PDA

View Full Version : Ebay snipers deserve to die!

bp739
02-11-2007, 11:19 PM
Man ,I hate it when someone jumps in at the last minute and snipes your stuff..ya know.....your the only one to bid on something for like 6 days and ya think your gonna get a good deal ...one minute to go and...boom.. gone to some scumbag.....sorry just had to vent....but they suck.

200x Basket
02-11-2007, 11:37 PM
bid higher is all i can say. why would it matter if he bid with 1 second left or ten days. he still outbid you.

87250es
02-12-2007, 12:13 AM
i use the sniper so people dont search by bidder and see what i am bidding on. If i find a item that was listed under the wrong part number or name i am not going to place a bid so people can see that item and run up the price.

If i was selling alot of parts i would not like the snipers but as far as buying goes i love it.

82300R
02-12-2007, 12:38 AM
do what i did. buy a 8000.00 dollar quad. put the trikes in the shed for special occasions. just get the hard to get parts when you can snatch a semi good deal. they always come back around sooner or later. i'm done taken it up the rear on ebay on used junk. i rather take it on new stuff that i can walk in the door somewhere, pay and walk out.:crazy:

Maico
02-12-2007, 07:06 AM
Don't hate the player...hate the game!! LOL!!

ScottZJ
02-12-2007, 08:11 AM
Just join the club man, then you wont be the one getting sniped on.:naughty:

Howdy
02-12-2007, 08:45 AM
i use the sniper so people dont search by bidder and see what i am bidding on. If i find a item that was listed under the wrong part number or name i am not going to place a bid so people can see that item and run up the price.

If i was selling alot of parts i would not like the snipers but as far as buying goes i love it.

Same for me. Though I have been known to bid some what early. The auction isn't over until it ends.

As a seller I don't mind snipers, in fact I have sold some stuff before that went the whole week without a bid, and then in the last 10 sec of the auction the prices went nuts. One item was started at $.99 and in 10 seconds went over $150.00, I would have been happy to sell it at $.99.
Howdy

dreadhed
02-12-2007, 10:00 AM
You are not bidding enough. How are you going to get mad at someone who wants it & is willing to pay more than you? That is the way it works. Use a snipper program your self if you think it will help that much.

bp739
02-12-2007, 10:36 AM
All I'm sayin is that it SUCKS when theres less than a minute left, your the only bidder in 6 days and someone bids .50 cents more than you and wins...and theres no time to re-bid... I dont go on ebay to see how MUCH I can spend...if I wanted to do that I'd just hit all the "buy it nows" and pay top dollar...

Well as the old saying goes..."if you cant beat'um join'um"....i guess I'll just start doin the same thing.

RID3R
02-12-2007, 10:46 AM
All I'm sayin is that it SUCKS when theres less than a minute left, your the only bidder in 6 days and someone bids .50 cents more than you and wins...and theres no time to re-bid... I dont go on ebay to see how MUCH I can spend...if I wanted to do that I'd just hit all the "buy it nows" and pay top dollar...

Well as the old saying goes..."if you cant beat'um join'um"....i guess I'll just start doin the same thing.
Was it a tri z you where trying to get on ebay????

350Xhilaration
02-12-2007, 11:41 AM

Check this snipe program...configurable and reliable (and free!!)

www.jbidwatcher.com

mike from long island
02-12-2007, 01:23 PM
i have a question about the snipes program.do you bid on it early.and no bid is shown? what i mean is i will watch something until the last minute and bid. but sometimes the seller ends the auction early for whatever reason. do the snipes make him have to cancel your bid? i do buy a lot and dont bid on parts mislisted either. but seeing how a few got ended and never relisted i have gotten another ebay name that no one is familar with. i only buy with it.never sell. but a part that is listed clearly for everyone to see i put the max i want to spend and hope for the best.

200x Basket
02-12-2007, 01:37 PM
All I'm sayin is that it SUCKS when theres less than a minute left, your the only bidder in 6 days and someone bids .50 cents more than you and wins...and theres no time to re-bid... .

and there is your problem. if you did not bid the max that you would pay for it then you are not using ebay correctly. now you see why snipe programs are liked. the people who try to skimp out get beat and my bid does not get run up $1 at a time until you out bid me.

mike from long island
02-12-2007, 02:56 PM

who is to say how high the other bidder is willing to go. at 50cents or $1.00.the next highest bid gets the win. i have beat other bidders by a penny. they bid $10.00 and i had already bid $10.01.it automatical summits by highest bid and i win.even by a penny. lol you know the other bidder was PO'ed :beer

84honda200s
02-12-2007, 03:55 PM
i dont use a program. i have my internet and computer timed just rite. i put my maxe bid in when there is 5 seconds left the when there is 3 seconds left i hit the bid button. it works about 90% of the time. the other 10% is just because they put in a higher bid than i am willing to pay. no big deal really. if they wanna pay up the butt for a used part let em. id just rather go to the dealer or dennis kirk and get it brand new for a little more.

200x newby
02-12-2007, 04:20 PM
i hate them too but ive been known to do it. i was high bidder on a NOS 1986/1987 200x extended axle about 3 months ago and some artard out bid me at the minute dang was i pi$$ed off but hey better to be pi$$ed off than pi$$ed on ya know

Teeksoffroad
02-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Why get mad at the sniper ? You should be mad at yourself for not bidding higher. The sniper doesn't win because they bid at the end. They win because they put in a higher bid than you. Be it the first day or the last second. If you get outbid on eBay it's because someone bid higher than you. That's the way an auction works.

bp739
02-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Ya know what ...forget I even brought it up...no one see's my point anyway.

