PDA

View Full Version : ATC 600X ... '87 XR 600 Conversion Project

sandpuppi101
03-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Well I've been researching this for quite a long time and I finally got a chance to finally do this project. It started out as an '87 XR 600,the guy who had it lost interest in it ,so when I found out about the bike I had to get it.The motor was already out when I bought it,he had the tranny rebuilt and a new Barnett clutch and basket put in he said,the crank and rod are also brand spankin new also,the bummer... NO Head !! But I have everything else.
So far I stripped it down,and put on the frt end off an '86 350X and got the swinger on the rear ,it was'nt too bad of a mod so far.I am sending out the rolling chasis this weekend to get the rake brought back 3 inch's. I would tackle that but.. this being a 600 motor the downtube and the upper part of the neck are the oil resivoir,thus I figure I will let a pro welder tackle that,and I am planning a 4 inch extended swinger.I have modded a '85 200X swinger and with the help of a couple bushing's ,it look's like the sproket will line up pretty nice.
As far as incorperating the motor into a 350X frame,that ain't gonna happen and be safe. I am worried about the torque this motor is gonna have so I am gonna go with the existing frame and take part of the sub frame off a '86 350X frame,so when all is done the stock 350X tank and fenders should work.As you can see by the motors side by side ,350X on left /600XR on the right - the only thing these have in common is the Honda name if you ask me. I am planning for a drag only machine but maybe this could be a Wild Trail machine,I guess I'll see how all this goes 1st.. I'll keep posting pic's .

Bryan Raffa
03-06-2007, 08:51 PM
try changin it to a trailing front axle insted of a leading like you got it now.. that will get it closer to what you want.

sandpuppi101
03-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Yeah I agree on changing the trailing ,but it's still gonna put me a few inch's off. I was actually thinking of the R set up for the frt.

SpeedBump
03-06-2007, 09:04 PM
I luv Conversions!!! Keep at it, and we'll line up all the wild rides at TF for a group fOtO!

I agree with the others....I would just go with a 250R front end.

Derrick Adams
03-06-2007, 09:26 PM
83-84 250R front forks in the 350X triples will get you the rake you want and no cutting on the frame. The 350X triples have no rake built in to them, where-as the 250R triples do.

If memory serves me corectly 83-84 R forks will fit right in the 350X triples.

Looks like a fun project!

maggiesboy
03-06-2007, 09:32 PM
83-84 250R front forks in the 350X triples will get you the rake you want and no cutting on the frame. The 350X triples have no rake built in to them, where-as the 250R triples do.

If memory serves me corectly 83-84 R forks will fit right in the 350X triples.

Looks like a fun project!

TRI-Z forks will also fit.

sandpuppi101
03-06-2007, 09:50 PM
The Tri-forks are literally the same size as the 350X are'nt they? Yeah I hope it's gonna be a fun project,I hope..

200x newby
03-06-2007, 10:01 PM
yeah i wouldnt mess with cutting and welding the rake looks fine and if you want to drag it like you say then you want a little more rake to spread things out

4cylinders
03-06-2007, 10:49 PM
hey, I'd leave the front end as is until you've ridden it. you may need that extra weight out front. looks good so far.

jeddy
03-07-2007, 02:06 PM
If you want a cut down frame I would sell you my first one. I lowered the seat mounting part a couple inches, and cleaned up the rear down tubes. I also made a new upper shock mount to clear the lowered seat. I went back to the original XR600 frame so I could use the XR shock and linkage (the other used a YZ250 shock with no linkage). I can send you some pictures if you want.

I also thought about going to the rear mount on the front end since I'm using 350X forks, but I figure the length will help me since I plan to mostly just drag race it in the sand.

If someone tells me how to post pics I can put some up. Mines a '93 XR600 with parts of an '86 350X...

L8,
-Jed

4cylinders
03-07-2007, 02:12 PM
hey, post the pics so we can all check them out. go to manage attachments to add pics.

jeddy
03-07-2007, 03:29 PM
See if these show up...Obviously the engine is out of it now. I replaced some gears and put a new crank/piston/cam in it. Should be up and running again by this weekend. I will take some pictures of other frame. Let me know if you can't see these. Thanks,
-Jed

200x newby
03-07-2007, 04:06 PM
i like the stance of it

sandpuppi101
03-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Kinda hard to see with that angle on the frt rake Jeddy.. Is it about the same as mine,and what swinger did you go with.I was thinking of extending 4 " ,but your's looks further.How fast does that thing go anyways. What gearing are you running.

mymint87
03-07-2007, 09:55 PM
here's "My Mutt"......

