PDA

View Full Version : carb or stator?

MO dx
02-02-2007, 10:50 PM
Somtimes my lt 230 runs funny it feels like its bogging and backfires out the exhaust. Then it clears up and runs great can pull the tires in 3 gears any ideas. Rebuilt the carb soaked it in yamaha cleaner and had it apart twice inside it looks fine. I`m stumped maybe I should just by another carb and start over. Thanks for any help

4cylinders
02-02-2007, 11:38 PM
hey, may have water in the gas, try some heat gas treatment.

MO dx
02-04-2007, 01:30 PM
Does anyone have a carb they would sell or let me borrow for a day to see if that fixes it. I would return the favor for sure.

smokinwrench
02-04-2007, 02:35 PM
I say clean your carb again and tear it clear down. Make sure you clean all o fthe jets with a tiny peice of wire. Also blow out every passage with compresser air.

MO dx
02-04-2007, 10:14 PM
Talked to someone that said maybe the stator is making it backfire. It sounds possable so does anybody have a stator forsale or loan or even rent, so I can try to fix this. Thanks

TimSr
02-04-2007, 11:27 PM
Have you tried a fresh plug?

MO dx
02-08-2007, 10:30 AM
Well figured out why it was backfiring whoever fixed the stator cover last forgot to locktight or tighten the stator screws it was loose and moving around till the screws all came out and it exploded the stator. So does anybody have a used one forsale probally should get the flywheel to it has some issues now. Thanks for any help on this