PDA

View Full Version : good deal on blaster?

erikb45
02-04-2007, 09:51 PM
hey im currently looking at a96 yamaha blaster for the wife its blue and the guy wants 900 and it is stock with holeshot tires. that isall the info i know

are blasters good quads?
is 11 years to old for a blaster?
r they reliable or always being repaired ?

sorry so vague thats all i know

RID3R
02-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Alls I know is if I ever were to get a 4wheeler again it would be a blaster or a banshee...If it runs good and what not I would get it, $900 aint a bad price... Also the only bad things ive heard about the blasters are the oil injection setup...from what I see most people remove that setup and just mix the gas themselves...I remember someone saying its better for the reeds to mix yourself.

SYKO
02-04-2007, 10:39 PM
blasters are great quads!! my gf has one and she rips on it!! the oil injection is fine on these the only reason they fail is becouse morons decide they want to mess with it. my gf's isnt oil injected any more but it was like that when I got it, the *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited*'s who had it before thought it would make more power, and they intern blew it up becouse they were to stupid to block the injuection line hole to the carb and they ran it to lean.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/MVC-866S.jpg

also hers is a 1989 model!!! never to old for a blaster man!! there all the same!! except the very newer ones finally have disc brakes up front, but heres will flip you over the bars!! she also has a bit of motor work as well like vitos 3mm stroker and 40 over wiscoe and a few other goodies.

El'Capitan
02-05-2007, 12:33 AM
sounds like a good deal. My sister is currently riding a 89 blaster... great quad in my oppinion. we payed 1200 for it and its mint.

scooterroo
02-05-2007, 12:41 PM
dude i would grab it for 900. mines a 96 and i have had it for 3 years. not a single problem with it no matter how bad i beat the living snot out of the thing till just recently. and even then it was a bad cylinder base gasket. i am in the process of a rebuild on it because i want to, not because i have to. i say go for it, to me they are very dependable bikes. do away with the oil injector and mix your gas, you'll be goood to go!!!

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h315/scooterroo/bikes017.jpg