PDA

View Full Version : Nitro powered 4x4 RC truck?

rustyhondas
02-03-2007, 09:10 PM
what is the truck to buy.

HPI savage?

traxas revo 3.3

Tmaxx 3.3?

which one?

my first gas car,and i will not race it. or jump it over my house.

i have no idea what brand to buy or wich one. i will be buying whatever it is used on Ebay. i just want something to play with my kid on the weekend. but i want something badass.

ground clearance may be a isue with the revo.

edog
02-03-2007, 11:16 PM
Tmaxx 3.3.............

bassman
02-04-2007, 05:59 AM
I used to own a Kyosho madforce. They are somewhat rare, but man was that thing UNSTOPPABLE. That thing was like a snowmobile in the snow. I highly reccomend that specimen to anyone....but just for a heads up, nitro's break ALOT easier than electrics. I've owned so many different electrics and nitros, and i'mt elling you now, be prepared for alot of down time and money, and make sure to have patience.

rustyhondas
02-04-2007, 08:11 AM
nitro sounds pefect for me then.:D

it is so hard to pick one for me still. i need to just make a choice, i am leaning tords the HPI savage .25

Rm250RF900R
02-04-2007, 10:38 AM
I would pick the savage. Sopposed to be a great truck. Go over to rcuniverse.com and look it up. Lots of good info on that site.

oldsking86
02-04-2007, 12:21 PM
We've had great luck with our tmaxx's, though they aren't stock at all but they beat up the competition. We've had the savage it is a nice truck but it wasn't a tmaxx still. The mad force was nice but it was kinda heavy really.. I have some tmaxx's forsale if your interested, they are fast too, real fast

rustyhondas
02-04-2007, 01:47 PM
i am interested. i am looking into everything

show me some good pics and tell me all about the trucks. are the axles and driveline and A arms beefed up? and steering parts?

i can't buy no POS raged out bash truck. i need a good fresh engine that will fire rite up for me. and not to many tanks of fuel through it. or new engine even. i cant have a used up clutch and beat out chasiss.

if you have tight one i will seriously consider it.

oldsking86
02-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Alright I'll get some pics this evening and post em up with the specs on them.. One I know has a .21 with great running motor, blue aluminum a-arms and parts that are done up.. Tonight I'll get things in order for you. Everything we own is beefed and powerful and well taken care of. Where in Florida are you located?

lokisbuddy
02-17-2007, 03:46 AM
ok i know you said nitro 4x4 but if you check out the traxxas jato 3.3 youll be amazed but if your insistant on getting a 4x4 then i would go with the t maxx 3.3 lots of aftermarket support and tons of fun.

87250es
03-27-2007, 11:35 PM
i have two revo 3.3s a tmaxx, a heli, a plane, and several other rc items, i have had the savage and i will never buy any other truck unless it says traxxas on it...

hancadam
03-28-2007, 07:42 PM
I have owned Traxxas, HPI, Kyosho, XTM and Tamiya. My favorite is Traxxas. I don't have any hobby shops near me so I like how easy it is to buy parts at buytraxxas.com. All make fine products, but for just playing Traxxas is the most bang for your buck.

longbedGTs
03-28-2007, 09:51 PM
Nitros less durable than electric? I dont know, that vid on youtube sure had one heck of a durable Nitro. Ill stick with my electrics though. 2 Tamiya Tl01 chassis, 2 helicopters, and a plane. :welcome: