PDA

View Full Version : Some pictures from a few weekends ago

Billy Golightly
04-23-2003, 07:38 PM
My cousin and I took a trip over to the Osceola national forest with our "Swamp Buggies" and spent the weekend running around. Only few pictures we have is when we were loading up to go over there. His is the one already loaded (78 Chevy blazer with a 350) and mines the one that gets loaded (48 Willy's Jeep with a 4 banger and 44 super swampers) After we go over there and unloaded about a 4 miles from our campsite (Would have been hard for the Mack truck to get to) we drove them to it. After a little while after setting camp up we got a visit from the rangers that told us we weren't allowed to ride on any of the graded roads, which cut out expected ride down to about 1/10000th of what it was going to be, but we decided to stay anyways. We did pretty good, my little 4 banger went through about a 1/2 a tank (9-10 gallons) and we did alot of riding. Quite a few places where the tires on mine were almost under with water and the fan was throwing water :shock: I don't know how my cousin made it through but he did. Anyways, heres some attached pictures for your enjoyment.

Bill X_R
04-23-2003, 07:44 PM
HOLY #$@#...You know you've got some seriouse toys when you have to haul them with a SEMI!!!!!!

:Beerchug :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

bigred110
04-23-2003, 08:44 PM
HOLY #$@#...You know you've got some seriouse toys when you have to haul them with a SEMI!!!!!!

:Beerchug :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Exactly what he said!!!! The one in the back is yours?

Billy Golightly
04-23-2003, 08:56 PM
Yup, thats mine. And also you probably can't see too well, but I'm on it too. I was wearing a camo jacket that morning because I had to drive it about a mile and a half out our dirtoad to the hard top which is where we loaded up at.

YAMAHA_Jim
04-23-2003, 09:06 PM
Cool machines. Dont you have to worry about alligators when camping?? When I first read "swamp buggy" I was thinking of those BIG wheeled V8 buggies that race(or used to)in Naples,FLA,,,lol,remember the sippi hole.

Chemical442
04-24-2003, 11:02 AM
I'm suprised you guys havent built cages... :shock: A roll over, even in the swamp, could be fatal!

Cool looking toys tho!!!! :D

Billy Golightly
04-24-2003, 11:18 AM
Well their not exactly speed demons by any means. Most of the time the max speed is around 5 mph. And also, you guys gotta remember, this is down here in FL where there are not any mountians or big hills :-P