PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing Chinese Quads/Bikes

random-strike
02-23-2007, 08:28 PM
i will never buy one of those chinese built atvs, they are STEALING designs patented by other companies.

****DO NOT TYPE AROUND THE WORD FILTERS. iM REALLY GETTING SICK OF EDITING OUT PROFANITY! IT WLL BE A LOT EASIER TO EDIT OUT USERS****

junkrider
02-24-2007, 01:26 AM
by the way, side note. I took my kids to paragon with farmerc and chris200x. 1985 200x, 1985 cr80, 1996 warrior with severe piston slap, and my sons 2005 chinese 50 cc dirtbike.

I spent 2 hours at paragon (at $25 a head) fixing the chinese bike cuz the starter recoil was so poorly designed. the 22 year old bikes worked flawlessly and the warrior piston is still slapping around.

Do I think the chinese appeal to a market with a product that will eventually catch up and be equal to japanese bikes? YES. Is it there yet? NO.

However, when the fork tubes were destroyed and the fender got smashed, the parts were received with 7 days of ordering and cost me $40 including shipping. Very nice. The bike still works great since I cut the suspension and modified the seat so a 7 year old could ride it, but his 20 year old yamaha champ way outperforms in quality and reliability.

-mike (junkrider)

random-strike
02-24-2007, 03:26 AM
bottom line, buy these bikes you're helping communists oppress, murder, rape, steal, etc, and threaten the US.

TimSr
02-24-2007, 10:25 AM
bottom line, buy these bikes you're helping communists oppress, murder, rape, steal, etc, and threaten the US.

Most of these Chinese bikes and quads are made in Taiwain, not China. Do you know the difference?

atctim
02-24-2007, 10:29 AM

Random - I am really biting my tongue wanting to reply to your moronic posts - most of the time I read them and let them pass - but this time you have crossed the line in my book - why don't you show us the proof in the pudding...........

Prove to me or anyone else here that buying a this product will in any way oppress, murder, rape, steal and threaten the US. (and please start a new thread for it - because frankly, no one comes to this thread to view Random-Strikes Propagana. We come to read about a new 3 wheeler on the market.)

You have obviously taken a pretty good spill while not wearing a helmet. As I noted in another post of yours - if you don't have anything nice to say - don't say sqwat! Constructive critisicm is one thing, but your blantantly biased ignorant overtones are taking there toll on my well-being!

Take your cheap shots elsewhere - like the CSPC's website where they are deserved!

firehart
02-24-2007, 11:14 AM
I think it goes along with the old saying "You get what you pay for." I was looking at some of those China-Taiwan bikes but most sales people knew little about them. I ended up going back to the Honda dealer when I bought my Rancher and my Recon.

Dave223
02-24-2007, 12:28 PM
You know, I was going to leave this alone..but I just couldnt.
Are you being serious? Do you realize how much of the stuff you buy these days is actually made here in the USA? Take one day and go "tag-shopping". Go anywhere you like and just look at the tags on anything and everything. Pakistan, Bangladesh, China, Japan, Taiwan, Mexico, India. Go to a GMC dealer and look at a window sticker in a truck. I went 3 months ago, the truck I looked at said 35% of it was made/built in Mexico. Get real dude, Everything these days are made elsewhere, so is the support lines to fix and troubleshoot it. Its the way of the world. Dave

BTW, do you realize that Hondas patents ran out on the old ATC motors, they can be duplicated now. I see it as a good thing as it will only get better, and the engines will get better, give it time. i bought my son a 50Kazuma, It runs like a charm and with the electric start he can ride as he pleases without me having to go pull the start rope 50 times a day. To each his own I guess.

random-strike
02-24-2007, 04:38 PM
You know, I was going to leave this alone..but I just couldnt.
Are you being serious? Do you realize how much of the stuff you buy these days is actually made here in the USA? Take one day and go "tag-shopping". Go anywhere you like and just look at the tags on anything and everything. Pakistan, Bangladesh, China, Japan, Taiwan, Mexico, India. Go to a GMC dealer and look at a window sticker in a truck. I went 3 months ago, the truck I looked at said 35% of it was made/built in Mexico. Get real dude, Everything these days are made elsewhere, so is the support lines to fix and troubleshoot it. Its the way of the world. Dave

BTW, do you realize that Hondas patents ran out on the old ATC motors, they can be duplicated now. I see it as a good thing as it will only get better, and the engines will get better, give it time. i bought my son a 50Kazuma, It runs like a charm and with the electric start he can ride as he pleases without me having to go pull the start rope 50 times a day. To each his own I guess.

