PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki Race Contengency Program

DixiePlowboy
02-25-2007, 10:35 PM
I bet someone's at Kawasaki's gonna be shaking their head tomorrow when they get my application/e-mail with the frame number of an '85 Tecate. I'm thinking it's probably been 20 years since the last one.

I know I won't be approved, but the reaction should be interesting.:D

ccdhowell
02-25-2007, 11:19 PM
Nice, that's gonna get passed around the office a couple times. What are they offering to applicants they approve?

oldsking86
02-26-2007, 01:14 AM
Haha oh very interesting. What exactly is this program though?

scooterroo
02-26-2007, 08:25 AM
lol, they will probably do a double take when they see the model bike. you can check the kawasaki website for more info on the program, its offered to people who want to race and are riding kawasaki bikes and quads. not quite being part of team green, but still something for kawasaki to give back to the people that race their kawi's. oh yeah side note....anyone see the article about jimmy white heading up the new team green kxf450r's. he wont be racing , just the head of the team. nice to see jimmy involved with team green again.

DixiePlowboy
02-26-2007, 09:54 AM
Kawasaki has been offering this program in one capacity or another since at least the mid 80's. Even though I WAS a Team Honda fan(till I found out Hart was a team cheat with the support of Honda and never earned the #1 plate) during that time, I thought Kawasaki had their heads on straight with this program.

I don't think it's too likely that I will be accepted since I'm not participating in a large sanctioning body event or organization, but I'd love to at least have their card even if there's no money on it.

Who's to say that one day we may or may not be able to compete in larger organized events. I've come to believe with the efforts/chatter of Billy and a few others, as well as some of the folks competing in MX(in Ohio I think) that the temperature towards 3-wheelers in competition may just warm up a little....then who knows?

It may be a 34 year old rider with a 24 year old dream and a 22 year old bike, but I guess I'm kinda stubborn and don't give up easily.

DixiePlowboy
02-26-2007, 10:25 AM
Here's a link to a J-Dubb interview. I know there's too much quad-talk, but it's still worth watching. I love the guy's(thorn in Honda's A-Double) attitude. Seems like a straight shooter.

http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/kawasaki2007kfx450ratvraceteam.html

His interview is at the bottom of the page.

scooterroo
02-26-2007, 01:27 PM
awesome little interview....catch the shot of him on the t3 and t4...vintage. jimmy is the man!!!!