PDA

View Full Version : Snow?!?!?!?!

MIK6
02-10-2007, 03:51 PM
I am sick of this stuff!!!!! All I seem to do is snow blow. I live in Oswego NY, We have been on national news for all the snow we have been getting. So far since Monday we have over 80 inches!!! AND STILL COMING!!!
I know snow settles and looks like a lot less than there is but I'm sick of it!! I spent a few hours shoveling the roof today, then blew out the driveway, as soon as I put it away and backed the truck into the drive the plow went by and put 3ft of snow off the road back into the front of the driveway. Screw it Ill get it later!!
Heres a few pictures. 1 off my truck taken off the front porch, 2 back at the house after I put the truck away and 1 of the 5ft fence in the back yard.

MIK6 / Mike

russell56443
02-10-2007, 04:05 PM
LOL,I wish we had some of it here in Minnesota!!!

Billy Golightly
02-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Holy cow Mike! I guess we can chalk this up to "global freezing" :lol:

85hondaatc125m
02-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Yeah, I wish we had some too, havent been able to go snowmobiling for almost 2 months now because of the lack of snow.

bigreddad
02-10-2007, 04:20 PM
wow , snow is fun to a point , but that is a real hassle

MIK6
02-10-2007, 04:22 PM
In the 3rd picture you can see the neighbors roof, I had shoveled the same amout off of mine!!

MIK6 / Mike

chris200x
02-10-2007, 04:27 PM
I was starting to wonder about you upstate new york guys. :eek: I'm sure it sucks but I'm jealous as hell... got about 2-4 inches here all year.

Do you have a snow mobile? :naughty:

SPD FRK
02-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Build a snow fort! Fun and good exercise.

ATC-Eric
02-10-2007, 04:40 PM
:eek: WOW!

Im very jealous, I wish it would dump on us here, but never will :(

I can see how youd be sick of it though. I hate it when the snow plows do that crap!

90nut
02-10-2007, 08:12 PM
I hope I never see that much snow at one time. Snow is fun but after a couple of feet it just sucks. I hope you are staying warm out there mike.

Old 179
02-10-2007, 09:32 PM
our bigest snow at one time has been 8/10 of an inch. wish we would get some, but not like what Mikes has. Hi Mike!! have not communicated with you since trike fest. Thanks for showing us around!!!

Bryan Raffa
02-11-2007, 01:38 AM
Build a snow fort! Fun and good exercise.

I think thats the last thing on mikes mind after shovelin 80"+ of snow..:lol:

84honda200s
02-11-2007, 01:41 AM
man i have that much here too. its bin snowing on and off for about 5 or so days.

threewheelin-feelin
02-11-2007, 02:57 AM
ill take 2 feet of that here in hampton virginia

theonlyjosh
02-11-2007, 12:01 PM
we have about 6-8 inches of snow on ground here, it's been here for like a month... i wish we had 80+ inches that would be sweet! i'm 16 but i would build a snow fort and ride snowmobiles! ahah i love the snow!

Russell 350X
02-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Damn I wish I had all that snow...we may have a foot in the valley.

BigGreenMachine
02-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Wow! I know a lot of people that would love 80 inches of that...me included. Have been out on the snowmobile with my g/f all day, and snowboarding and skating, etc...

I hate the stuff most times, its either too heavy and wet so it breaks your back or it comes at the wrong time.

Though we have a great plow that makes our 70m driveway seem short.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/BigGreenMachine/IMG_0322.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/BigGreenMachine/IMG_0317.jpg

I'll be upgrading to an Arctic-Cat Sno Pro 440 race sled next winter. Great machines, tough as nails and from 0-60 it'll flat leave any stock sled sitting on the porch. I'll be looking forward to seeing the snow fly.

Chevy200s
02-13-2007, 07:04 PM
I'll be upgrading to an Arctic-Cat Sno Pro 440 race sled next winter. Great machines, tough as nails and from 0-60 it'll flat leave any stock sled sitting on the porch. I'll be looking forward to seeing the snow fly.

yeah those sleds are awesome, they got crazy acceleration from what I hear. My friend races for arctic cat and says up to 65 nothing will catch it, once you hit 70 his 1982 John Deere Liquifire walks past it, lol. All in the clutch I guess, nice sleds if you want serious acceleration

devildog_0431
02-13-2007, 07:42 PM
We have only gotten 2 inches this year in Southern Illinois, it's been raining the last 2 days and now it's turning to snow, just some light powder on the ground now, maybe 1/4 in. I saw on CNN today Buffalo New York has 12 feet of snow, lol.

3 weelin geezer
02-13-2007, 09:50 PM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g257/3_weelin_geezer/Hitlery.jpg

Russell 350X
02-14-2007, 12:12 AM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g257/3_weelin_geezer/Hitlery.jpg
:beer :p :p :p :p :p

3wheelencowboy
02-14-2007, 12:51 AM
Damn now I see why I don't whant to live where it snows that much. Working that hard could give a guy a heart attack:eek: And that pic just made my day.:beer

90nut
02-14-2007, 10:41 AM
Mike, your not the only one shoveling your arms off. We got like 10 inches or so in the last day but we've had 50mph gusts and the drifts are crazy!! Thankfully my driveway is kinda sheltered by pine trees on both sides. Al this shoveling and plowing makes me thirsty. Time for a beer!:w00t: :beer

BGM- nice plow bro! Is that one of those snowmobile trail groomer thingys?

Old 179
02-14-2007, 11:49 PM
Mike, your not the only one shoveling your arms off. We got like 10 inches or so in the last day but we've had 50mph gusts and the drifts are crazy!! Thankfully my driveway is kinda sheltered by pine trees on both sides. Al this shoveling and plowing makes me thirsty. Time for a beer!:w00t: :beer

BGM- nice plow bro! Is that one of those snowmobile trail groomer thingys?

