PDA

View Full Version : WTF ! oh he11 no

devildog_0431
02-13-2007, 09:36 AM
Went to bleed my rear brakes after installing some EBC pads on....and my bleeder valve wouldn't release air....took it out and there were metal shavings in the hole blocking it and the threads were stripped on the valve and the caliper. I know for a fact I didn't do that, this is gonna be $300 more to fix :cry: There goes my long travel wide kit for now :cry:

SYKO
02-13-2007, 09:56 AM
300 dollars for a CALIPER?! WTF? man id be hiting the bay for one!

devildog_0431
02-13-2007, 10:09 AM
I have to buy the entire assembly.....and I just paid $50 for a new caliper piston cuz the stock ones threading gets smashed whenever the pads run out, this happened to both mine and my friends rappy 700.....it's bull. They won't cover the piston under warranty, i'm so mad, I've looked online a couple times, I guess I'll just have to check again and again :(

devildog_0431
02-13-2007, 10:15 AM
I found a guy on the bay who I've seen parting out the 700's, he has it all except the rear caliper....I emailed him askin if he can get one, guess I gotta wait and hope :(

wheelie king
02-13-2007, 10:40 AM
address the real issue here- Yamaha assebled this WRONG- crossthreading or whatever, and now it is costing you $$$??????? HECK NO. Did your friend buy his Rappy from the same dealer? If so, there's the problem.:eek:

maggiesboy
02-13-2007, 11:10 AM
I'll check with my service counter folks today and see if they have seen this problem at all. I do know when we uncrate a machine, the caliper is bolted in place. I'll reply in a few hours.

4cylinders
02-13-2007, 12:35 PM
hey, I'd either heli-coil, or get the next size bleeder screw.

devildog_0431
02-13-2007, 01:21 PM
So just tap and re-thread it ? hmmm....that's an idea there. My friend got his from a dealer over the phone in Michigan and they delivered it, I got mine down here.

What do u mean by heli-coil ? Give me some ideas here guys.

4cylinders
02-13-2007, 01:30 PM
hey, heli-coil is a thread insert, drill out the old threads, install heli-coil and you have new threads.

OldSchoolin86
02-13-2007, 02:05 PM
HECK NO. Did your friend buy his Rappy from the same dealer? If so, there's the problem.:eek:
Dealers don't touch things like bleeder screws on new machines. A lot of times all they do is bolt on tires, raise the handlebars and do a little break-in run.

devildog_0431
02-13-2007, 03:48 PM
hey, heli-coil is a thread insert, drill out the old threads, install heli-coil and you have new threads.

Never heard of a heli coil....I mean it's kinda like the Sleeves you can put in your motor heads if you blow a plug out. You just punch this in there and then thread the plug back in ? I'm scepticle on thinkin it would hold pressure, it would have to be a tight fit, where can you get these and how much ? the bleeder is 8mm if I recall.

4cylinders
02-13-2007, 06:12 PM
hey, local parts places, or shop could install it. pressure is controlled by the tapered seat on the end of the bleeder screw.

devildog_0431
02-13-2007, 07:45 PM
Outstanding, the dealer has my quad now, putting new bearings in along w/ a new upper a-arm/balljoint/and spinder knuckle under warranty, after I get it back I'll look around to findin that. So they make them in metric and standard I presume, you think auto zone has them ?

maggiesboy
02-13-2007, 08:07 PM
NO history of rear caliper issues on Raptor 7's at our shop. Excellerated pad wear when compared to other Yammie sporties, but no caliper issues.

devildog_0431
02-15-2007, 02:30 PM
But whats the deal w/ the pistons threads getting damaged on their own when the pads run out, happened to mine and my friends.....connection in my mind. He is a lil impatient w/ his so I'll be nice and try to fit his piston back in sometime and see how it goes, I had to buy a whole new one :(

But in other words he is about to loose his quad for some personal reasons involving his behavior so I may swipe his caliper if it gets taken away :)

MTS
02-15-2007, 08:12 PM
Maby Change your pads Before the wear down to nothing, and you wont have issues.