PDA

View Full Version : Do not use Expedia to book anything!!!

ChrisD
03-05-2007, 11:55 PM
Hello All

Just a warning!!!! Do not use Expedia.com to book anything. I used them to book flights for my family to go to Florida this Wednesday. They changed the flights at the last minute to a flight that we can not possibly catch. Our filght was changed to a layover flight from a direct flight. They connecting flight leaves at 12:55 and our first flight does not land until 1:29. I called to say what the hell is going on......

I was connected to the Phillipines to someone who could not even speak english. She began to blame me for booking the flight wrong. I asked to speak to a supervisor, but she wouldn't let me......I explained that I have boarding tickets that show that I booked the flight correctly.....this took 1 hour of my day....we eventually were disconnected due to all of the ..."can I put you on hold...." excuses. I think that is standard...you are wrong material....she couldn't even pronounce it....WOW!!! She then said that she was cancelling my whole reservation.......I was like "WHAT!!?!?!? fu#@$n moron!!!! just fix it"

I called back and was on hold for 1/2 hour to speak with another person......explained it again......spoke with a supervisor who put me on hold and disconnected me.......called back....on hold another 40 minuted before I spoke with someone else.....they assured me that they could fix the problem, but their system was down.......they are calling me back tomorrow with a solution.

You may have had the best experience with them ever and can contest everything I have said here, but if you want to be safe from the worst experience ever!!!!....do not use their service.....you are warned....this took 2 1/2 hours and still is not fixed!!!

ATC-Eric
03-06-2007, 01:50 AM
Im sorry to hear that Chris. I have a very bad temper, and an even shorter fuse. I would have blown my lid trying to work through that crap.

Good luck fixing it, have fun in Florida! (if you make it)

chris200x
03-06-2007, 05:18 AM
Boy, I could use some of that warm florida sun right about now.

ScottZJ
03-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Did you use a Credit Card for this? I would call your CC company and dispute these charges. I would also just try another place to book your tickets so your vacation isnt ruined. Good luck man.

firehart
03-06-2007, 10:43 AM
I have not tried any of those discount places. We always go through the same travel agency and the same agent. We have gone through her for the last 6 or 7 years. She has never let us down.

x.system
03-06-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm not sure who I used last time I went down for bike week but I know it wasn't Expedia. We got our room, regularly priced at 300 a night for 79 a night for 11 days. We showed up at our hotel and the clerk asked how we got the room so cheap, I thought we were going to get hit with more charges right then but she said it was all paid for so we were good to go.

dreadhed
03-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Boy, I could use some of that warm florida sun right about now.
Ya it's great. All though a tiny patch of frost this morning.:D

Hope you get you trip taken care of. Where are you going in FL. Lots of fun stuff to do.