Im aware of this.

those are american companies making money by having people in china build stuff, this is a commie government owned company (they all are) who you are directly buying products from.

random-strike
02-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Random - I am really biting my tongue wanting to reply to your moronic posts - most of the time I read them and let them pass - but this time you have crossed the line in my book - why don't you show us the proof in the pudding...........

Prove to me or anyone else here that buying a this product will in any way oppress, murder, rape, steal and threaten the US. (and please start a new thread for it - because frankly, no one comes to this thread to view Random-Strikes Propagana. We come to read about a new 3 wheeler on the market.)

You have obviously taken a pretty good spill while not wearing a helmet. As I noted in another post of yours - if you don't have anything nice to say - don't say sqwat! Constructive critisicm is one thing, but your blantantly biased ignorant overtones are taking there toll on my well-being!

Take your cheap shots elsewhere - like the CSPC's website where they are deserved!

communist.

you're funding and prolonging a communist country by buying their products, whose people live under horrible conditions, forced labor, etc...

all the while china continues to develop weapons to challenge the united states

look past your desire for a cheap peice of *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* three wheeler

slothminx
02-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Your TV, Stereo, Hey that bad ass mustang of yours got a radio? I bet its made in asia. Your ignorant thinking this. Almost everything electrical comes from over there.

Im tired of your "opinions" you keep posting on here, seems like your just trying to stir up trouble. You will be gone if you keep it up.

atctim
02-24-2007, 05:14 PM
Yeah - I am funding a whole country!:rolleyes:

Hey Random - check out the PC and all the peripherals you are using to type these messages on the intrenet I'll bet 75% are made in China - and you arae using them to trash talk on this very topic!- you my friend have it all wrong upstairs! It is called

G L O B A L I Z A T I O N. Get used to it. It is here to stay and has made this world a better technologically advanced place to live. And as Sloth said - no one here wants to here your opinions and negativity towards everything!

Soooooooooooo - you have yet to prove you point.

random-strike
02-24-2007, 05:22 PM
MADE IN CHINA.

NOT MADE BY CHINA.

difficult to understand?

random-strike
02-24-2007, 05:25 PM
Hey that bad ass mustang of yours got a radio?

no it doesn't :cool:

atctim
02-24-2007, 05:27 PM
MADE IN CHINA.

NOT MADE BY CHINA.

difficult to understand?

Yes - care to explain?:wondering

http://lightsout.onestop.net/forehead.jpg

EDIT: No actually Don't bother - I am not here to argue and bicker - I am just done reading your posts - they add nothing to the 3 wheeling community - my final words for you are
A - Lighten Up and stop pushing your biased opinions as facts everyone should know

B - Be positive once in a while (if it ain't nice, don't say it)

C - Always wear a Helmet

Over and Out Random-Strike:)

SYKO
02-24-2007, 05:31 PM

word!!!! random go buy you a model T build a log cabin and hunt animals for the rest of your life if you dont want to deal with china any more, and while your at it dont shave, dont bathe, dont use deoderant, and the same for your girlfreind, lets see how you like having absoulutly NO PRODUCTS that are in any way affilated with china. MORRON pure stright and simple

put your helmet on.

bassman
02-24-2007, 05:37 PM
***LEAVE OUT THE NAME CALLING AND PERSONAL ATTACKS***
***EDITED***
90% of everything you own is from Asia.
Why aren't you mad at Kawasaki & Yamaha for "stealing" Honda's patented 3 wheel bike design?

No, You're right. Everytime I buy a pocket bike, a communists "oppresses, murders, rapes, and steals, an american citizen.
XD
***EDITED***

Howdy
02-24-2007, 05:44 PM
Im aware of this.

those are american companies making money by having people in china build stuff, this is a commie government owned company (they all are) who you are directly buying products from.

