PDA

View Full Version : three wheeler omen or something.

Jim mac
01-26-2007, 11:17 PM
I sold my last trike on thanksgiving and so ive been thinking its about time to find another. Well I see one on craigslist a 85 200X for $500, the description of new tire,plastic,upholstery etc. Sounded like the one I sold on thanksgiving for $700. I email the guy and sure enough its the same guy. His daugher just couldn't handle the 200X so he figured it would be better not to have it around and was willing to take a loss. Just about time I decided the heck with it, Im getting it, it sold. Then two days ago. theres another 200X on craigslist, sure enough turns out its one I sold in october, the one without 2nd gear. The ad says all this stuff a mechanic did to it, but, I did everything in the ad except creaming the tank. Finally I stop at the store this morning and I see a guy who looks familiar, turns out I sold his sons my 2 250Rs in november! So I come across 4 of my trikes in a week. I think someone is telling me Im going to be finding another trike real soon. Jim

russell56443
01-26-2007, 11:33 PM
LOL,cool,I live in a small town and kinda hope the KLT I sold finds it's way back to me one day,It was my first trike and I really hated to sell it but ya know how it goes :rolleyes:
At least when you buy your own stuff back you know whats been done to it !!!

Jim mac
01-26-2007, 11:44 PM
Tucson really isnt that small, the ad on the second trike fails to mention that 2nd gear grinds, and you have to shift pass it. I did mention it when I sold it, Im just bummed I missed out on the first one. I had new cables, clutch,air filter,tire, plastic,seat. My neighbors boyfriend has a 86 200X with a extended swinger,header, it smokes but runs good. and even titled. I may casually mention that Im looking for another. Jim