PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha Blaster

yamaha225
02-17-2007, 08:58 PM
:D I don't care what anyone say's about a Blaster but man those things are fun. After getting mine runnning and breaking in the motor I was surprised at the power it has. Now i'm not trying to compare it to a Banshee or Raptor but I'll line up with a 300ex anyday. It's amazing what a few mods will do to those things. I am very impressed. Just need better suspension though unless you're riding it hard that thing will beat the hell out of you.

scooterroo
02-18-2007, 08:46 PM
400ex or 450r rear shock works wonders, and a nice set of works fronts work good to. you can get elkas but they are mucho dinero. depends on what you wanna spend. i have a 450r rear i am installing, not hard to do at all, but need to do some minor mods. and yeah with the right mods, a blaster can be simply put... badass!! i have a new vitos 240 kit i just installed, and havent really had a chance to break it in yet, less then 15 minutes on it and my right lower balljoint snapped. oucho. anyways, i am going with burgard +2+1 a-arms. gonna also be adding the new v force reeds and the 30mm carb with aluminum airbox, thing will be a beast for a 240.

yamaha225
02-18-2007, 11:21 PM
Yeah I saw you're post. That sucks I just had to buy a completely new motor for mine somehow my friend knocked a hole in the center of the case. The one I bought off of ebay has a Wiseco piston and an IMS crank. Compared to the old motor their's a lot more power.