1980 xr500 frame conversion

it has 250R, 200x, 350x, and 110 parts with a twist....LOL....AND HAULS ARSE:postwhore

sandpuppi101
03-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Looks tight Mint,I wish this tranformation goes as good .On a positive note I modded the tank on tonite and it's gonna look killer.Checked it tonite via a tri-Z frt end and things look good.

350xBomb
03-09-2007, 09:45 AM
here's "My Mutt"......

it has 250R, 200x, 350x, and 110 parts with a twist....LOL....AND HAULS ARSE:postwhore

wow...nice conversion...usually the bike to trike conversions dont seem to sit right but that just looks like a streched out 350x. even sits about right....:TrikesOwn :TrikesOwn :TrikesOwn

BigGreenMachine
03-09-2007, 10:08 AM
MyMint's Mutt is is a Nicholson framed 500 isn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong man. Like it all the same, looks tuff!

mymint87
03-09-2007, 05:20 PM
well, thats the reason I posted it, seems sandpuppi101 was about to mess with the rake and I wanted to show him it's not necessary....

so before I get :banned: :banned: for highjacking or for being a :postwhore let me say I can't wait til sandpuppi101 gets the project done and gives us all a ride report...XR600? conversion??...mines a 500 and hooks up, can't imagine what sandpuppi101's 600 will do.....we are talking THUMPER !!!!!

BTW this isn't a pic of "The Nick"....which is a chromed Nicholson framed +600cc and TURBO'D:welcome:

sandpuppi101,

I'm not a fabricator by any means, but I have alot of pics of "The Mutts" frame if you'd like some for ideas or reference...don't know if you need it or if it will help, but I'll offer it anyways and congrats on the project, after riding it you'll never go back to a 350X...it's like having a 200x, then riding a 350x and expecting to go back to the 200x...hard to do my friend:beer

sandpuppi101
03-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Yeah going Back,LOL !! I see exactly what your saying about the rake," Mint. I really don't wanna go hacking on the frame just for that rake,and I appreciate you send me that pic of you machine. I will let you know if I need pic's of anything. It goes out Sunday now,and I'll have to see how it work's out with some other tree's.. Thanks for the confidence boost,I can't wait..

OZQUAD44
03-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Just lower your rear subframe down so the seat sits flat and not kicked up at the end. (trying to clear that rear tyre that isnt there any more). Apparently with the seat foam off the seat pan you can heat it with a heat gun to mold it to the new angle. Hopefully It will look like a factory job. Good luck

Post up some more pictures when you can.

Cheers

sandpuppi101
03-18-2007, 04:32 PM
Well the swinger is in it's final stages of being done.Ended up bringing it back 5 inches which gave me almost 22 on the total length.The next issue is the bottom wishbone mount,which is gonna be relatively easy .On the swinger we went with cutting off the whole tube and starting over,and just putting in new tube instead of cutting and splicing pieces.Another thing that I am gonna do is box the rear swinger,to prevent any twisting,and a few more odd's and end's on it.The extenstion did change the rake to what I would say is acceptable,The pic's is before I came up with the actual bottom cradle height.The pic show's it at 8 3/4 off the floor ,but when all is said and done the bottom of the cradle will be at 11 and some change.I am taking into effect the load of the motor on the machine,It will be pretty close ( with-in an inch),to the stock 350x height. The stock 600 subframe is off and the 350X subframe is gonna be a little tricky to get on but not to bad,all the 350X stock plastic is gonna fit easily.The tank will be the begining of that tabockle,I am gonna start from the front ,lining up the tank as close to the dip stick as possible and blend the whole frame together from there,The motor should be in it here in a week or so ,so I can dry fit everything and get my placement for the pegs and brake assembly and linkage.Still got a long way to go but it will be done for TF'07 ,unless something drastic should happen.

hoser
03-18-2007, 04:48 PM
here's "My Mutt"......

Looks like its going to need a chain pretty soon...

