PDA

View Full Version : OHIO'c CRA Faircross series dates released...

Derrick Adams
02-18-2007, 03:02 PM
I just found these dates on CRA's website. Looks like Crawford County was dropped this year.

Here we go:

Fri. Jul 20th Ottawa County Fair
Sun. Jul 29th Summit County Fair (AM and PM races)
Thur. Aug 2nd Medina County Fair
Wed. Aug 8th Richland County Fair
Thur. Aug 9th Cuyahoga County Fair
Fri. Aug 10th Attica County Fair
Thur. Aug 16th Holmes County Fair
Fri. Aug 17th Lake County Fair
Sun. Aug 26th Lorain County Fair

3leggeddog
02-18-2007, 05:28 PM
o man.we got to race weds,thurs,fri in that one week.holy chit.gonna be sore!

TimSr
02-18-2007, 06:42 PM
Just to clarify, Lorain County Fair is NOT part of the Faircross Series, and is not sponsored by Faircross Promotions aka Patriot Promotions. This event is run by Amherst Meadowlarks MC Club. Last year was the first since 1998 that I did not run it, but they have always allowed me to run my TriZ in the past, but they probably will not honor a specific Three Wheeler Class as the people doing Faircross do.

Derrick Adams
02-18-2007, 10:18 PM
Judging by the locations of these races Tim, I don't see why we can't just shoot to run them all! We can have a trike class at every race in the series, plus pick up some stragglers along the way. I know some of those races are pretty close to ATCTim and of course Mark, Max, and Brian.

TimSr
02-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Judging by the locations of these races Tim, I don't see why we can't just shoot to run them all! We can have a trike class at every race in the series, plus pick up some stragglers along the way. I know some of those races are pretty close to ATCTim and of course Mark, Max, and Brian.

Sounds like a challenge! Ive got more vacation time this year and am seriously considering running more than last year. It would be nice to pick up a few more racers to help support the CRA and Patriot/Faircross Promotions for giving us this opportunity. Im not sure how many years of this I have left in me, but I dont think its very many.

smokinwrench
02-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Im not sure how many years of this I have left in me, but I dont think its very many.

Ah heck you just start taking more Tylenol before and after the race. Works for me at this point. You guys are so lucky to have that much racing in your area. They have eleminated our local harescramble series. If I want to race local this year I have to race in MX. You guys don't know how lucky you are.

Derrick Adams
07-08-2007, 04:45 PM
I spoke with the doctor on friday and should be cleared to race on the 29th.

This is a 2 for 1 day with both a race in the morning and evening at Summit County fairgrounds. Also it falls on a Sunday. Probably the easiest of the fair tracks. Hope to see some of you guys there for my return.

atctim
07-09-2007, 08:18 AM
So these races are CRA races? Here in PA - if it is CRA - I can not run my trike. There is a really nice harescramble track not to far from me - but they won't let me run because it is CRA sanctioned. Did you guys specifically talk to the organizers, or how did you get them to let you run?

Derrick Adams
07-09-2007, 09:35 AM
These are CRA sanctioned races presented by Patriot Promotions. The owner of Patriot Promotions is a great guy thats at every race and he decides whether we race or not.

TimSr has been racing these races forever and we just kind-of got in under his "Grandfather Clause". We have our own class now, since we so faithfully attended last year but we still start with the Senior Quad class.

My guess is, it's really up to the track owner or promoter whether you can run or not. I really don't think CRA does not allow trikes, being as we've been all over the place the last couple years (even on their website) and no-one has ever said anything negative.

Derrick Adams
07-26-2007, 04:38 AM
Update:
Thumb feels decent. Shooting for Sundays Summit county races. Just need to install the twist throttle and get a little seat time first.