PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki Bayou 220 stuck in gear

Yamada
03-03-2007, 09:26 AM
One of my friend asked me to check is bayou. when i ride it it get stuck in first gear ( can't upshift or downshift except if i stop the engine):lock: :lock: . He did the same thing on reverse. Also, when i hold the shifter up, it is suppose to disengage the clutch but it don't. So I know that the clutch don't work but what about the shifting problem? Also, the shifter dont return to the middle position. is the bolt no. 130 suppose to bolt tightened?
http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/assets/schematics/Kawasaki/KA-0605-01562.gif
Thanks

Lomax
03-06-2007, 05:42 PM
I just bought a 400 bayou with a similar problem. It was stuck in gear and wouldnt shift at all. Problem turned out to be the one way bearing in the clutch was busted the clutch shoes were toasted and the end of the shift shaft was broke off. Any of those items could be causing your problem
Will

yamaha_tri_z
03-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Are you sure there is a clutch on that bike. i had one of those and they didnt have a clutch. It might be a shifting fork too. The engine reving to high can do that too.

Yamada
03-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Are you sure there is a clutch on that bike. i had one of those and they didnt have a clutch. It might be a shifting fork too. The engine reving to high can do that too.

I opened the engine and find that the shift mechanism had been re-welded on the shaft. So the oarts 13145 on the pictures don't turn enough to shift. I will try to find a new shaft.