PDA

View Full Version : banshee info

xman23
03-05-2007, 04:45 PM
hey guys i found a 2000 banshee for sale, its in great condition and runs really good, the guy said it was his wifes ride since he bought it, do any of you guys have expieiance with them. im not going to be racing just playing around on gravel roads and fields and some trail riding. how reliable are they? and are there any problems i should look for on one of these, ive never rode a banshee myslef but kinda always liked them, thanx for any info

Kintore
03-05-2007, 06:31 PM
www.bansheehq.com for most info.

They are really solid bikes, sometimes can be a bugger to tune with dual carbs. Stock they are shy, throw a pipe, reeds, and no lid and a KN on there and they can be pretty mean. Theres TONS I mean TONS of aftermarket support, they are also king at top end speeds. But they are a 2 stroke, we all know what that means lol

Billy Golightly
03-05-2007, 06:59 PM
The banshee is the small block chevy of the ATV world. Everyone and their brother makes parts for them, the sky is the limit with whatever direction you want to go.

CHAINSAW
03-05-2007, 08:06 PM
I suggest just leaving it stock. They are just as reliable as any other machine out there stock. Mine is stock except for a coolhead and filter, and its enough machine for me to play in the dunes with, and Im a speed demon. Pipes would be cool, but I HATE jetting, and kinda like how quiet it is with stocker pipes.

350Xhilaration
03-05-2007, 08:11 PM
I like mine. I ride it mostly in the woods and it lumbers along just fine. (I know some will say BS, but with the Gnarly pipes, it's got great low-end)

Great machine with unlimited upgrade options. Mine is stock aside from pipes. Didn't take much to get the jetting right. With the Turbine Core II spark arrestors it's pretty quiet.

Here's mine...it's a 2000

http://www.350xriders.com/banshee/banshee1.jpg
http://www.350xriders.com/banshee/banshee2.jpg
http://www.350xriders.com/banshee/banshee3.jpg

xman23
03-05-2007, 08:13 PM
do u gusy consider them to be just as reliable as the average 2 stroke out there, what are some problems that happenw ith them, also i assume they suck gas preety bad dont they, yea if i get it im going to keep it stock except i want to put a set of pipes on it

350Xhilaration
03-05-2007, 08:16 PM
I've only had mine for 2 years and haven't ridden it a ton. Nothing has broken yet. Maybe some other guys can chime in on maintenance/failures/etc.

CHAINSAW
03-05-2007, 09:06 PM
Ive never had any problems with my shee.. but it was well taken care of by the previous owners. Thats the only thing I look for in any machine... if it was taken care of by the previous owners. If so, you should have no problems with them.

Mosh
03-06-2007, 08:27 AM
The only things for reliability I would suggest are #1) Seal up the airbox behind the carbs.There are 6 screws that will unbolt from the airbox.Remove them and ditch the factory seal and use RTV silicone sealer and make a new seal and screw it back together.Next also install a Pro-Design aluminum adapter plate and K&N filter.The airboxes on the Banshee were very bad for sucking in sand and water and dirt.This is very important mod to do. Unless you want to suck dirt in your engine.The next thing I would suggest,Is Remove the stator cover and seal it up with RTV as well and also remove the stator wire harness were it passes thru the engine and apply silicone around the grommet and reinstall it.They were also bad for water and dirt intrusion and one of the number 1 cuases of crank seal failure on the left side of the bike.While you are at it ,You might want to go down to a 12 or 13 tooth sprocket for improved bottom end trail riding.Other than that they are solid machines.One last thing I would suggest is to ditch the factory carb tops and throttle cable and buy a TORS eliminator kit.This makes the throttle about 50 percent easier to use,And wont wear out your thumb so bad while riding.All these parts will only cost you a 100 bucks and VITO'S RACING sells these parts for about the best prices.You can find his add in DIRT WHEELS.Have fun with it.