didn't pull anything in your head too!!..LOL

84honda200s
01-21-2007, 04:41 AM
lol no. i work with allot of people that kick butt. they all are down to earth people. and the vp also kicks butt. lol how often can you say that?

renotrikeguy
01-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Sounds like a good case of short term disability to me.