PDA

View Full Version : Just an Idea for a Enduro race at T.F.

Meat-BoX
01-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Is it possible to have an enduro race on the Poker Run trail system. I was thinking of the events and then I remembered the Poker run and how it was a pretty good ride for an enduro race. Pretty tricky sections with nice up hills and off cambers. I think it would be alot of fun to see who is king of the Woods:beer
Would need some people to volunteer and hang in the woods at some of the tricky sections and at the start/finish line. Im sure the Ohio crew know how to organize this kind of race.:w00t:

Derrick Adams
01-21-2007, 12:10 PM
My original thinking for the Poker run was to have a Harescramble like you suggested, but after thinking about it for awhile, I decided I didn't want to exclude all the people that just want to go on a trail ride and dont care to race. That's how I ended up with a Poker Run. The other issue is that you will have to contend with other riders in the woods while racing, which isnt very safe.

There is generally a Harescramble course marked out thru out the vast hills of Haspin if someone wanted to organize it. However it just doesnt seem like theres enough time in the weekend to fit anything else in.

Maybe someday TrikeFest will become a week long event and we can add all sorts of events.

3leggeddog
01-21-2007, 12:12 PM
thats a big feat.with t.f already jammed full,i'm not sure when we can fit it in.i love the idea though meaty.i love anykind of racin.harescrambles,and woods racin are among my favorite.we kinda got the max and 3leg wild safari goin on.if you want to turn that into a harescramble,endurance race we can do it.but it won't be offical.like i said they got some many events going on,we don't want to overwhelm the schedule.how ever a few of us are gettin together at the otc camp for a blazin fast run through the woods.you are more then welcome to join us on our banzai through haspin.check out my thread on it,and post up if you wanna roll,and any suggestions!