PDA

View Full Version : Trikefest and Arkansas riding

arkantrike
04-22-2003, 01:40 PM
hey ya'll,

first time caller, long time triker. any one out there got info on any trike events near arkansas or in the general southern u.s.?

have i already missed the main trikefest event for this year?

als250
04-22-2003, 02:31 PM
Hey arkantrike, "WELCOME!!" No, you haven't missed TF03! It's stickied in Trikefest/Local riding forum. Here's link: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=3815
Gonna be a big turn out this year, try to make it!

Al

arkantrike
04-22-2003, 03:49 PM
hey al,

thanks for the quick response and welcome! i looked at the link for TF03 you provided. looks like a good time. will try and make it. are these gatherings more for the guys that ride the rocket trikes (250r, 350x) or is there plenty of people who like to slow down and check things out. i use my '85 250sx mainly for hunting and exploring in ark. also, i noticed that you list an '85 250sx. have you experienced the cold weather starting problem that is addressed in the Clymer mechanics manual regarding '85 250cc 4-stroke engines. it said that there was once a carb kit of some sort that was available at one time. local dealers just scratch their head and stare blankely. bike is mint and starts and runs fine except is a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro to start when the temp drops below about 45-50 degrees. any info or direction is mucho apprecio.
thanks,
dave

MIK6
04-22-2003, 04:28 PM
I am looking forward to TF 03 myself. Last year at TF 02 we had a blast!! their was all types of riding, we had 350X's, 250R's, Z's, T3's, big reds, SX's, and a few quads w/ us. Everyone was welcome and we had a GREAT TIME. The camp fire talk w/ a few beers was alot of fun too!!

SEE YOU THERE
MIK6 / Mike

Howdy
04-22-2003, 07:11 PM
hey al,

thanks for the quick response and welcome! i looked at the link for TF03 you provided. looks like a good time. will try and make it. are these gatherings more for the guys that ride the rocket trikes (250r, 350x) or is there plenty of people who like to slow down and check things out. i use my '85 250sx mainly for hunting and exploring in ark. also, i noticed that you list an '85 250sx. have you experienced the cold weather starting problem that is addressed in the Clymer mechanics manual regarding '85 250cc 4-stroke engines. it said that there was once a carb kit of some sort that was available at one time. local dealers just scratch their head and stare blankely. bike is mint and starts and runs fine except is a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro to start when the temp drops below about 45-50 degrees. any info or direction is mucho apprecio.
thanks,
dave

We have riders that come and ride all different makes. My boys plan on being there and they ride atc70's. Everyone is welcome whether you ride a 50cc or a 500cc and every thing inbetween.

Howdy

jeswinehart
04-22-2003, 10:32 PM
welcome aboard arkantrike. i putz on my big red so come up to haspin !
here's the # dealers can order by. i just put a 86 carb on mine to solve the problem.

als250
04-23-2003, 12:07 AM
Hey Dave, I'll be there on my SX! I'm sure there will be a wide variety of machines! 8) Hope you can make it!
I read that service bulletin (damn you're good with that scanner, John) in my Clymer also. My SX started all winter long. So I figured mine had already been modified. It started in 10 degree weather this winter. Every time it was called upon,and we rode alot this year, fired right up. I give it full choke, pump throttle 5 times, hit starter button................vrrrrrrrooooooooooooommm :D I always let it warm up for 5-10 min. Adjusting choke down until not needed. READY TO RIP!! :shock: It's a blast riding in 6" to 8" of fresh powder! I would think any dealer could find info on kits w/ those #'s. :?

Al

BTW- Since you're new to the board, you'd probably like to see a pic of my '85 250sx! Well.............................................. ........................O.k. :-P :-P