PDA

View Full Version : Heaven and Hell

Mobular
03-12-2007, 05:10 AM
Well kiddies, I am just now returning from the Heaven and Hell(aka Black Sabbath) world tour kick off. It took place in Vancouver B.C., and I must say that the avowed fathers of heavy, stoner, black, death, and doom metal have still got what it takes! Even though it was the very first date on the tour, the guys pulled it off flawlessly! Having almost 40 years experience to fall back on, they produced great sound and played with machine-like perfection. The songs played were mostly from the Dio era albums, with 3 new tracks from the upcoming "Dio Years" disc. Alltime faves included Children of the Grave, Lady Evil, Die Young, VooDoo, Sign of the Southern Cross, and The Mob Rules. Their set ended with a monstrous, extended version of Heaven And Hell and finally Neon Knights.

As for the opening acts, Down and Megadeth, They seemed to be having trouble with the first night on tour. The first boys up were Down. Phil, Rex, Pepper et all were quite enthusiastic. Their track choices were for the most part from the Nola disc, and despite some minor sound issues they came across like an overloaded freight train crushing your chest. Their final offering was Bury Me In Smoke, overblown, wall to wall chugging riffage!
Megadeth, who I hold in great regard, Just couldn't get a break. Muddy sound, along with multiple instances of PA loss plagued them. In the alloted 45 minute set, they touched on many of their classic tunes, but missing were the barnstormers Lucretia, Hangar 18 and In My Darkest Hour. They finished up with Holy Wars, always a crowd pleaser!
Once again, given the sound issues, and I will write that off to opening night difficulties, I highly recommend that anyone who has the opportunity to get ticket, do it now!

http://forum.bloodredmetalheads.com/images/smiles/icon_shred.gif

84honda200s
03-12-2007, 05:18 AM
man i wish i was there. sounds like a good time. i like black sabbath.

Vealmonkey
03-12-2007, 05:36 AM
Black Sabbath rocks! I remember seeing Dio with Sabbath on the Mob Rules Tour and Ozzy solo with Randy on guitar before his untimely death. I also got to see Dio solo and the man has a larger than life voice, a real stage presence.

xman23
03-12-2007, 09:35 AM
damn your lucky, I still gotta get my act togather and get to some moe concerts, my last one was with shadowsfall, lamb of god, and slipknot and that was a blast

Billy Bob
03-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Yeah i picked up 12 heaven and hell tickets for the concert here at the Sault Steelback Center next week, gonna be kick ass! And sorry they are all spoken for.

SPD FRK
03-12-2007, 10:03 PM
I've had my ticket for almost a month now. 2 more sleeps!!
Never cared for Dio but Toni Iommi is god. If I thought it would make me play more like him I would remove the tips of my fingers in an industrial accident.
And Megadeth is just gravy. Gonna be a show and a half allright.

3 weelin geezer
03-13-2007, 07:45 PM
You are going to sleep? You will sleep enough when you die. But anyways....What I really wanted to say is: http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g257/3_weelin_geezer/smileys/postpics.gif

Maico
03-13-2007, 11:56 PM
Ronnie is good but there's only 1 Black Sabbath....and it's with Ozzy

Mobular
03-14-2007, 08:37 PM
Apparently Down has cancelled out from the Calgary show. Anselmo's having voice problems. I feel for all of the Alberta fans....

honda_atc200es
07-05-2007, 05:22 PM
i have never been allowed to go to a concert my dad wont let me, i missed slayer, ozzfest and many others, you all are luckier than me lol

Eric250R
07-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Apparently Down has cancelled out from the Calgary show. Anselmo's having voice problems. I feel for all of the Alberta fans....

Or too f"d up on smack to sing...lol. My last show was soil, crossfade, and godsmack. Man, I need to get to a show soon.

z400guy28
08-07-2008, 01:58 AM
Wish they where coming close to me. I haven't been to a show since the pledge of alligance tour with slipknot system of a down and rammstein. For you Dio fans This great band called Kill Switch Engage did a cover to Holy Diver it rules. Long live metal.