Good to see someone that recycles :naughty:

ratvespa
03-18-2007, 05:07 PM
thats going to be a BEAST. I have a 86 600R and it's such a hooligan bike. the power is great. only thing that sucks is kicking it over.

good idea with the frame swap, I always like the oil in frame idea, less crap to bolt on.

note on the engine, make sure the threads for the head are in good shape, I went through hell getting mine right, one got messed up and it kept blowing the head gasket, eventually I had all the threads replaced with steel inerts.

my only question is, is the kicker going to clear?

Aussieduner
03-18-2007, 06:50 PM
Looking good Roger ,almost beer'o'clock at Haspin mate..is Joe coming to stop the stress levels this year ?

Aussie

sandpuppi101
03-18-2007, 09:44 PM
The kicker is gonna be really close with the fenders ,But if I have to cut a bit off the bottom to clear then I will have to cut 'em I guess.I know it will fit in the frame ,no problem.And Yeah Aussie,Joe is gonna be at TF too,he need's to get on his 350X if he's gonna take that..I hope this 600 beat's his Banshee into the ground,LOL... That will be worth building it rite there!

Aussieduner
03-19-2007, 04:24 AM
Man i cant wait we had a blast last time , will be wearing my Muddogs hoodie to keep me warm while we are drinking all night !

Jason Hall
03-19-2007, 05:28 AM
Sandpuppi101, It's lookin good so far. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see It done.

sandpuppi101
03-19-2007, 07:07 PM
Thanks Jason,between me getting info from you ,Billy and Dereck I think it's gonna actually work out to be a nice conversion.Yeah Aussie I'm deffinatly looking forward to TF again this year. I am really excited to see everyone's custom/conversions..

sandpuppi101
03-22-2007, 08:52 PM
Well the frame is going really good,actually go sent out for sandblasting Tuesday,but the good news is I found a head for her.I have been looking all over the country for one in good shape and low and behold the other nite while crusing E-Bay I find one local.So I Bid to win and went and picked it up yesterday,Bolt on", gotta love it. I just threw the head on to make sure all was good,I think all I need now is the gasket kit and I'm ready for assembly.You guy's think I should do the polished motor like my '86 350X on her???Could use some carb's for her if anybody's got any laying around ,but I should have her done in 4-5 weeks ,Hopefully...

sandpuppi101
04-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Yeah,what was I saying a week or so ago on this build being so easy,LOL. Ran into a somewhat snag the other day,before it got sent to get blasted I looked at the subframe from the 350X frame and I just did'nt like it.The xr cradle was about 3 inches outside Diameter narrower than the 350X subframe,to get that to even be close would have required doing bends that I just did'nt agree with ,plus the fenders would be pitched up in the rear.We opted to build our own subframe using even thicker tubing and squared off the down tube and it fell into place.We incorperated the 350X seat grommet assy off the subframe but all fell together pretty nice.Look at the drop in the subframe,before the fenders were mounted on It just did,nt look like it was gonna work ,but the way it sit's now it all blends together pretty nice.The frame got back the other day,have a bit of welding to do and I will be getting the chasis back by this weekend hopefully,so i can get the motor dry fitted in there and get to mounting the footpegs and the dual exhaust.I ain't really excited yet ,but i'd imagine when the motor gets in there ,I'll be jumping all around with entheusiam..So anyways the 350X tank and fenders is a almost perfect fit and should look real close to a 350X when it's all done..More pic's will be on the way next week..:w00t:

sandpuppi101
04-01-2007, 09:56 PM
My bad forgot to load in some pic's for ya's.I got the tank as forward as I cold get it ,I have just enough clerance to get to the dipstick which is located on the down tube,behind the tree.Started there squared it from there and worked backwards for an almost perfect fit.When all is said and done I will probably have gussets in every corner,I don't want it cracking and twisting like the 350X frame's doo.;)

firefirefire90
04-01-2007, 09:59 PM
It looks really good! How hard was it to make the swinger? I am almost sort of surprised that you didn't make a removeable subframe. That would have been cool. So how long is that swinger? This will mostly be a drag trike I'm guessin?

sandpuppi101
04-01-2007, 10:10 PM
The swinger was'nt that complicated ,it come'sin at 21" and some change,It's not done yet I am gonna box it out for more support yet.As faras building a removeable subframe,I ain't much on that .at this point I am worried about the torque ths motor is goon put out on the rear wheels.Basically this could be used in a couple different applications I would hope,If I would have stretched it out more it would only be good for straight aways But who know's how it's goona act,maybe MX,LOL.

