PDA

View Full Version : Lots of welding at work.

Jason Hall
01-24-2007, 07:17 PM
Well It's winter time In Michigan & the concrete business Is slow, so I get to re-finn our worn out mixer barrels. What a pain In the butt. I finally talked the boss Into buying a big Air over hydrolic clamp to squeeze the straight finns together. It's kinda cool how the barrel works though, It's a big cork screw Inside. One way brings the concrete out & the other way rolls It over the rear finns & mix's It up. I though some of you guys would enjoy seeing the Inside of a mixer barrel.

Bryan Raffa
01-24-2007, 07:36 PM
I took a job once in the winter jack hammering dryed concrete out of them with a air hammer, Talk about LOUD!! I quit after 2 days and was 1/2 way done with one! My ears rang for a month even with ear plugs in..crawling around in there with dust flying not being able to see was fun! NOT!

BigGreenMachine
01-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Mig?? Looks clean like a mig weld. Neat stuff.

super90
01-24-2007, 08:02 PM
A friend of mine works in the concrete business and he has to chip all that concrete of the the truck once in a while. He let me take a whack at it with the air hammer.. I didnt do so well and the barrel ended up with a few dings.. :naughty: And it sure does get hot in thoes things in the summer!

Jason Hall
01-24-2007, 10:21 PM
Yes It's a mig. Lots of cuting & grinding also. The mig makes filling gaps alot easier, except when you hit real rusty spots. I've done my share of chipping with air chizzels also. We have another guy that gets the big stuff out first. He's a pretty dedicated guy. He Is real fussy & does a great job. I'm glad we do this stuff In the winter because of the heat, welding In there gets quite warm even when the shop Is cool.