PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here ever been to Pismo Beach California?

soon2becomeaowner
04-24-2003, 08:38 PM
Just wondering how many people been there. Did your atc have any problems going up the dunes? What kind of atc did you use?

wanta250r
04-24-2003, 11:00 PM
I havent but hope to soon, where do you live in california )

bigred110
04-25-2003, 12:44 AM
I never been their yet. My friend has and he said it was pretty cool. He has 84 250r with paddles on it. My cousin says that comp hill is getting smaller and easier now. He said that he can make it up comphill and he has 4 banger nissan 4x4.

RUSS HATLEY
05-04-2003, 03:52 PM
YES I LIVE IN ARROYO GRANDE CALIF. PISMO IS NOT WHAT IT USE TO BE. I LIVED HERE ALL MY LIFE (44YRS.) I COULD RIDE FROM MY HOUSE & ENTER DUNES THROUGH BACK SIDE THERE WHERE NO FENCES THEN.
YOU COULD RIDE FROM DEVILS SLIDE (SOUTH) TO PISMO BEACH RAMP (NORTH) DUNES WHERE UN FENCED , NOW ALL THE BIG DUNES ARE OUT OF BOUNDS THANKS TO THE SIERRA CLUB.IF YOU GO BE CAREFUL OF THE BEACH PATROLS THEY ARENT VERY FRIENDLY (MUST BELONG TO SIERRA CLUB) AS FAR AS RIDING THE BEST TIME IS AFTER A RAIN. HELMETS & FLAGS ARE REQIRED & NO HIKING PASSENGERS. MY FRIENDS BIKE BROKE HE GOT A HIKE TO TRUCK I GOT A 125.00 TICKET.
IF YOU COME TO RIDE HERE CALL I GO ALSO THERES FOREST TO RIDE 20 MINS. AWAY(POZO AREA) THERES A SALOON WITH KILLER FOOD & LOTS OF ICE COLD BEER (AND NO BEACH PATROLS RUSS (805)474-0125[/b]

soon2becomeaowner
05-05-2003, 12:14 AM
wanta250r i'm from Los Angeles ,Ca

NOS_350X
05-05-2003, 01:54 AM
i love it at pismo if you go dont go on a long weekend there is too many drunk stupid people out there.
russ sometimes when i go overthere we cut the fince and go back to the good dunes to like devils slide and all i can say is thats a kick ass dune
comp hill has always been easy to get up my brother can take his jeep and park it sideways on it and he wont roll comp isnt anything
i have a 350x and could go anywhere i wanted WITHOUT paddles my brother has a 200x with paddles and he can take that thing anywhere out there 110's and ones like that can get around too but its bumpy and you may have to go around some hills

bigred110
05-05-2003, 03:08 AM
My cousin says that comp hill is getting distored by people not taking care of it. About any machine can make it up comp hill, you just got to watch out for holes that paddle tires make on it or you'll get struck. I want to go their before the sierra club or what ever closes it down for good. He's a really good link about the history of Pismo Beach, Oceano Dunes, and Guadalupe Dunes. Oceano Dunes is last Dunes (I think) that's right next to ocean.

http://www.bob2000.com/pismo.htm#1982pres

NOS_350X
05-06-2003, 12:18 AM
comp hill there isnt ment to be hard to get up its too see how fast you can get up it and if you get stuck going up it your sad i can idle all the way up in my 350 in 1st gear and no paddles