gizmo_22
04-08-2007, 10:29 PM
any more progress yet?

sandpuppi101
04-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Slow rollin Gizmo,The frame is getting the tack welds finished and ground down and I have parts on order for the motor,I was hoping to have the motor sitting in the frame by now,but not yet..I will have some pic's this weekend of some sort of progress hopefully .

gizmo_22
04-15-2007, 12:41 AM
hope everything goes well with it...... im almost ready to start putting stuff back on my 185 so i know the feeling

sandpuppi101
05-30-2007, 12:12 PM
Well the 600 is finally taking shape,just finishing up on the chasis today ,the motor is dry fitted and it should be coming back apart later today for paint and powdercoat.I will be posting up some pic's as I get to them.I do have to say this was deffinatly the most complicated machine I have ever worked on and I hope when all is said and done, it's worth it..Pic's to come soon!

hoser
05-30-2007, 12:30 PM
Paint and powdercoat before testing?

sandpuppi101
05-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Yeah,I know Hoser,I would rather get it 100% up and running but with TF only being a few week's away I really don't have a choice..I have confidence that she'll be ready ..

3Wheelers4Life
05-30-2007, 03:27 PM
looks and sounds good so far, keep at it.:pics: :pics: :pics:

jeddy
05-31-2007, 06:35 PM
Keep us updated on your trike. Always cool to see some different stuff. My 600X is finally together (there's some pics of it earlier in this thread). I ended up taking 6 inches out of the swingarm cause I couldn't ride trails with it. I had it on a dyno, and even running like total crap it put out 40hp (which is a lot lower than I had hoped, but still pretty good). It would hand with my brother's new TRX450R up competition hill at Dumont even running crappy. I'm taking it out to the dunes this weekend and it's running a lot better now, so I hope to spank his TRX. I'll try and get some pics up of the shorter rear end. Thanks,
-J

sandpuppi101
05-31-2007, 10:01 PM
Jeddy what you runing for gearing? If all goes good I think 10 days I'll be done..

jeddy
06-04-2007, 02:22 AM
I'm running a 14 tooth sprocket up front and a 48 on the rear. It seems to be about right, if anything I'd maybe go to a 50 rear or a 13 front. I had the stock 350X 40 tooth on the rear originally, and it was a pain to ride. I rarely got it past second gear and taking off in first fell like second gear on anything else (even with all the torque). To get the sprocket to work I cut out a ring of 1/4 steel on a CNC plasma that fit inside the stock XR600 sprocket (tightly also, I pushed it together with a press) and had the same ID as the 350X sprocket. Then it was stitch TIG welded together and finally I indexed it on the mill and drilled and countersunk the bolt holes. I was going to make a bolt on adapter, but it was going to require about a 7" blank and would've been a pain to machine, even with the CNC. I was also on a time crunch (I was headed to the dyno the next day). The only problem(s) with the way I did it were that the welds can potentially break, the sprocket was slightly tacoed from the welding head (though not bad), and to change the sprocket I have to remove the entire axle. I can try and get some pics of it. Good luck,
-Jed

jeddy
06-05-2007, 12:40 AM
Here are some pics, I had some better ones but couldn't get them off the camera for some reason.
-Jed

cr480r
06-05-2007, 04:09 AM
The only problem(s) with the way I did it were that the welds can potentially break, the sprocket was slightly tacoed from the welding head (though not bad), and to change the sprocket I have to remove the entire axle.
-Jed

You can always change it later... The bike looks good... I really dig the heated seat... :p

sandpuppi101
06-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Thanx for the pic's Jeddy,I can see that we went in a whole different direction on the bike design..I like your design also,and it's proven.The biggest rear sprocket I could find was a 40tooth rear,checking on a cross reference ,but that is a long shot..I like the design of how you did the rearsprocket,my issue is time..I don't have enough of it,I will try some other angles of gearing ,but I think I will be having it modded after TF..I only have 14 days to finish it,gonna be close.Does that motor get hot on ya ,and is that an xl 100mm or a xr 97 mm Bore .It looks xr.

sandpuppi101
06-09-2007, 12:08 AM
Well a breakthrew ,The Frickin motor is done !!! Cutting it close but I know it will be good to go,Like Derrick ,I think I will keep everyone is suspense until TF on the finished product but it's gonna be sweeeeeet if all goes well.. Frame is 100% and motor goes in tomorrow,Wish me luck !!

