PDA

View Full Version : Won't be riding trikes for a while.

MisterFurious
03-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Apparently I shouldn't have attempted to revive the basketball career; I tore my patella tendon yesterday. Anyone know the recovery time on one of these? I tore my pectoral tendon a year and a half ago and was back to lifting in 1/3 of the time normally required. I'm hoping this goes as well. Surgery tomorrow. Enjoy the pic!
T3 Lopes, you probably can count me out for the dunes. And the wife had even told me to go!:(

Dirtcrasher
03-18-2007, 08:09 PM
Torn tendons aren't a good thing. You be better off snapping the bone, hope you heal up well - good luck!

200xman
03-18-2007, 08:14 PM
Nice Spongebob boxers!!!!!!:welcome:

MisterFurious
03-18-2007, 08:21 PM
I'm guessing I'll be in a straight leg cast for a few weeks, John. Maybe you can put a footpeg way out front, like the Harley guys, LOL! And those are pajama pants; the wife is a bit embarrassed when I wear them to town!

firehart
03-18-2007, 08:51 PM
And they say trike riding is dangerous. They better outlaw basketball too.

russell56443
03-19-2007, 02:22 AM
When I was a kid I went with my dad to a tree cutter guys house he knew,his son was riding wheelies on a Triumph 650 with a full leg cast LOL??
I guess if your determined enough anythings possible!!!
Good luck tomorrow!!

250Roger
03-19-2007, 04:32 PM
Wow. I "sprained" my left knee about 3 weeks ago. At least the doctor at the hospital said it was sprained. I think there is more damage though. With no insurance yet, I cannot afford to have a MRI taken, and surgery is out of the question right now. Hope yours gets better soon.

MisterFurious
03-20-2007, 01:00 PM
Well, I had surgery yesterday and spent the night at the hospital. The doctor told me it went really well, but said the recovery time is fairly lengthy. Hurts like a son of a gun right now, and I've never felt so helpless in my life. Thanks for the encouragement guys!

250Roger
03-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Well, I had surgery yesterday and spent the night at the hospital. The doctor told me it went really well, but said the recovery time is fairly lengthy. Hurts like a son of a gun right now, and I've never felt so helpless in my life. Thanks for the encouragement guys!
You have more "kahhonies" than me. I can't even stand the thought of being under the knife.