PDA

View Full Version : eBay drama ( moved from open forum )

longbedGTs
02-11-2007, 07:47 PM
I sold my Mustang to a guy that seemed really interested in it. He asked two different questions about the car. His bid went in within the last few hours. The auction ended Feb 7th and Ive only had ONE response from him, which was initiated by ME. Correct me if Im wrong, but isnt it the buyer who should make contact with the seller first? Thats how it should be anyway. So...here we are 4 days later with virtually no contact from this guy. One email reply then nothing. I dont want to nag at the guy but I just think this is very unprofessional to leave the deal hanging like this. Hes got until the 17th to pay in full before I relist the car and report him to eBay. Should I wait a few more days or send him another email? Also, why is it so hard for people to ake contact after the auction ends? Bids are put in at the last second, we all know that. Why not stick around and communicate with your buyer/seller? :wondering Some peoples business practices are terrible. :banned:

Billy Golightly
02-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Back before paypal the seller always initiated contact first to tell the buyer where to send payment to, what was acceptable, etc. Now a days, auction ends, buyer sends paypal 5minutes later, item shows up a week later with no contact from the seller period. You said he replied to what you sent him, did he say he was going to pay or what?

longbedGTs
02-11-2007, 09:04 PM
I sent him the invoice right after the auction ended. 1 1/2 days and no response, then I sent a regular message through eBays messaging system. Thats what he responded to. He said when he would try to pick the car up and left his telephone number. I replied with what days were ok and left my number. No response since. I have his # but I dont think its my responsibility to call him, since he bought my item.

Billy Golightly
02-11-2007, 09:09 PM
I think your kind of over analyzing this :p Just give him a call tomorrow, say you were wondering when he might be able to come pick up the car/pay you and what days you will be available.

smyers33
02-11-2007, 11:02 PM
Just give him a call like Billy siad... If I was the buyer I would've called you, but some people do things different. Hopefully not a dead beat.

mark38090
02-12-2007, 12:48 AM
I would definitely call him, could be the difference between completing the sale or not.

mudbogger
02-19-2007, 12:00 PM
Not to be a killjoy here-but it has been my experience that if the buyer doesn't reply back to you via emails,landline after the auction has ended-especailly after a couple of days they usually are a deadbeat bidder and dont have the money for the item, in many cases for me it turns out that "Junior" was on the parents computer and put a bid in on the item,I can't even tell you how many parents I have talked to over the telephone in response to my many emails for payment for an item that "Junior" bid on while they were out.It is also my opinion that Ebay should do something other than the standard practice of telling you to try to work it out with the seller, usually it doesnt do any good, they should do as the auction says and MAKE THEM PAY-unfortunitly they dont use/threathen legal action for auctions such as yours, they just ask you to relist the item-which in my cases is a pain in the arse.I usually will block a bidder who does as it seems was done to you that doesn't pay for an item, reporting them to Ebay IMO does nothing for you and is a great pain in the arse.I have had bidders give me # and they are disconnected-never answered.Also beware of bidders that want your information as well, there have been alot of scammer out there that will use your info to hacK YOUR AUCTIONS -I usually change my password for Ebay every week-that helps alot in the case of the scammers.I wish you the best of luck.

longbedGTs
02-20-2007, 07:13 AM
The guy picked up the car on Valentines day. He is in the military and was talking about 25 hours shifts or something like that, so Im guessing that had something to do with the lack of communication. He was a real decent guy to do business with, so it was just the abnormalities of life that got in the way.
Thanks for the responses! :beer