84honda200s
06-09-2007, 12:49 AM
good luck man. that might give dales e.t. a run . post some pics after tf i cant make it to tf sadly.

Kilborg
06-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Cool build. I recently picked up a Xr600r and have been putting alot of miles on it...Great bike which I am growing more and more fond of daily. Would make for a GREAT trike motor.

Sadly they feel quite tame compared to the new high zoot 450 classes, but theres nothing like a big Xr600 to torque around on the trails with.

BigGreenMachine
06-14-2007, 10:22 PM
Can you say wheelie machine. There are endless upgrades for the XR motor as well and tons of ebay support.

sandpuppi101
06-14-2007, 10:31 PM
Well I have too give a report,I am running a 13/41 gearing and it's fun but I think the 450's are gonna have ther hand's full .. and the machine looks sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeddy
06-22-2007, 12:33 AM
Yeah, I have a CRF450 and it just pulls a lot harder than my 600. But it's a bike also, so that makes a big difference. The 600X is fun to just lay on the throttle and look behind you as a wall of sand erupts from the dunes. It's also nice to be able to ride wheelies anywhere you want; up dunes, across dunes, down dunes, it doesn't matter. But I'd like to sell mine and build a 500r trike just to get the snap of the two stroke, which is why I listed it for sale.

To answer your questions sandpuppi, it's an XR engine. I think it's bored to a 98.0, I know I didn't get quite a big enough piston to clean out all the scratches (I was quite pissed but couldn't return it and wasn't going to spend the money on another one), so it smokes a little. The motor does get warm, but it doesn't seem to mind. My right leg gets warm from the pipe, but I imagine if I wrapped the header it would help. If you sit too far back on the seat you get some good heat off the silencer also. I would like to put an oil cooler on it. They have some kits for an XR400 that are supposed to work, but they look pretty small. I was thinking more along the lines of a 400ex cooler under the headlights. Also, what you said about time and your sprocket, mine was the same way. I was actually going to machine out an adapter that would bolt together, but I didn't have enough time (it would've required a 7" OD blank, which even on a CNC takes a while to turn down, plus it would've required a lot of live tooling on the lathe).

Let me know how it goes,
-Jed

BigGreenMachine
06-25-2007, 07:13 PM
Time to unveil this beast, some pics man!!

sandpuppi101
06-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Well as promised I got her altogether just in the nick of time before trikefest and I want to once again thank Billy and Jason Hall for giving me pointers along the way.I went for a more conventional look on the machine,the frt rake was 3degrees off when all was said and done,really the only pic's I have so far are from TF,but I see them scattered on the pic's from down there.The machine had a 2 1/2 inch stretch on the rear ,so with the rake and the stretch,it actually was a comfortable ride .The power was unbelievable and I still wanna work on the gearing,not much but just a little.I will post up some more detailed pic's of the build ,but kinda look's like a 350X on roid's if ya ask me..And yeah,it's pretty fast.

viper
06-25-2007, 08:51 PM
ya that is a strong running bike

3Wheelers4Life
06-25-2007, 09:06 PM
cool, i like the color combo, white fenders with a blue seat with the 87 tank stickers, looks good. get better pics please.

Bigbore
06-26-2007, 09:35 AM
Change out that muffler and you'll see that bike pull a lot harder!

sandpuppi101
06-26-2007, 10:01 AM
Pull alot harder BigBore ?? Nah,that machine pulls real hard .I did take out the rear baffle down at TF for the drag's and I was'nt dissapointed one bit.Literaly in 4th gear wide open the wheel was floating off the ground,that thing is a monster.And the way the machine was balanced out ,I would'nt have done anything different.When the 2nd carb kicked in it was an insane ride.When it ran against big bore 2 strokers,all I could do was smile,it did'nt alway's win ,but it was right there everytime.Maybe someone has video of this machine in action.Take a look at the pic against a tiger 500 in the drags,you can see it pull's pretty hard.

sandpuppi101
11-25-2007, 10:48 PM
I recieved the last of the item's this past week and finished off the 600X ,and the final touch was my new custom '85 style 600X seat from the Mosh's.When I put the seat on and took a step back at the machine to check it out ,it hit me as to how many piece's we're on this machine that came from people in the 3 wheeled community alone,over 15,people I have got to know better along the way and people who love what they individually do.Hat's off to you and ,Thank's for that.
I finished off the build with a little more headwork on the exhaust port and put on some OEM 350X boot's on the fork's and finally the seat.Would you guy's have done it differentally?Would I have done it differentaly",yeah probably,but I can honestly say that I am satisfied with the machine as is,and it's done and time to move on.Just gotta build a better one for next year !!:w00t:Can't wait to icerace!!