MADE IN CHINA.

NOT MADE BY CHINA.

difficult to understand?

You can't even get your info straight. About a hour ago you stated the first quote, then a couple minutes ago you stated the second.

If they are all commie goverment owned companys ( quoted from your reply ) then it don't matter if it's Made IN China or Made BY China. Get your facts straight before you make yourself look bad.
Howdy

TimSr
02-24-2007, 05:45 PM
MADE IN CHINA.

NOT MADE BY CHINA.

difficult to understand?

Again I ask: Most of these Chinese bikes and quads are made in Taiwain, not China. Do you know the difference?

chris200x
02-24-2007, 06:24 PM
I wonder if our freind random strike realizes how much of a *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited* he makes himself look like when he makes 99% of his posts on this forum? I for one am sick and tired of all the nonsense he posts on here and will be adding him to my ignore list shortly. I suggest everyone do the same.

atctim
02-24-2007, 06:32 PM
Hmmmmm - that ignore list works wonders I just found. It is a useful tool for editing out useless posts.

mad_max
02-24-2007, 07:09 PM
Got to put my 2 cents in here......I think I understand what 'strike is trying to say. I hate China also, they ARE oppressive, they ARE gross polluters, they suck!
Reality is, we also have a huge trade deficit with them and at the rate things are going we'll never see the day that this deficit is erased.

BTW, to TimSr... I know the difference. Oh, and Taiwan HATES China also.

Dave223
02-24-2007, 07:18 PM
Dang, forgot about the ignore list!

wanta250r
02-24-2007, 10:38 PM
I'll probably get blasted for this but...

Don't any of you think that maybe random strike is right? Because it is true when you buy chinese made products you are supporting the sweat shops, the organ harvesting and the communist government that has murdered millions of people. While they may not " oppress, murder, rape, steal, etc, and threaten the US." for the most part, they do "oppress, murder, rape, steal, etc, and threaten there own people." Take a look at these sites:

http://www.boycottmadeinchina.org/

http://www.willthomas.net/Convergence/Weekly/China.htm

I've taken a look around my house and atleast 75% of the products in my house are not made in the U.S., but most are not made in china either. Yes its obvious most things we have are not made in the U.S. But should it be that way?

SpeedBump
02-24-2007, 11:32 PM
Get your facts straight before you make yourself look bad.
Howdy

Oops, TOO LATE!!!!! :crazy:

Put on a helmet! :rolleyes:

:lol:

mark38090
02-24-2007, 11:44 PM
So what about all the Mexican sweat shops ? Do you think they're not supporting rape, murder, opression, and the like. Then the really great thing is once the mexican citizens get tired of it, the over worked, under payed modern day slaves cross our borders illegally and create burdens on our economy. How much do you think you pay in taxes each year that offers some type of support for an illegal person, that given fair pay from our American owned companies, would just stay home. I think you're just trying to stir up trouble, It was you asking more than once if the new trike from Xtreme was going to be offered with a bigger motor...

atctim
02-25-2007, 12:07 AM
Yes its obvious most things we have are not made in the U.S. But should it be that way?

If we only bought things from the USA - we would not be able to afford anything - IE TV's Computers, Cars, Home Appliances - US Workers demand big money. Do you really think that if TV's were 100% engineered, designed, and built in the USA you could go down to Walmart and buy one for $69? Plain and simple - NO! A 13" color TV made 100% in the USA would prolly cost about $3500.

You people are missing the large picture here. Do some reading on globalization.

You people agreeing with Random-Strike need to educate yourselves. Here is a good start. Read up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globalization

82300R
02-25-2007, 12:32 AM
http://www.highlifter.com/forum/Little-known_facts_about_the_ATV_industry%25/m_1808127/tm.htm some interesting info in here about mini atv's.

wanta250r
02-25-2007, 12:55 AM
If we only bought things from the USA - we would not be able to afford anything - IE TV's Computers, Cars, Home Appliances - US Workers demand big money. Do you really think that if TV's were 100% engineered, designed, and built in the USA you could go down to Walmart and buy one for $69? Plain and simple - NO! A 13" color TV made 100% in the USA would prolly cost about $3500.

