> jar.
>
>
> He sheepishly replied, "Yes."
>
>
> I then stated, "Well, sir, I have a real problem
> trying to imagine Pope John Paul commanding all
> Catholics to kill those of your faith or Dr.
> Stanley ordering Protestants to do the same in order
> to go to Heaven!"
>
>
> The Imam was speechless.
>
>
> I continued, "I also have a problem with being
> your friend when you and your brother clerics are
> telling your followers to kill me. Let me ask you a
> question. Would you rather have your Allah who tells
> you to kill me in order to go to Heaven or my Jesus
> who tells me to love you because I am going to
> Heaven and He wants you to be with me?"
>
>
> You could have heard a pin drop as the Imam hung
> his head.
>
>
> Needless to say, the organizers and/or promoters
> of the "Diversification" training seminar were not
> happy with Rick's way of dealing with the Islamic
> Imam and exposing the truth about the Muslim's
> beliefs.
>
>
> I think everyone in the U.S. should be required
> to read this, but with the liberal justice system,
> liberal media, and the ACLU, there is no way this
> will be widely publicized. Please pass this on to
> all your e-mail contacts. This is a true story and
> the author, Rick Mathes, is a well-known leader in
> prison ministry.

mark38090
03-13-2007, 09:23 AM
That hits the nail on the head... I also work in the prisons and muslim religion is the fastest growing religion we have. Scary , HUH?

Billy Golightly
03-13-2007, 09:49 AM
We need to get another crusade rolling before this gets out of hand.

smokinwrench
03-14-2007, 11:01 PM
We need to get another crusade rolling before this gets out of hand.

YEAH RIGHT, we just need to play cowboy's and muslims the old fashion way!!! :beer :beer :beer

Jim mac
03-15-2007, 12:52 AM
Some comedian said the other day to all the religious nuts, that your killing yourselve over your invisible friends . I think it was eddie murphy, but correct me if im wrong. Jim

DeePa
03-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Hear me out here...

I am not religious at all.

I believe that a religion was created in order for a person to gather a following of people. Create some believeable story to get people to follow you and give you power. Different religions were created to try to sway people in different directions to get other people in to power.

Anyone agree?

Mike

Billy Golightly
03-15-2007, 02:15 PM
No way everything in the universe was created and happened by mere chance. No freakin way.

TimSr
03-15-2007, 04:08 PM
While the initial post is interesting and accurately constrasts Muslim extremists with main stream Christianity, I doubt its a true story, because I have yet to hear a Muslim extremist debate or discuss anything in such a respectful and honest way. Its not believable.

I also do not believe the Muslim extremist point of view is any more representative of mainstream Islam than Hitler's views represented mainstream Christianity.

Religion created to control people? No, but evil people often hijack legitimate religion in order to manipulate people into believing they are speaking for the one true God. My religion refers to these people as "false prophets".

Howdy
03-15-2007, 08:40 PM
A quick Google search showed these 2 pages.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/allah.asp

http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/rickmathes.html
Howdy

DeePa
03-15-2007, 08:57 PM
No one will ever really know the truth. I believe in evolution. Theres no way god could create all of the intricate systems involved in the human body. These evolved over millions and millions of years to perfect the way the body works.

micro-organisms and bacteria formed who we are today

Not saying anyone is wrong by any means....we all have our views and can say them respectfully and calmly. The BIG BANG theory sounds more believeable to me than adam and eve. Except the apple part. I would have eaten them too...I love apples.

mike

Louis Mielke
03-15-2007, 09:41 PM
No one will ever really know the truth. I believe in evolution. Theres no way god could create all of the intricate systems involved in the human body. These evolved over millions and millions of years to perfect the way the body works.

micro-organisms and bacteria formed who we are today

Not saying anyone is wrong by any means....we all have our views and can say them respectfully and calmly. The BIG BANG theory sounds more believeable to me than adam and eve. Except the apple part. I would have eaten them too...I love apples.

mike

Just reading that statement kinda sounds funny. No one designed such an intricate perfect system...it just happened. because perfection just happens all on its own.
My pile of trike part will create the perfect trike all on their own as long as I give them enough time.

