PDA

View Full Version : Badlands, 10 May; Silver Lake Sand Dunes, 19-22 May

Joel85350X
04-24-2003, 11:22 AM
All, I am planning two trips, both with Jordan and maybe others, to the Badlands on the 10th of May, and the Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Michigan from the 19th to the 22nd of May.

Badlands will consist of a single day ride from 9-5. We will not be camping, biut a camp ground is located just outside the gates if you are interested.

Sand Dunes will consist of getting a camp site at the locat campgrounds by Silver Lake, and camping there from Monday night until probably Wednasday night or so. We figure that through the week we should be able to easily enter ther dunes without vouchers, and less busy for Jordan and his brothers first time riding there. If you would like to get a campsite with us or beside us, let me know ASAP.

Hope to meet someone at one of these events.

Jordan
04-28-2003, 12:14 AM
No one wants to ride with you... :D

als250
04-28-2003, 01:32 AM
Not that I don't want to ride with Joel.............................................. ....just don't think I can keep up!! :shock: :-P

Would really like to make it! Not sure yet though. Should know by end of week. I'll let you know Joel!

Al

p.s.
No one wants to ride with you... :D

If your friends talk about you like that, think what the people who don't like you must say. :? LMAO!!

Joel85350X
04-28-2003, 11:17 AM
I don't care what Jordan thinks. He should be busy trying to keep up with me, anyway.

Wish you could come Al, you're a fungi. :shock:

Hope to see some others there. Should be a great weekend.

Jordan
04-28-2003, 12:32 PM
You're gonna be even busier once I blow by you!!! :D

You also don't know exactly what I have in store for the 400ex this summer! HA!

-Jordan

Joel85350X
04-28-2003, 04:54 PM
Oooooh, I'm so scared and interested! :rolleyes:

Are you going to cut the frame and put a single up front? 400X. ;)

kimmer250r
04-28-2003, 05:34 PM
Joel,
Double check into silver lake...I heard from my bud that they require you to register your atv or vehicle with them this year. So if your trike is register or doesn't have a title, then you won't be able to ride. I'm not positive on this, but that's the rumor in mich this year.

Joel85350X
05-06-2003, 09:27 AM
A quick check-up with the Michigan DNR as well as Silver Lake State Park notified me that the conditions are the same as last year for ATV ertry into the riding area.

-ATV must have an ORV sticker that is current. These can be purchased there, or other hunting, fishing, or off road areas for $16.25. You do not need a title or anything to get this sticker.

-ATV riders must have a valid drivers liscence. I don't know how strict they are on this rule.

-ATV must have a functional spark arrester. They will be checking for these even on the weekdays.

-ATV must be below 98?dB at 5000?RPM. I don't remember the numbers for sure, but this was a rule last year. They do not usually check sound levels on the weekdays, but when it's busy they might.

-Parking is made with vouchers on the weekends. It's first-come-first-serve, so get there early. If you don't get there in time for a voucher, you have to wait in line until someone leaves the park.

-Flag must be tall enough to scrape a 10' bar.

That's about it. Entry into the park is only $4 a day, and ca,ping at the local campgrounds is only $20 a night per site. The grounds are nice. We stayed there twice last year and have two reservations for this year as well.

Still going to Badlands this weekend. If anyone has any questions, post a reply of PM me.

Joel85350X
05-16-2003, 02:47 PM
Well, we did not get to ride at The Badlands on the 10th after all. A little too wet, something like 6 inches of rain that week.

We are leaving for the sand dunes on Monday morning. With good travel weather we should be arriving in the afternoon and riding on Tuesday morning. Hopefully we will not encounter any heavy traffic due to the holiday until Friday. I am hoping we will not have to deal with the voucher system at all. We will see. If anyone else will be in the area, we will be on a yellow 400EX, a blue Raptor, and my white '85 350X. Should be the only 3 wheeler there, but hopefully not.