PDA

View Full Version : Odyssey FL250 question

Rex Karz
02-27-2007, 03:18 AM
How do You remove the driven pulley and torque converter?
I haven't tried anything on the centrif part yet but I sure put a lot of pull on the driven pulley and not a budge. Next I'll try some heat, but I'd hate to hear that I'm doing it all wrong. Any experience with Oddeys?

petesatc
02-27-2007, 06:29 AM
Well never worked on a 250 oddy before but sure it the same as the pilot torque converter....
there is a tool (threaded bar) that you scew into the torque converter ....load it up and tap the tool with a hammer and it will fall off......no need for heat....
driven pulley ...just take the bolt out of the centre and it should slide off if not you could put some heat on that....

4cylinders
02-27-2007, 10:45 AM
hey, uses a puller like a snowmobile, long threaded bolt. spray some wd40 in the hole first.

Bryan Raffa
02-27-2007, 12:53 PM
they make a thred in puller for both of thoes,some times you get lucky and take the bolt out of the center of the secondary clutch and it falls right off, but if it been on there for a long time most likely you will need the thred in puller

84honda200s
02-27-2007, 01:35 PM
if you use a bolt back sure its a grade 8 bolt. but i would have to say you find the rite puller. i have pulled many clutches off sleds and even with the rite puller they can be a royal pain in the arss. it may still need heat and pb blaster.

nate b
02-27-2007, 06:41 PM
If you heat up the primary clutch, you could possibly destroy the bushings in it and worse- the crank seal on the motor!
buy a shop manual and the right tools or take it to a shop, otherwise you'll be parting it out on ebay after you destroy it.

Rex Karz
02-28-2007, 08:01 PM
The reason I'm not buying manuals or pullers is that I am parting out 2 of them. The bottom ends on both of them are frozen, full of rust. Thank you to all who have lent constructive comments. I might just cut them off !

nate b
02-28-2007, 08:24 PM
take a sawzall and cut the end of the crank off right behind the clutch, then nobody would ever be able to get it off!!!

maggiesboy
02-28-2007, 08:44 PM
take a sawzall and cut the end of the crank off right behind the clutch, then nobody would ever be able to get it off!!!

it would still come off with the correct puller