You people are missing the large picture here. Do some reading on globalization.

You people agreeing with Random-Strike need to educate yourselves. Here is a good start. Read up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globalization

I never said we should buy EVERYTHING from the USA. 50 years ago most things we bought were made in america and we could afford to buy them then. Why do you think "Globalization" is such a good thing? Sounds like it just breeds more multi-culti crap and a one world government. I guess you just don't care about the oppressed people around the world as long as you get to "Globalize" yourself.

TimSr
02-25-2007, 09:19 AM
I guess you just don't care about the oppressed people around the world as long as you get to "Globalize" yourself.

Again I ask: Most of these Chinese bikes and quads are made in Taiwain, not China. Do you know the difference?

maggiesboy
02-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Eton, Kasea, Kymco, 2 stroke Polaris mini's of yesterday.....all are UTM's. United Tiawanese Manufactures...all are very good products. They are not using any of Honda's or Yamaha's old tooling.

Yamoto, Kazuma, ect are being built from tooling that the Majors sold to them. Yes, sold to them. These small companies are cutting thier teeth in the motorsports world. Yes, they have some quality control issues, we all know this, it is not a mystery. But you, Random Strike, are trying to tell us that when someone buys that product, we are hurting our fellow americans?

Hurting fellow Americans....... didn't Japan hurt us as a country when they bombed Pearl Harbor? They did kill thousands of American Servicemen in that act of war, right? What kind of trikes do you have sir? Japan built ones? You sir need to think about things a little bit more before you open your mouth with your ramblings.

Bolt on a Korean built helmet!

maggiesboy
02-25-2007, 09:42 AM
thats right, unless you wear an ARAI or SHOEI, your helmet is made in Korea. Sorry for the bad news :D

Unless you wear a Suomy, Shark, or AGV..... sorry for the bad info fellas! :D

firehart
02-25-2007, 10:46 AM
How many of you remember the first Honda and Subaru cars? If these new ATV companies spend their profits on engineering they will get better.

rassagmc
02-25-2007, 11:05 AM
wow this thread is boring....:drool: :drool: :drool:

random-strike
02-25-2007, 04:57 PM
made in china...

made BY china...

big difference.

even if these things are made in taiwan but by CHINESE companies. you're still supporting CHINA directly.

the differenece between "mexican" and commie "sweat shops" is that those people aren't FORCED into working there like they are in china.

"Made in China" doesn't mean made by China.

My microsoft mouse is manufactured in china. the chinese are benifiting from this, yes... but microsoft and the US is benifiting more with cheap labor and lower prices.

one day china will directly confront the united states, and you all will be partly responsable for proping them up.

the chi coms will not last, the US will prevail. we all know communism does not work, and never will. and eventually the current chinese government will collapse, but by helping them out now we're just prolonging that event, and risking conflict.

:TrikesOwn

wanta250r
02-25-2007, 05:01 PM

I was not talking about anything made in Taiwan. Yes, I do know the difference!!!

Billy Golightly
02-25-2007, 07:02 PM
made in china...

made BY china...

big difference.

even if these things are made in taiwan but by CHINESE companies. you're still supporting CHINA directly.

the differenece between "mexican" and commie "sweat shops" is that those people aren't FORCED into working there like they are in china.

"Made in China" doesn't mean made by China.

My microsoft mouse is manufactured in china. the chinese are benifiting from this, yes... but microsoft and the US is benifiting more with cheap labor and lower prices.

one day china will directly confront the united states, and you all will be partly responsable for proping them up.

the chi coms will not last, the US will prevail. we all know communism does not work, and never will. and eventually the current chinese government will collapse, but by helping them out now we're just prolonging that event, and risking conflict.

:TrikesOwn

This is a wonderful theory, I congratulate you on it.

When microsoft builds a hardware factory you dont think they have to pay the Chinese $$$$ to plan it, build it, operate it? Although the costs of doing so pale in comparison to doing it here in the states your ignoring the fact that it is not free to set up and work over there.