Bryan Raffa
11-25-2007, 10:52 PM
Nothing say's THUMPER,,more than that!! Great Build !!!

Kintore
11-25-2007, 11:00 PM
Just badass, plain badass

oldsking86
11-25-2007, 11:04 PM
likin it homie! man I miss our old 600x :(

dreadhed
11-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Just badass, plain badass
I couldn't say it any better.

factoryX
11-25-2007, 11:16 PM
some one should build and sell these...

Erics350x
11-26-2007, 12:37 AM
how does it run compared to stock?

300rman
11-26-2007, 01:21 AM
ill bet that thing flat out RIPS.

Russell 350X
11-26-2007, 01:27 AM
Nice job on that Roger, hats off to you. Can't wait to see it run again at TF!

sandpuppi101
11-26-2007, 07:17 PM
Q:how does it run compared to stock?
A:The stock ATC 600X was nothing compared to this.

Q:likin it homie! man I miss our old 600x
A: Yep, nothin like and old 600X !

gaukel350x
11-26-2007, 07:22 PM
holy kanolie man give me a copy of your blue prints i just creamed my pants. i just got a big paycheck so im gonna experiment. im also lucky cause my uncle has a old xr 600 and if that is the engine you used then im 1 step ahead of the game

sandpuppi101
11-30-2007, 08:22 PM
There was'nt much of a Blue print on this machine ,it was alot of idea's and trial and error mostly.As far as having a 600 as a powerplant,I pesonaly don't think you'd at all be disapointed..I'll help when ever I can if your gonna build one.

gaukel350x
11-30-2007, 08:44 PM
Ya I'm probably gonna start it after trikefest cause since I live in sandiego I need the money to make it there and back, but I'm gonna put it down on paper first and plan it out right now

tri dee
12-01-2007, 01:14 PM
stunning & well thought out, your bike is the inspiration behind my 600 Zee build

New2ATC
12-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Looks great man, looks like it rips..great job.

84honda200s
12-01-2007, 01:56 PM
that is the biggest badass i have ever seen. nice job homie.

Bryan Raffa
12-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Hey I got the perfict project for you.. You take that tecate and this and put them together!!!!!:naughty:

sandpuppi101
12-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Yeah Raffa I'm in,I already mearured one up on the '85 and that motor's 6 " tite ,but i'd be up to a similar if not the same project.

Bryan Raffa
12-01-2007, 08:45 PM
http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n73/ericbs200/?action=view&current=movie_for_Muddogs.flv

show them what ya got DOG! :lol:

Tryzeedudeman
12-01-2007, 09:12 PM
that kick ass man, so how does this bike compare to the stock z and r?

NINJA
12-01-2007, 09:24 PM
That's what I'm talkin' about!

sandpuppi101
12-02-2007, 08:42 AM
Q : that kick ass man, so how does this bike compare to the stock z and r?

A : Well to compare the 600 to a R or Z is kinda like comparing apple's to orange's,in a way.The 600 being a 4 stroke has the low end to ,put - put around easily, like an old johny popper ,the mid range of a spunky 350X ,and the top end that compares to the 2 stroke's.It's deffinatly fast but the torque is what sell's this machine IMO.It's kinda like having all these motor's in a packaged deal ..

bigpimpin
11-22-2008, 11:00 PM
way cool build!

rezotop
05-27-2009, 12:50 PM
very nice project

DIRTRYDER
06-17-2009, 09:19 AM
[QUOTE=sandpuppi101;469999] '87 XR 600]

Sounds pretty sick man. This thing should scream,can't wait to see the final product.Good luck with it!!:beer

bcredneck
12-28-2010, 05:41 PM
me and my buddy joey are actually using one of thouse klx 250s to make a trike

350XJEDI
01-04-2011, 12:56 PM
jeddy you bike is awesome sick ,man nice work