PDA

View Full Version : KODAK Easy Share camera? Help please...

Dirtcrasher
02-04-2007, 06:35 PM
I have one, mine is a CX4230 but they are mostly the same. Somehow I managed to take a 7 second long movie with it that I can watch, but everytime I download the pics I still have this video in there. I can't figure out how to delete the vid from the memory card and more importantly, I can't figure out how to take another vid and I'd like to....

I have the manual and I have looked through the whole dam thing, but I can't find out whats up...

Thanks for any help...:D

erectordale
02-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Rob I have a kodak cx7625 and when I take a video you go too video the hit select the move too delete and select I hope this helps

x.system
02-05-2007, 12:05 PM
I just got a C743 and I do the same as erectordale. I just started messing with video and I was surprized how good these camaras take video. Anyone know of a good free editing program?

bigredhead
02-05-2007, 01:44 PM
When you have the camera hooked up to the PC, go into " My computer " and then the camera will show up as a drive.. ex: C drive.. D .. E etc.. Open it up and delete the contents .

Dirtcrasher
02-05-2007, 05:26 PM
When you have the camera hooked up to the PC, go into " My computer " and then the camera will show up as a drive.. ex: C drive.. D .. E etc.. Open it up and delete the contents .

Thanks Bud, That worked. I am finally rid of the video...

Now I just need to figure out how to take a video. I've had this camera for 4 years and it works great. I have used alot of the options whithin this camera yet I cannot figure out how I managed to take a video that day?

You guys must have an option in your menu that I don't because of the age and model difference.

Thanks for the help!

Tri-ZNate
02-05-2007, 05:41 PM
there should be a little setting either on the turn dial at the top of the camera, or in the settings if its real old, that looks like a movie camera. Turn it to that setting and the camera should go into movie mode

Dirtcrasher
02-05-2007, 06:18 PM
This is nuts. I went to Kodaks site and this camera "doesn't have a movie mode". Well how in the heck did I take this movie that I just deleted?

This camera has no dial, just a menu. And I have gone through every option within that menu and can't find anything. Maybe I did a fluke thing?????

bigredhead
02-06-2007, 11:59 AM
http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/publications/urg00027toc.jhtml?pq-path=1609

Is this the camera you have ?

it does not seem to have a movie mode... are you sure the model is CX 4230 ?

Dirtcrasher
02-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Thats what it says on it but somehow I took a movie!!!!

bigredhead
02-07-2007, 12:19 AM
Similar to how you were able to delete the movie from " My Computer " , movies can be copied from your hard drive to the camera.

Basically.. your camera is nothing more than a storage device to your computer.

So.. that being said.....

If you had a video on that camera.. that was not taken by said camera. and it's not obvious why. my friend, you need medication ! :D

Otherwise.. somehow you took a movie with a camera that does not offer that feature !... Very unique situation i must say ! :lol:

3 weelin geezer
02-07-2007, 12:58 AM
Play with the men you functions. I bet its there. If they say you can transfer a video and or this has a video out jack then it can take a video. Whats the use of having a MOV format if it can only take still pictures? That site offers about as much help as the stupid little book that came with the camera. Its about as useful as a glass of water for a drowning man!

bigredhead
02-07-2007, 09:04 AM
Quick question.

Have you shared your memory card with friends ? Could the mem card have been loaded into another camera at the time of that video ?

slothminx
02-07-2007, 01:07 PM
If you have windows XP it comes with a program called windows movie maker, you can make pretty good video's with it and its free!! :)
its in Start, all programs, accessories, windows movie maker.

Heres a vid I made using it :D
http://media.putfile.com/Tri-z-Vid-20th-jan

3 weelin geezer
02-07-2007, 03:49 PM
I think he is aksing how to make the camera take the movie not how to arrange and cut the video. I'm thinking the same thing if he shared it but then it would be obvious if he didn't take it himself. They might even take a picture of something like when I took a picture of myself scowling and reaching for the camera like if I was upset I was being photographed.

Dirtcrasher
02-07-2007, 09:09 PM
I didn't share it with anyone, I bought a mig welder last summer. Got excited and took pics, I have whats called "live view" which is where it looks like it's taking a video to help you find your shot. SOMEHOW, it recorded "liveview" and the thing was stuck on the memory card for months and came up as an "MOV" file. I couldn't delete it until BigRed hooked me up with the my computer stuff. Now it's gone and I can't do it again. I have read and read and tried and tried and I just can't get it done.....And believe it or not, I am not stupid.....Just sometimes :-)

slothminx
02-08-2007, 04:16 PM
I think he is aksing how to make the camera take the movie not how to arrange and cut the video. I'm thinking the same thing if he shared it but then it would be obvious if he didn't take it himself. They might even take a picture of something like when I took a picture of myself scowling and reaching for the camera like if I was upset I was being photographed.

Dirtcrasher wasnt asking how to edit, but Xowner was :D