PDA

View Full Version : Time for another event? Participate??

SpeedBump
03-07-2007, 12:04 AM
I know there is hardly enough time to put on the events now, but I had an idea about something EVERYONE enjoys doing on their Trikes. Wheelies! I saw a wheelie competition staged one time at a ATV rally. Worked real simple.

You make it a timed event. Say 3 minutes per rider. You start off in one of the turn-around zones. The time starts, you must pull the front wheel off the ground before you pass into the wheelie zone and carry the front wheel to the other end. Once you cross into the turn-around zone, you can drop the front wheel, spin around and pull it back up before you pass the line back into the wheelie zone. You continue to do this until you run outta time. You turn also ends if you, have to put a foot down, drag the grab bar (or any other part of the machine) or let the front wheel come in contact with the ground while in the wheelie zone. The winner is the person who can complete the most passes in the set time. If the time runs out while in the middle of the wheelie zone (which I am sure would happen more times than not) the amount of FULL passes AND the partial distance will be counted. Should be fairly easy to judge. All that would be needed would be a fairly open space...say the big lot over towards the moto-X track... a can of spray paint a tape measure and some people to help judge...measure distances.

Besides being easy to setup and run, another bonus...NO CLASSES! Run what ya brung as long as it is a 3 wheeler. The distance will not be long enough to give a big advantage to the bigger faster machines and the smaller trikes wheelie just as good or BETTER than some of their big brothers. If you think you can pop the clutch and fly thru to the other end and do better, go for it, but remember there are specific zones that will be laid out. If you go out of bounds...DQ. (and no, not the Ice Cream Variety!!!!)

Here is a quick pic of what the course could look like.

If this is possible, I think it would be fun. If it isn't no biggie. It may be able to be incorporated at a future TF.

3WheelsForever
03-07-2007, 12:22 AM
Sounds like an awesome idea man! Im in.

Derrick Adams
03-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Craig, if you want to do it, just pick a time and do it. Thursday is open all day except 12:00 (when ATCTim is having the Utility Challenge)

I'm sure there will be enough people to participate in this event that you won't have any issues getting judges. Giving any Style points?!!

SpeedBump
03-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Craig, if you want to do it, just pick a time and do it. Thursday is open all day except 12:00 (when ATCTim is having the Utility Challenge)

I'm sure there will be enough people to participate in this event that you won't have any issues getting judges. Giving any Style points?!!

Tim, how long will you need for your Rodeo? I can't see this (wheelie contest) taking more than a couple hours. (probably less than that) How bout 5pm. As for style points, heck, if guys wanna do both, say distance for one contest, and a separate contest for STYLE, if we have the people and the time, I like the idea.

I guess if my plans work out how I HOPE they will. I should be @ Haspin in enough time to set this up. If anyone else wants to join me, lemme know. As it stands, tentatively scheduled for 5pm. Tim, if this is crowding you for time....by all means...tell me. I won't be upset at all. This is just something I figured LOTS of guys could participate in and it should be fun, and/or FUNNY! :D

Kintore
03-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Oh im totally in for this. GREAT idea craig!

atctim
03-07-2007, 06:09 PM
As far as time goes - I have not had that many entrants speak up on the boards. Not saying alot more won;t sign up at the event - but shooting for the wheelie comp at 5pm is fine with me. I can;t see my rodeo going for longer than 5 hours. Your idea sounds cool. I like it!

TravEX
03-08-2007, 08:23 AM
Sounds like alot of fun. I could help judge, since I won't have a horse in the race since I got rid of my 350X. I say "DO IT!"

brapp
03-09-2007, 10:11 PM
i will definitly be willign to give it a shot. and tim i am stilloffrign to help with the utility challange. if you need it .

350Xhilaration
03-10-2007, 09:12 AM
I can wheelie longer than 2 feet...but not enough to compete...I'll help Judge if I am there in time.

dizasterzrfun69
03-10-2007, 11:31 AM
so do you have to sit on the bike or can you put your knee on the seat?

SpeedBump
03-10-2007, 01:29 PM
so do you have to sit on the bike or can you put your knee on the seat?

Doesn't really matter. As long as you don't put your feet down, or drag any part of the bike....you're golden. :w00t:

This could make for some good video footage too! Glad to hear the idea is NOT thought of as silly or stupid. I just hope to be able to get to Haspin in enough time to get it going.

Derrick Adams
03-11-2007, 09:54 AM
I'm no wheelie expert but i'm pretty sure I can go that far on the 160. Sooo, what the heck!