hancadam
03-15-2007, 09:55 PM
A lot of people do not want to give religion a chance because it forces them to look at themselves. Also, some people don't want to be accountable for the life they live. When most are close to death or have a near death experiance, who's name naturally, without thought, comes out?

danteross77
03-16-2007, 03:29 AM
Religion created to control people? No, but evil people often hijack legitimate religion in order to manipulate people into believing they are speaking for the one true God. My religion refers to these people as "false prophets".[/QUOTE]

Right on!!! I sometimes feels ashamed or scared to talk about my Faith to people, because I don't want them to think I am preaching to them, but there is only one true God and only One true religion. I mean honestly our country is not perfect, but it was founded on basic christian principles and It is the best place to live and raise a family, or ride a 3 wheeled comtraption. There is no other more prosperous nation. Look at all the Muslim nations, the majority of there people crap in buckets. Jesus said that any man that follows me shall never do go hungry for the lord shall provide for them. I honestly beleive that. That is why our country has became as strong as it has, and it is up to us to keep it that way. I hate to sound so close minded, but I do not support any tolerances or sensitiveity of any other religions especially one so negative as muslims.

Mr. Clean
03-16-2007, 04:34 PM
Politics and religion are two conversations I try to avoid. That being said, if you believe we are all descendent's from Adam and Eve, then that means we are ALL brothers and sisters. Following that logic, I married my sister and we have an incestuous relationship.

Believe what you what to believe, let others believe what they want to believe and do not try to push your beliefs on someone else.

ATC-Eric
03-16-2007, 04:45 PM
I dont like a lot of the dogma that comes along with the number of religions out there. I dont believe in any one god. I cant logically look at the situation, and the many gods that are represented on this planet, to choose one to follow.

I have not been to a mass in years. (for the reference, I was born Baptist) Im not saying here I dont believe in god, I just dont see how any one religion could be correct. I am a very spiritual person. I feel that being a good, loving, and respectful person to those around me including myself should be good enough for any god that cares to listen.

On a closing note, for the most part I respect others decisions to go to church, and follow thier gods. I just dont want them to push their religion onto me. If "your" god wants to send me to hell for not going to church every sunday and putting money into the cup, so be it. Here I sit in Missouri, giving it my best to be a good person.

I also sent this article to a bunch of people, I found it interesting.

dreadhed
03-16-2007, 05:18 PM
I don't want them to think I am preaching to them, but there is only one true God and only One true religion.
No not preaching at all there are you........LOL Prove that what you believe is the only way. You can't do it.

I am spiritual but not religious. I don't need some middle man telling me how I need be or to talk to"God" for me. I have found in my experience that the loud christens are usually just as bad if not worse than what they preach against. I love it when people quote the bible to me too. There is all ways a quote there that can be twisted to what they want it to. I know the christens also do a ton of charity work in this country and all over the world & is more efficient that the government at doing it.

Ether way I say to each their own. :beer

TimSr
03-16-2007, 06:38 PM
No not preaching at all there are you........LOL Prove that what you believe is the only way. You can't do it.

I am spiritual but not religious. I don't need some middle man telling me how I need be or to talk to"God" for me. I have found in my experience that the loud christens are usually just as bad if not worse than what they preach against. I love it when people quote the bible to me too. There is all ways a quote there that can be twisted to what they want it to. I know the christens also do a ton of charity work in this country and all over the world & is more efficient that the government at doing it.

Ether way I say to each their own. :beer

I dont think Im preaching. I replied to a post.

You are stating the most common misconception of Christianity. Christianity has nothing to do with preaching behavior or earning your way into heaven, because its impossible to do. Its a simple concept:

1. We are all sinners.
2. The penalty for sin is spiritual death.
3. Jesus paid the penalty on behalf of all mankind for any person who is willing to accept his gift and denounce their past sins.