82300R
02-13-2007, 12:06 AM
i feel ya! there are ways to get revenge. just keep an eye on em.:twisted:

Howdy
02-13-2007, 09:47 AM
I understand your point, I was once there myself. Instead of complaining I joined the sniper side of things. I no longer get into a bidding war either. I bid my max and if I win it SUPER, if I lose the bid, then I keep looking for another deal.
Howdy

200x Basket
02-13-2007, 01:52 PM
I bid my max and if I win it SUPER, if I lose the bid, then I keep looking for another deal.
Howdy

that is the way it is supposed to work:beer

dizasterzrfun69
02-13-2007, 09:09 PM
I understand your point, I was once there myself. Instead of complaining I joined the sniper side of things. I no longer get into a bidding war either. I bid my max and if I win it SUPER, if I lose the bid, then I keep looking for another deal.
Howdy

yupp exactly. If i dont win what i snipe then somebody probablly paid too much for it lol

3 weelin geezer
02-17-2007, 07:33 PM
I dind't complain. I wanted a silencer for my mac 11 and the winner paid $62 or so. They retail for around $35-$40 new. Oh, well. I'll just wait till the next one comes around.

DixiePlowboy
02-17-2007, 09:53 PM
I guess I've been guilty of (manual)sniping since I lost my first auction by a nickle. Just moments ago, I won an auction for a Tecate rear axle, a sprocket hub, and shipping totaling $35.50. There had been a $10 bid on there for days, and apparently nobody was watching but me when the final 19 seconds came. Does that make me evil? I don't know.

But I do know that I wanted it more(or else there would've been some competition), and that my Tecate project just sprang ahead by at least a couple of weeks on my fianancially dictated build schedule.

mudbogger
02-19-2007, 12:08 PM
The whole fun of the sniping issue is to be there, in the heat of the "battle" for the part.I love it, only when I win.I usually do not snipe anything, I just bid it high-price for me is not an issue-if I want the part/s or absolutly need them, I'll pay whatever I think it is to get it, if that means overpaying so be it, I have had many items sniped from me but I also have gotten many items by overpaying a bit as well.Usually an item will come up for sale again, these days non paying bidders are so frequent that it doesnt surprise me when I see the same item for sale a wekk later again.

82300R
02-19-2007, 04:38 PM
yeah, i have dealt with several "non sending sellers" also. to go along with those non paying bidders. ebay is almost not worth the hassle anymore.:rolleyes:

mudbogger
02-19-2007, 06:20 PM
yeah, i have dealt with several "non sending sellers" also. to go along with those non paying bidders. ebay is almost not worth the hassle anymore.:rolleyes:
LMAO-I totally agree with you -there have been so many times when I just ask myself, go to board and get the parts-I usually post here far any 3 wheeler parts I need, I have had much success here-I just got a frame 'bout a month ago from "MIKE IN LONG ISLAND" AND THE THING WAS AS HE DESCRIBED,(perfect) PRICE WAS RIGHT AND i DIDNT GET SNIPED ON IT-life is good here for parts-screw EBAY.

mudbogger
02-19-2007, 06:20 PM
LMAO-I totally agree with you -there have been so many times when I just ask myself, go to board and get the parts-I usually post here far any 3 wheeler parts I need, I have had much success here-I just got a frame 'bout a month ago from "MIKE IN LONG ISLAND" AND THE THING WAS AS HE DESCRIBED,(perfect) PRICE WAS RIGHT AND i DIDNT GET SNIPED ON IT-life is good here for parts-screw EBAY.

longbedGTs
02-20-2007, 08:40 AM
I hear ya bp, Ive even stopped running longer auctions when selling...since everything is put in at the last minute. 5 Day auctions instead of 7. Getting sniped is a drag, but getting sniped by your own computer sucks even worse. Im on dialup so I usually put in bids with plenty of time for my comp to react. I put in the bid, comp froze, nuts shriveled, waited, screen says "sorry item has ended". I was about to toss this trap out the window! :mad:
Ill admit, I get a quick heartbeat when Im in a last second bidding war with Joe Shmoe. I dont think Ive ever bid with less than a day to go.

I see it as this using Joe and Ron as examples.
Joe wants that piece of Brittany Spears hair and is willing to pay .8 for it, so he puts in his bid for .8.
Ron sees it and will pay .9 so he puts in the bid and is the highest since Joe only put .8.
Joe refreshes the page and sees hes been outbid. He decides to bid .12 since he really wanted to be the only fool with dead hair from a washed up pop star.
Now, Ron only got outbid because Joe saw his bid and had enough time to react. If Ron had waited a little longer, his bid would have went in and out bidded Joe and Joe wouldnt have had time to react.
If you put in your max bid with plenty of time for the other guy to outbid you when he wouldnt have otherwise paid as much as he did to have to outbid you, then thats why sniping has to be done.
Thank you, I'll be here all night. Be sure to tip your waitress. :p

88 Turbo Coupe
02-21-2007, 09:25 AM
Man ,I hate it when someone jumps in at the last minute and snipes your stuff..ya know.....your the only one to bid on something for like 6 days and ya think your gonna get a good deal ...one minute to go and...boom.. gone to some scumbag.....sorry just had to vent....but they suck.

Why don't you start a "SNIPER REGISTRY" and pick em off one at a time!