PDA

View Full Version : done done done

azhondagrl
02-19-2007, 01:49 PM
well I finally got to take the trx out for its maiden voyage last weekend to sycamore creek.

Rode it up and down the alley 15 times before I was to be picked up for the ride, and naturally as I pulled it into the driveway to be loaded onto the trailer the carb started spewing gas out of every overflow. We got out there, I took it apart and didn't seem like anything was wrong with it so we loaded a tow rope up and went out. Didn't even run outta gas(gotta love the desert tank).

That bike ran so strong and handled really well...I coudln't believe it! Being that I hadn't ever really ridden a quad, it'd always been 3 wheels...I was impressed, to say the least.

I traded a guy my stock seat for a desert seat since after 6 hours of riding my tush was sore. Since I do the majority of my riding out here, I figured I might as well match the desert tank up with a seat. =)

Another guy here had some front plastics he didn't want anymore so he gave those to me, and I cut down the rear fenders to where they were cracked at since they felt like flapping in the wind during the ride.

Finally got a chance to get into the carb some more this weekend, and found some junk up in where the float sets, so it was just overflowing immediatly.

I think all I have left to do is replace the clutch side gasket(hence the massive looking oil splatter from when I bought it), and get a new pilot jet. I cannot get it to idle for the life of me. The needle is in the middle clip, and the plug is still coming out kind of black. What should I try first, moving the needle up a position to try to lean it out? or....

anyways....here is pretty much the final product. Gonna keep it as stock as possible.

Before:
http://i9.tinypic.com/2hq9w8h.jpg
After:
http://i9.tinypic.com/404n02s.jpg

Dammit!
02-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Supposedly white wall cleaner will do wonders for the seat. Might want to give it a shot.

Looking good though. Last I heard Ryan was planning to go to Glamis this coming weekend. If he does I'm going too. You up for it?

azhondagrl
02-19-2007, 02:07 PM
The seat had another cover on it, and whatever upholstery shop put it on glued the cover on top of the blue one. I got the glue residue off, so what you see is discoloration in the vinyl. Unless thats what you're saying it will fix? What is the product exactly and where do I get it?

You mean he's planning to go out Feb. 24th? Hadn't heard. I also don't have a truck yet, still....so I'd need a ride....:cry:

Dammit!
02-19-2007, 02:44 PM
Not sure what the stuff is called but I've seen a couple people on here say some white wall tire cleaner will clean the hell out of a seat. Probably auto zone or checker would have something.

1DEADPRESIDENT
02-19-2007, 10:21 PM
A can of "Brush Cleaner" ( used to clean paint brushes) from Lowes or Ace Hardware will also clean the snot out of a stained SEAT or A boot marK!!!

vegas250rr
02-19-2007, 11:36 PM
westleys bleach white... you can get it at any auto store

jason85atc250r
02-20-2007, 11:24 PM
nice trx250r you got there. i always liked the blue ones better then the red.

get that poor thing some back fenders:lol: just joking. trx250r parts are going cheap on ebay since everybody wants the 450's now.

here;s a picture of my 86 trx250r

trikes4life
02-24-2007, 09:28 PM
did u cut the back fenders like that...that should be a sin

vegas250rr
02-24-2007, 09:35 PM
why did you get rid of the light? Night rides are the best... not to mention a good idea for safety while riding