Its that simple. While there are no demands on behavior, or restrictions on forgiveness it is only fair to warn you that once you accept the gift, it will likley cause you to voluntarily re-examine your behaviors, though most of us will fall and stumble throughout our lifetime. That is the beauty of forgiveness. It is always available. Dont turn away from the gift because you have seen Christians stumble. You may not be ready to hear more today, but there will be a time in your life when you become interested in digging into this theory a little deeper. When you do, someone like me will be available to help answer questions, because thats how He works. One day in the future you will remember this post.

dreadhed
03-16-2007, 07:12 PM
I dont think Im preaching. I replied to a post. [/QUOTE
??????????? I didn't say you were. I didn't think you were preaching either. :beer

[QUOTE=TimSr]Christianity has nothing to do with preaching behavior
I know I was raised Christan. I am not knocking, it just the preachy types. Like I said they do allot of good all over the world. Also the basic principals are good rules to live by.

danteross77
03-17-2007, 12:06 AM
Well I guess the point I am trying to make is I Don't care how Liberal our country becomes any other religion besides christianity is just garbage or complete nonsense. And this is just my opinion. Everyone has there own opinion. And I thing the original author of this thread was trying to make a simular point.

On a lighter note:
In the words of the late great Jimi Hendrix " I am the one who has to die when its time for me to die, so let me live my life like I want to"
Thats what make this country great.

TimSr
03-17-2007, 09:04 AM
Well I guess the point I am trying to make is I Don't care how Liberal our country becomes any other religion besides christianity is just garbage or complete nonsense. And this is just my opinion. Everyone has there own opinion. And I thing the original author of this thread was trying to make a simular point.

On a lighter note:
In the words of the late great Jimi Hendrix " I am the one who has to die when its time for me to die, so let me live my life like I want to"

Thats too bad, because its statements like these that lead to the false impressions about what Christianity is that dreadhed stated.

DixiePlowboy
03-17-2007, 10:48 AM
I was brought up in a Baptist church, and even though I am not one called to preach or perfect by no stretch of the immagination, I am bound by my beliefs to testify when the opportunity presents itself.

No amount of preaching is going to save anyone. No religion is going to save anyone. The way is straight and narrow by design, and that path is not the creation of any man or any religion.

The evidence of the existance of God is all around us. It's bewildering to hear folks defend their belief that life in the cosmos just "happened", or "evolved".

To the argument that "we are all brothers and sisters, therefore we are in incestuous relationships" I say: If we are all decended from apes, then is it acceptable to have relations with monkeys?

One of God's gifts to us is free will. He desires us all to accept the gift of his Son and join him in eternity, but he wants it to be our choice. That does not mean that we're all okay if we don't accept Him. Far from it. That does not mean that our lives are going to be a bed of roses when we do accept Him. He tests and strengthens all that love Him, often through hardships.....but he will never forsake his children.

We can live as we choose, but at the Judgement that awaits us ALL regardless of religeous affiliation, there will be no unbelievers......and no second chances.

Remember this life is very insignificant, the blinking of an eye in the scope of eternity.

3 weelin geezer
03-17-2007, 12:11 PM
Hear me out here...

I am not religious at all.

I believe that a religion was created in order for a person to gather a following of people. Create some believeable story to get people to follow you and give you power. Different religions were created to try to sway people in different directions to get other people in to power.

Anyone agree?

Mike

Not just that. Everyone wants to live forever. Thats why we have a place to go to when we die (heaven). What do you do when you get there? Will you have to work like here on earth? If not, what will you do to keep from getting bored? Do you just lounge around watching tv all day? Is there a day/night? Will there be other things to do? Going Golfing all the time will sure get dull after a while. I don't like it when my ball blows up in a cloud of smoke but won't they do that every time you try to address a cloud golf ball?

They say heaven is in those clouds above. I have been there in a plane and saw no angels splattered on the wings like bugs or ripping off panels in anger. My opinion is that since people want to live forever they just make up a place to 'go' to after they die. Kinda like the waiting :welcome: room in a doctor's office.

DixiePlowboy
03-17-2007, 01:10 PM
I know that there are plenty of folks that will tune out right about now, and that's their right.....but I have to pick this up even though someone will consider this "pushing" my "religion" on others. I think we've been forced in many ways to having the religion of Secular Humanism pushed upon us in innumerable ways.....so here's my right exercised:

Heaven's not a place that mortals can reach, pass through, or physically touch in this life.

