PDA

View Full Version : would a mods blaster....

250sxRacer
04-26-2003, 08:30 PM
Would a mods blaster be good enough for me to race mx. I am a 16yo male. i weigh 140-150lbs. i want to race mx on a quad and cant afford a trx250r. i also want a smaller quad that would be easier to control. and i am hooked on 2 strokes. i dont really want a four stroke but have thought about getting one. ne good tips on mods for a blaster or ne other quad suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks
James

TimSr
04-26-2003, 08:50 PM
Did you read my reply to your post in the open forum? Call the track and find out what the quad classes are that they run. Most organizations have a Blaster class so you will only be running against other Blasters. (and possibly 250X/300EX's depending on thier rules. ) Its also wise to find out what mods are legal for that class before you do them.

250sxRacer
04-26-2003, 09:22 PM
Yes i called and the have have a blster class. they have a unlimted mods class w/o 240 kit. and they have a 240 kit mods class. but my ? is would it be a powerful enough quad to pull me around the track at a good enough speed to keep up with the others or should i look into getting a diff quad? if u think a diff quad please give trailprotrailpro suggestions.

TimSr
04-26-2003, 11:05 PM
Youll find that the Blaster class is mostly guys in your age range, and the machine is designed for a rider from about 5"3" to 5'10" and around 135-180 lbs, so its probably the ideal machine for you to start on, and about 95% of teens do start in that class. Also Id stay in the stock bore class, and consider the 240cc class a more advanced class after you have the stock class mastered. Also Id start racing before you do ANY mods, and then youll get a feel for what you need most that will be most helpful and cost effective. Also keep in mind, a lot of mods for the MX track are detrimental to trail riding, and its something to keep in mind if you wish to ride both. A spare set of 18" tires on rims, designed for hard pack, such as Turf Tamers is a good start. Then you can switch them back for trail riding if you need to. Good luck!

250sxRacer
04-27-2003, 08:39 AM
thanks timsr that helps me out a lot. i am goin to get my blsater 2 weeks from now. thanks for the tip about racing before doing ne mods b/c i wouldve just did the mods and then raced. thanks for all trailprotrailpro help.

TimSr
04-28-2003, 12:39 PM
Once you get started, here are a couple of Ohio MX sides, and lots of Blaster racers on them that can help with MX mods.

www.ohioquadracing.com

www.pitracer.com