PDA

View Full Version : Seen that rock a little too late

Banage
02-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Yep, hit a rock on the lake with My 90 Prawler, only I didnt crash it, I launched off it. Now, the tunnel is sitting on the track. Sucks. I cant figure out why either. I think shocks blew out, but I was told it could be a Spring. Its been too cold to get out there and look. I have never taking a track out, Is it hard? Any pointers

MikeRWK
02-09-2007, 06:41 PM
ya got pics?

Banage
02-09-2007, 09:02 PM
well the pictures were too large to add but the thing that gets me, is its been hanging from the tow hitch for 6 hours now and it has not relaxed. I tried to pull it down, and i cant budge it. Yes its been outside 6 dagrees cold, but with no weight on it, why wont it relax? no matter what broke, gravity would do the work right?

MikeRWK
02-09-2007, 10:44 PM
you broke the springs, or they stuck, or you bent something, my stepdad has a mach 1 and i used to hit jumps with it and the suspension would stick cause someone welded it, we put a new carriage in and that thing hooks up like crazy i weigh 250 and with me on the gas tank and someone behind me i can flip it backwards and its completely stock

Banage
02-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Well after I got home from work, the track was where it belonged. So i droped it down from hanging, sat on it and it was juat as good as the day i got it. what the hell. It stayed up it lifted when I got off it. What could this be, the shocks were frozen?

MikeRWK
02-10-2007, 07:30 PM
just got jammed cause it bottomed out too hard i guess cant really say without bein there lol

RedRider_AK
04-29-2007, 06:55 PM
Might have jammed up with ice or something. Be sure to check the slides and everything else to make sure you didn't snap/tear/crack anything.