PDA

View Full Version : Bombardier

bigred110
04-24-2003, 06:23 PM
I always hear you guys talk about honda and yamaha quads and the main companys. I never have heard anybody talk about the bomdarier quads. So I'm wondering if they are any good or not. The outlander got the atv utillty of the year or something like that. I do know that they have rotax motors and priced sligthly higher then most quad manf. So are they any good, are they reliable? I'm just wondering thats all.

Bill X_R
04-24-2003, 07:31 PM
I hear there JUNK!!!!! :-P

lushatc200x
04-24-2003, 07:54 PM
if they r junk why is your avatar a bombardier ds650. ;)

ATCRYDER
04-24-2003, 09:24 PM
He's jokin guys.

Bombs are heavy, stupid looking, tanks. The Outlander and the 250 they have (cant even recall the name but its a greta machine) are the only ones worth getting i think. I havnt tried the outlander yet but hear its even better overall than the Yamaha Kodiak 400 (and that says ALOT). I testdrove their 250 and thought it just rocked!

Wickedfinger
04-24-2003, 11:14 PM
Ive riden the 650DS's before and they are just fast, big, beefy, heavy duty quads. Not the fastest out there, not the best handling but a good ov er-all package thats really more at home in the dunes than the woods. I got to ride the new Outlander 400 4x4 during the Blizzard here in Pa. this winter and Ive got to tell ya, other than the so so looks, the thing was super sweet, handled like a dream, and was shockingly fast for a big 4by - I was really impressed - a first rate mid class 4x4.

CHAINSAW
04-25-2003, 05:07 PM
Id like to try one of those 2 seaters. Looks like they thought about it before they built it, and it came out good. I just wonder how they feel.

Bill X_R
04-25-2003, 09:30 PM
Actually....They only weigh about 50lbs more than the raptor. With the wheel package I just bought I'll shed about 15 pounds. I'm looking to get a lightweight swing arm, that will get rid of another 10-12, new a-arm another 5-7....Then my power to wieght ratio is closer to a cannondale....I have no need for extented things to make it wider or shocks because it already has them on it. Sooooooo....draw your own conclusions.

for the record...I happen to like like the way they look!

Also I'd like to mention that the reliability is up there with honda's...heck the manufacture recomends 50hrs between oil changes!

REDMAN225
04-26-2003, 04:39 PM
The outlander 400 is supposed to be the new top dog in the sport/ute 400 class. i'd consider buying one but the look of the machine has'nt grown on me.