PDA

View Full Version : Its starting again!

Jim mac
03-01-2007, 11:59 PM
well I sold off my last atc back in november. then I see this 90 for a 100 bucks. I ended up buying it. installed a carb kit, really only needed 1 tire but went ahead and got 3 of the same. it seems to be running pretty good, hopefully take it out at least in the alleys this weekend.
I get a call from a guy whos friend is done with dirt bikes and trikes. His friend has a 86 250R, and he said it is a water cooled trike. for $600. I guess im going to look at it on sunday. Hes pretty sure its even titled, which make me feel better, Last thing I want is a great deal on a stolen trike, I personally hate theives. He says it needs cosmetics, but other than that it runs great. Wish me luck, I may be posting pictures sunday. Jim

ATC-Eric
03-02-2007, 02:04 PM
Right on Jim. Definently a disease! I got the itch for a new bike last weekend, saw the possibillity of a 350x near me, and was on my way out the door the next day to pick it up!

If that 250r runs good, and has a title you CANT pass that deal! Good luck!

Jim mac
03-06-2007, 12:01 AM
I am a proud owner of a 250R tonight. guy called me back about 4:45 wife relayed the message and I went right after work. Gotta love Tucson traffic, nearly 1 hour to get across town. Anyway it runs,shifts, drips fuel from the carb( stuck needle) Im happy with it. Best of all its even titled, so I'll have the wife transfer it in the morning, and its officially mine! or should I say, hers. I rode it in the alley to put it away, only other R I rode was a 84 I put together, I will say they are nothing like a 200X, a bit scarier. Looks like I'll need to find a helmet soon. Jim

84honda200s
03-06-2007, 12:15 AM
lol yea helmets are good. congrats on the pick up man. 600 is pretty good and it has a title. that makes it even better. pictures will be needed :D

Jim mac
03-06-2007, 12:22 AM
I had to move my chevelle to squeeze the thing in the garage and move the 90 behind it. I'll try to get some pics this weekend. its got a chrome kehien? exhaust, the guy had no idea whats been done to the motor before he got it. But says some stuff had been done to it. I have extra marine vynle in blue and black, Im going to redo the seat, sand down the plastic, try spraying carb cleaner in the carb inlet to see if the needle will unstick. Jim

ATC-Eric
03-06-2007, 01:47 AM
Did you end up getting it for $600?

Congrats Jim!

Jim mac
03-06-2007, 10:51 PM
Yeah, I didn't even haggle with the guy, I rode it down the street, turned around loaded in the el camino. checked the serial number on the title to the trike. Paid the man and left.
Wife got to the DMV this morning, transfered the title. and got a plate for it too. So I should be legal. Jim

Jim mac
03-18-2007, 09:33 PM
few pics of the 250R couldnt get a decent shot of the whole trike because a cars in the way. it there anything special from these pics? Aside from the rare hondaline fueldrillbit shut off. Jim

russell56443
03-19-2007, 02:13 AM
Cool find!!!
My air fooler scares the crap out of me at times lol,I started wearing a helmet too:wondering

Jim mac
03-25-2007, 02:02 AM
well I go to the local swap meet tonight. Of course we take the wifes car because we were out and about doing other things. So as we are walking around , this guys got 2 atcs in the back of a trailer, I notice a ATC 200 and a atc 200S. So you can imagine the rest of the story. The guys asking 100 for the 200. The wife tells me it smokes real bad, recoil is shot. I ask about the 200S and the guy wants 300 for it. my wife asks how about 250? he says yes! plastic is repaired, but it starts right off. and even comes with a title. Turns out its a 86. I have to have my wife go home and get the truck, in the mean time about 10 different people wants to buy the trike off of me. So one month ago. 0 trikes now up to 3! Jim

cole2676
03-26-2007, 01:23 PM
you should have got both. and sold one on here for parts and you could have made money for the 250r. nice find good luck.

Jim mac
03-26-2007, 11:07 PM
Well the vultures at the swap meet wouldn't hardly let me talk to the guy. I just handed him 50 bucks for a deposit while my wife went to the ATM, before we get the 200S unloaded some other guy buys the 200. The guy hardly spoke english, and was pretty rude, just trying to shove dollar bills for everything he can resell. Too bad he didn't stop and ask what was wrong with the 200, he may have passed on it.
I decided to keep the 200S and 90 and sell the 250R, figure Im out of room at the house. and the 4 stroke would be cool for a pit bike, when we go race the chevelle. Jim

cole2676
03-26-2007, 11:21 PM
love them chevelles... sold my 64ss w/383 stroker and I miss it lots. but I still like my big block Regal. now thats the toy you should buy and I can make you a great offer. CHEAP