We just got our biggest snow of year down on this end. ( 1" ) Might find a drift or two up to 6" Still waiting on snow for the year! Good luck to every one with the big snows!!!

IrvSLedman
02-14-2007, 11:58 PM
lol Oh yeah those oswego fellas got hit hard, back home in WNY about an hour east of buffalo theres some serious snow now..last weekend when i left my pool was under it, and got 2 more feet just last night! cant wait to go home tomorrow!!!

dickieg89
02-15-2007, 12:13 AM
devildog, where on cnn did it say buffalo has 12 feet? they are dead wrong if they said that, we got 12 inches last night. I've been lazy and let the drifts build up and took my yard sale snow thrower to the drifts tonight, that was fun, every 15 minutes it floods out and I have to pull the plug and clean it.

BigGreenMachine
02-15-2007, 01:42 PM
90nut, not a trail groomer, more of a logging machine then anything. Its a Bombardier J5 from the 70's maybe late 60's. It'll go anywhere and over just about anything! FUN!!!

scooterroo
02-15-2007, 09:37 PM
well mik6 think us over here in the eastern part of the state can start complaining as well. got dumped on by the white stuff starting tuesday night, and it let up just after midnight on thursday. i just spent the last 48 hours taking care of it and getting it out of the way. had three plow trucks running and still couldnt keep up with it. when i measured with the yard stick, i got a reading of 31 inches. more then we have had all winter, combined!!!

BigGreenMachine
02-15-2007, 11:11 PM
31 inches! I'm jealous! Putting the final pieces back on my little snowmobile (Bravo) and we just got hit with a big rainfall. The snow is going to be garbage after this!

MIK6
02-16-2007, 03:03 PM
I am so sick of this stuff!! Its still snowing here, Still in a parking ban and a state of emergency for the city of Oswego. I don't know what to do w/ it anymore, you angle the blower to get it over the bank and it lands in the neighbors driveway. No place to put it.
We got 12 inches last nite, its a whiteout now, expecting another 18 to 24 tonite. That would put us over the 170in mark for the last 2 weeks. Thank god the snow settles w/ time and we only have 8ft tall banks w/ about 5ft general area.
I need to get out of this state for a bit!!! LOL

MIK6 / Mike

Tri-ZNate
02-16-2007, 03:35 PM
well look at it this way, its a record so it wont happen again for a VERY long time ;)

kb200x
02-16-2007, 03:37 PM
I am so sick of this stuff!! Its still snowing here, Still in a parking ban and a state of emergency for the city of Oswego. I don't know what to do w/ it anymore, you angle the blower to get it over the bank and it lands in the neighbors driveway. No place to put it.
We got 12 inches last nite, its a whiteout now, expecting another 18 to 24 tonite. That would put us over the 170in mark for the last 2 weeks. Thank god the snow settles w/ time and we only have 8ft tall banks w/ about 5ft general area.
I need to get out of this state for a bit!!! LOL

MIK6 / Mike

Holy Cow Mike! Man I would make a trip to the store and stock up on all the beer and food you can get and make like a bear till spring. Thats unreal. :beer

petesatc
02-16-2007, 05:19 PM
Hey Mike any more pics please....we never get snow like that over here in the UK

ATC crazy
02-18-2007, 12:40 PM
You bastards! I'm soooo jeaous!

Thursday, we set out to go to Norwich, NY (just north of Binghampton) to visit some family. It's been over a year since I've seen them. Anyways, we drove up to Chambersburg, PA and heard the news that I-81 was shut down from Mile marker 85 all the way to the NY border. I-78 to the turn pike was shut down also. Routes 11 and 15 were parking lots. So we got a room in Chambersburg and headed back south in the morning. Sucks because they have 3 feet of snow, and I've only seen that once in my life before. Where we stayed in PA, there was about 6-8 inches on the ground. That's the most I'll ever see in a year.

Our totals this year....3 inches of snow and 1/2 inch of sleet. Bummer!

chris200x
02-18-2007, 12:49 PM
You bastards! I'm soooo jeaous!

Thursday, we set out to go to Norwich, NY (just north of Binghampton) to visit some family. It's been over a year since I've seen them. Anyways, we drove up to Chambersburg, PA and heard the news that I-81 was shut down from Mile marker 85 all the way to the NY border. I-78 to the turn pike was shut down also. Routes 11 and 15 were parking lots. So we got a room in Chambersburg and headed back south in the morning. Sucks because they have 3 feet of snow, and I've only seen that once in my life before. Where we stayed in PA, there was about 6-8 inches on the ground. That's the most I'll ever see in a year.

Our totals this year....3 inches of snow and 1/2 inch of sleet. Bummer!

Hey ATC crazy. I live right smack dab where interstates 80 and 81 meet near Hazleton Pa. (both have been closed from wednesday till saturday) you wanna talk about a freakin mess! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: We got about 15 inches up here from that storm. and Penndot (the fine folks who are responsible for plowing our roads) have been pretty much non exsistant throughout the whole ordeal. They tried to convert all the traffic through town and it's been gridlocked up until last night. :mad: sorry but I feel your pain and just had to vent a lil'. :D

Tri-ZNate
02-18-2007, 07:43 PM
yeah it was botched up real well, people waiting in their vehicles 17+ hours is just unacceptable.
But I found out tonight that 18" is just a wee bit too much for the SX, PITA to get anywhere (I could have walked faster) and then it had the gull to overheat on me. First time for everything :D