PDA

View Full Version : lt250r questions

xman23
02-22-2007, 10:41 AM
are all the years of the quadracers the same or are they different, I found a good deal on one that is fully restored but I dont remember what year off hand, are there certain years I should look out for for problems?

El'Capitan
02-22-2007, 11:58 AM
the 85-86 weren't power valved, have shorter suspension travel, and have been know to have weaker frames. The 87-90 were powervalved, and had square carriers for the axles. The 91-92 were pretty much the same as 87-90 except the swingarm and rear suspension was changed.

xman23
02-22-2007, 03:35 PM
alright i just found out its a 85 wich kinda makes me mad, but ill tell ya some stuff bout it and tell me what you think
This is a 1985 suzuki LT250R that I've been working on for a while now and I feel that I've got it tuned for maximum performance. I have done a lot to this ATV to improve its physical looks and performance. Here are some of the things that I've done to it to make it better:

This is a ready to ride ATV
brand new black plastic
new carbon fiber radiator cover and cap cover
aftermarket carbon fiber pattern seat cover
nerf bars
aftermarket handlebars
I just had the engine completely gone through
I had the engine painted black
black waterproof suspension covers
stock gold powder coated rims
FMF fatty pipe and silencer
I had the frame powder coated a charcoal black
I replaced the bearing carrier seals
I had all of the fluids flushed and replaced
DG front bumper
I have only used amsoil in this machine
I had the engine bored 20 over
overall this is a rock solid machine

are the 85 motors reliable? im not going to be racing or anything, or jumping, just something to mess around and have fun with, but i also want something reliable, im also looking at a dirtbike but the bad part is alot of the trails where I live wont aloow them so im checking out some quads

El'Capitan
02-22-2007, 08:02 PM
i have no first hand experience with them (mines a 89') but for what you are doing i dont see why you would have any problems with it. do you have any pics of it? im almost done with my qracer.

xman23
02-22-2007, 10:58 PM
yea i have a couple pics of it, ill get them to this computer and post them up as soon as possible

sblt500r
02-23-2007, 12:03 AM
was that on ebay?? i read an auction that sounded just like that.

xman23
02-24-2007, 12:24 AM
yea it was on ebay, the guy never paid for it and the guy selling it only lives like 45 min away from me, i was talking to him about it before he put it on ebay