PDA

View Full Version : Another riding area ... GONE!

Wickedfinger
04-22-2003, 03:19 PM
Not that anyone on this board has probably ridden it, but another small yet significant riding area has "closed" to make way for more suburban sprawl in my area. Anyone who has raced in or been to an upper East coast MX race may know of Tony D racing and racing schools - he is a neighbor of mine here in Bucks County and the other day his 15 acre "practice" area was taken over by the Land Barrons and cleared out of its perfect double and table top jumps to make way for $500,000 luxury homes. It was a favorite stop for years on "snow day" road trips when we cruised around the streets on our trikes and quads during snow storms. It will be missed.

Andrew
04-22-2003, 05:18 PM
sorry 2 here about your loss,that really sucks!(personally i would wait till they start/finish some of those houses after people move in,and ride near them and be as loud as u can! twisted )

YAMAHA_Jim
04-22-2003, 06:26 PM
i never met Tony D but I've seen him(or his racing school trailer) at the National MX races for quite a few years.
Tejas,That sux.I say buy one of them condo's and build a mx track in the front yard,lol.Last time I was in Bucks county(p/u the banshee) construction was booming.I lost alot of riding areas only because the ATV population around here has quadrupled in the last few years.Most of them are kids that think its OK to rip up and down the roads whenever and ride where ever they want.I'll admit,I used to road ride but only at nite and was very discreet about making myself heard or seen.Now its hard to ride at all on the roads w/o seeing a cop or some irate person yelling and screaming at you.I hate to say it but ATV riders are thier own worst enemy.

Yamaha_Rules69
04-22-2003, 10:36 PM
Here in Minnesota, they just passed a law saying that we can no longer ride in the ditches because of "pheaseant habitat." They also do not allow riding on the roads, and there are no trails to ride nearby, so I guess they expect us to ride on our own property. What a bunch of BS!

Andrew
04-24-2003, 12:33 AM
i think i will move to west virginia next year,because they passed a law that DOES let u ride on the roads!,i think its only 1 lane backroads and stuff,but still! D