PDA

View Full Version : Anyone bought the Craftsman Powder coating gun??

Dirtcrasher
01-28-2007, 10:27 PM
I've seen the Sears Crafstman Powder Coating System for relatively short money. Has anyone owned one of these or used one?

I wonder if it would work great for small items like a throttle , foot pegs, motor mounts etc etc etc.

Can the household oven be used for this? I could make an oven if I had to.

hondahaulic
01-29-2007, 10:58 PM
your household oven should work fine. My highschool shop has a powder coater, and they put an old kitchen oven right in the shop just for powder coating. Ive only had a chance to use it a couple times, but ive had pretty good results.

dizasterzrfun69
01-29-2007, 11:00 PM
it'll work but it will stink, im not sure if id do it. I used to work at a powdercoater and that can be some nasty stuff.

blue27
01-30-2007, 01:03 AM
household oven works but do not use it to cook in again, I was told this buy the Eastwood rep when I looked into getting one, go find an old oven and put in your shop. You can usually find them cheap or free since it costs to get rid of them and most likly the only thing wrong is the top burners go bad.

dizasterzrfun69
01-30-2007, 01:05 AM
household oven works but do not use it to cook in again, I was told this buy the Eastwood rep when I looked into getting one, go find an old oven and put in your shop. You can usually find them cheap or free since it costs to get rid of them and most likly the only thing wrong is the top burners go bad.

yupp, we had one at the powdercoat place where i worked that the burners were bad on the top. I think it was a freebie too. We only used it for samples though

danteross77
01-30-2007, 08:45 AM
I set one up in my garage and it works great for small things, I never bought a household oven, but I converted a old BBQ pit into an oven. Takes some time working with curing times, but looks sweet when you get it right.

mnnmaz
01-30-2007, 11:10 AM
They have them at harborfreight too... oven and all.... again for small stuff! no frame or anything...