The things you experience on a mortal plane(not air-plane)of existance such as boredom and pleasure are states of fleshly knowledge. When the promise is fulfilled, those in the book of life will be re-created into a perfect physical form....and inhabit a physical Heaven, where you won't be missing golf and/or TV. The hinderances of fleshly knowledge will be gone and forgotten, thankfully.

A visiting pastor from a local church asked me the other night where I thought I would go when my time here was up. I told him that I was definitely not looking forward to having to face the replay of my young life, but by God's Grace and the acceptance of the gift of His Son, and the fact that it's not by works alone but by faith, I know that He will keep His promise.

Just as there are few Athiests in foxholes, there will be none the day we all stand before His throne.

Disagree if you wish. We will all believe one day, but for countless masses there will be a rude awakening.

bassman
03-17-2007, 05:21 PM
A lot of people do not want to give religion a chance because it forces them to look at themselves. Also, some people don't want to be accountable for the life they live. When most are close to death or have a near death experiance, who's name naturally, without thought, comes out?

No, alot of people don't follow religon because we don't like to worship what is not there. We all think it's a load of crap. Sure you can say, "no it isn't. Here's a 2000 year old book to prove you wrong". That's when I laugh and point out it's a book that was made to make a person a better one, by following a set of guidelines, and to make them not fear death.
It's the same in any religon, so why do people argue about religon?
I'll probably never follow any religon, because I couldn't bring myself to blind faith. And that's A-Okay if you do, i'm not trying to disrespect you.

bassman
03-17-2007, 05:24 PM

On a lighter note:
Out of all religons, i can't STAND christianity. Christians are wrong to the BOOT. I'd much rather follow islam than be a christian.

mymint87
03-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Timsr

I was waiting for someone to mention GRACE....and I sway away from "WORKS" gospels or false religios

the devil wasn't refered to as the master of deseption for nothing

the word of god is the bible, in it's entirety interpeted with only scripture upon scripture

but the king james version has books that where left out when they canonized it in 1611

genisis was written around 1000BC and the new testiment was writtten roughly 100-200 AD

I'm always afraind that satan himself has alot to do with the bibles makeup as we percieve it today and pray all the time for gods wisdom

I am very knowledgable when it comes to the history of man and our mislead society today

take the perception of women for example...she has been looked down on from the beginning when she bit the apple or as it says that she should be obedient to her husband (and not obidient to god? WTF) then the recent onslaught of believings that mary actually had a thing going with christ...look at the way a womens protrayed on TV...or the way when a man sleeps around he's a stud but when a women does it shes a slut...or in the workplace and less pay....and finally how the islamic religion handles them..its all around...something isn't right....the women is not the image of sin nor is it her fault the we are bound in sin... sounds like satans work to me....NOW look at the comeback in the new testement...how shes the mother of christ...sounds like gods work restoring her rightful place

lets go back for another example, the deluge or flood story has been told in many cultures way back before genisis was written, and proven possible by science when dating ages of rivers by messuring delta deposits from earths major rivers...ie..amazon , nile etc..so why must we only read of in in the bible...study it everywhere there's evidence....... egyptian, sumerian tablets text for example...

finally lets look at god...the aplha omega, beginning and end...The light....the heavens and universe...many scientists believe our expanding universe is gaining in acceleration what will happen when the expanding universe reaches light speed? enstiens theory says that when traveling at the speed of light you basically are in the fourth deminsion (time travel)
so our universe with evolve into the fourth deminsion....hmmm don't know if i explained it well but look at the way god is described, to the light, enternity and everlasting time, aplha, omega..etc etc and learn yourself about theories of lights speed

catholic bibles have (i think) 73 books..i believe and king james has 60...i know that king james used the most brilliant biblical scholars at the time and translated it from hebrew to proper english and his work is as perfect as it comes...but its the exclusions im honestly leery about....i dont limit myself and constantly pray for guidance and knowledge...if a book is mentioned in the bible and not included...i seek it out to read it for my better understanding of scripture....