PDA

View Full Version : Funniest reactions to modern 3-wheel racing

DixiePlowboy
03-03-2007, 11:35 AM
For those of you that are currently racing or building 3-wheelers for the purpose of organized competition, you know what I'm talking about. The half-grin laden puzzled looks of disbelief that you get at the parts stores or dealerships.

Aside from the common occurance of having to give a history lesson to the counter person, what's the funniest reactions you've gotten?

Sometimes I feel like I should get a discount on the parts or service because I have to do so much explaining and tolerating.

SYKO
03-03-2007, 11:45 AM
well most everyone slowly walks over and just stand quitly looking at the trikes set up for racing, some say things most jsut stay quite with a look of disbelief on there faces, and we get reactions like wtf? you guys are NUTS, YOU GUYS GOT BALLS! YOUR F'N CRAZY, WHY?

the funneist was at our season opener race when the track promotor said at the drivers meeting(every racer present) that we had crazy big nuts for racing trikes, and pretty much everyone agreed!!

firehart
03-03-2007, 11:47 AM
I always hear the saying " Arn't those things illegal?"

DixiePlowboy
03-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Syko, those comments in themselves are worth the price of admission...lol! I can't wait.

fh,
Tell them "Yeah", and then develop a nervous twitch in you eye while asking them if they're going to tell anyone what you have.(Should produce another funny reaction/story):)

3leggeddog
03-03-2007, 01:19 PM
the funniest reaction i got was from a guy we call fast eddie.

i entered a begginer quad class on my quad the first indoor race this year.my trike was tore down,blah,blah blah,so i ran my quad anyway.before the race i was telling eddie how nervous i was becuase i don't have much time on the quad.he looked at me puzzled.he said"are you kidding me,you are gonna smoke these dudes.your faster on a trike,then most guys are on 4 wheelers.i can't imagine how fast you are on tha z400"

i just laughed,and never told him i am more confident in my trike,then my quad,and thats a big part of the mental aspect of the sport.eddie went on to tell the group of us,about 6 other riders,how the first faircross series i smoked him on my trike,and he was on his 250r quad.it felt good knowing i have atleast eddies respect!

oldsking86
03-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Oh yes the thoughts that people have of our bikes are simply beautiful.. The best is after you smoke their farely new bike and they go how?! I love taking them out to the ocala forest and have people just drive by and say those are great! I had one lady stop by and say " Wow, that bike is gorgeous" thanks to the chrome stretched swinger haha

I'm keeping these 3 wheelers until who knows when.. Long Live the trike!

85hondaatc125m
03-03-2007, 01:45 PM
The funniest reaction I have ever had was when my trike was in the back of my brothers truck, I was in the back jump seats, and the rear windows were tinted so the people in the car beside him couldn't see that I was in the back there, but I could see them pointing and raising there eyebrow's and leaning ahead to have a look at every area of the trike, it was pretty funny, almost like a hidden camera.

deathman53
03-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Where I track ride mine, I get some crazy looks and alot of dumb questions. the funniest thing I can think of: I was waling around, there was a guy talking to his friends(new yorkers), talking about how that guy on the trike, probably flips, gets hurt, goes slow as hell, doesn't jump, blah blah blah. I kept a mental note of his bike and freinds. I was riding on the track, I saw him, I gave it some extra, passed him, about 5 laps later, I passed him agian AND THIS TIME INFORNT OF HIS FRIENDS, and cleared the 50' and 60' tabletops infront of them too. I went to go up to him to tell him "huh, you thought that I was slow, dangerous, flip, didn't jumps, etc", but his friends beat me to it, they beat on him far worse than I could have ever done.

Another, same place: I was kinda racing with a guy on a trx250r, we both were about equal, I leaded, then him and so on. I pulled off, then he did, I went to tell him "good race", he yelled something at me, I don't remember exactly what, but it was something about how embarrased he was and how I made him look like an ass.

Another, different place: I was riding my 200x, I guy pulled up on a yfz, he started blabbing his mouth out me and my trike to the officals, he then said something to me about how "old" that is, and his quad will smoke it. The lady at the office warned him about how fast I was on the trike, he kept blabbing. There was about 10 people there, I saw him on the track, he looked be to going quite slow, I pulled on, passed him in 2 laps, and again in the 5th. He went off the track, put his bike back on the trailer and quickly changed his clothes and left. He must have been very embarrassed.