Thats even assuming that Microsoft or whatever company is building it themselves (highly unlikely) instead of contracting out to a factory that makes thousands of different parts and pieces. That totally shoots your theory to hell.

random-strike
02-25-2007, 07:19 PM

When microsoft builds a hardware factory you dont think they have to pay the Chinese $$$$ to plan it, build it, operate it? Although the costs of doing so pale in comparison to doing it here in the states your ignoring the fact that it is not free to set up and work over there.

Thats even assuming that Microsoft or whatever company is building it themselves (highly unlikely) instead of contracting out to a factory that makes thousands of different parts and pieces. That totally shoots your theory to hell.

conveniently ignore the fact i said the chinese still benifit from that. but you are not purchasing the product directly from a "chinese" company.

most things made in china are not developed by the chi coms

Billy Golightly
02-25-2007, 08:44 PM
So if microsoft contracts to Xin Hua blah blah plastic molding company for 40,000 keyboard carcasses, they are doing it for free?

Bigbore
02-25-2007, 09:23 PM

Billy,
Maybe you should ask Motorola and what happened to them.

Everyone else...
China is not good for the U.S. economy, PERIOD! The trade deficit alone would cost EVERY American over $50,000 each to help pay it off. Don't believe the numbers, get the current trade deficit with china, NOT the monthly numbers but the total, and divide that by 300 million Americans!

The deficit is caused buy buying crap and not selling something back to them. "Free Trade" isn't free. Go to Wal-Mart and buy your $69 TV... The "balance due" will come when the Chinese call in the dollars that they’re holding and when they do it'll kill the U.S. You think the U.S. economy was hurt when 19 camel jockeys ran some planes into the world trade center...

You guys need to get an education in economics before you start saying that trade with china is good.

danteross77
02-25-2007, 09:34 PM
For some reason I thought this was a thread about the china made atv's and dirt bikes. My neighbor has bought a 200cc atv and a 50 dirt bike for his boy from those cheap china copys. And I have had to go over there to help him with problems with both of them. In my opinion they are junk. They look nice and new, but I would rather have my Yamahas and Honda that are 20+ years old any day. As for China in general I am no expert, but I do know of a chinese philosphy I heard about in a book that they teach there children. The book was called "The art of War" Which in lamens terms teaches how to win a war with out even fighting. Which in my opinion they are doing very silently. We as americans should be aware and cautious and try to take steps to strengthen our own economy and global prowless. Honestly we became what we are today because of our feats in outer space exploration. I would like to see less concern overseas, and more of an investment with NASA and new technologys.

hublake
02-25-2007, 09:38 PM
How many know where the Ford Fusion car is made? If we bought only "Made in the USA" today we wouldn't have much to buy.

mark38090
02-25-2007, 10:29 PM
Random... Just judging by your post and signature I kinda of peg you for a race fan... Did you know that the only car in te Daytona 500 was the Toyota... DO you not think that foriegn, cheap labor also hurts the USA ?

hancadam
02-25-2007, 11:37 PM
As much as you guys disagree with random-strike, he is partly correct. We all need to keep a close eye on China. China is continually upgrading there military to confront us. This year alone they where caught stalking the USS Enterprise with one of there subs. Also they shot down a satellite (There own), which is a big step foward to weaponizing space. Also China and Russia have created SCO to offset the power of Nato. They are currently in talks to let Iran join them. SCO is not a friend of ours. The only thing keeping China and USA somewhat friends is that our economies cannot currently survive without each other. If you start reading about China it will not take you long to get worried.

random-strike
02-26-2007, 12:28 AM
Random... Just judging by your post and signature I kinda of peg you for a race fan... Did you know that the only car in te Daytona 500 was the Toyota... DO you not think that foriegn, cheap labor also hurts the USA ?

the only cars in the daytona 500 were toyotas?

everything in nascar is the same anyways.

3 weelin geezer
02-26-2007, 12:56 AM
China....won't buy products because they are/may be funding terrorist countries.....http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g257/3_weelin_geezer/smileys/popcorn1.gif

Hey, thats a good topic to get all youse guys' minds off of china and communism. How many of you all buy stuff that the money ends up in the hands of Pakfghaniraqnistan terrorists? Who won't buy steyr and glock just because they sent a bunch of steyrs to Iran? :D Yeah, lets see some hands. :pics: