PDA

View Full Version : my new ride

NOS_350X
04-27-2003, 12:27 PM
well i got home last night and my parents had just bought this for me i love it
the previous owner had it and couldnt make the payments anymore and we just too over the payments where paying around 44 for it sounds like a deal to me

plkmonster2
04-27-2003, 01:43 PM
i love back! is it a expedition?

J.D.
04-27-2003, 04:45 PM
Nah looks like some kind of GM MOTORS p.o.s. Doesn't quite look like a Ford Body to me.....what is it, Escalade? Denali?

Xowner
04-27-2003, 05:01 PM
ITS A ESCALAD HOWEVER U SPELL IT LOOK AT THE FENDER IT SAYS CADDY!!!!! AWSOME MAN!!

J.D.
04-27-2003, 05:05 PM
Sure does make me feel secure knowing the next generation of adults is a bunch of whackheads who can't even spell "Escalade"

ATCRYDER
04-27-2003, 05:17 PM
lol@Goku. I feel ya, man. Sad aint it?...

Youve got wonderful Parents, NOS, Never move out!

bigred110
04-27-2003, 05:20 PM
Nice ride. Is it a Cady or a Cady front end kit put on a GM SUV.

Bill X_R
04-27-2003, 07:12 PM
Sweet AZZ Ride NOS...If I was your age again, I'd kill for something like that...

Shame on the rest of you guys for raggin on it! Who cares what it is! It's sweet looking and it didnt cost him a thing!

NOS_350X
04-27-2003, 11:50 PM
its an escalade all escalade and i love it, it looks good and sounds good also 2 12's with 1400 wat amp sounds nice and clean then it also has flowmaster's its grate for picking up tha chicks even if i do have a gf.
10inch lift (i think 10 or 8) 38 inch tiers its perfect for me

bigred110
04-28-2003, 12:45 AM
I wasn't raggin on him if you were talking to me Bill.
Its good to see that is real caddy not a fake one. What size is the engine? Go out and floss your new caddy men, nice ride. What year is it?

crnacnac
04-28-2003, 12:32 PM
Sweet ride. I just finished a system in a'03 Escalade. No 12's just 10's.
http://www.deepsand.net/albums/album04/caddy_trunk.sized.jpg

FullBore
04-28-2003, 01:19 PM
Thats a really sweet truck NOS! and at the popular price!
Sweet tunes crnacnac, get it banging!

My little Truck, when I can drive it in August I'll be happy! Its a 1990 Suzuki SJ410 with a 970cc 4cyl plant under the hood putting out a massive 45bhp! I'm gonna give it some big tyres, 5" suspension lift, Snorkel and Diff lockers hopefully. These are a real giant killer when offroad, Honest.
I've put some cheapo lights on the front but they've got 100w bulbs!

http://gopeds.hypermart.net/images/new_images/suzi.jpg

http://gopeds.hypermart.net/images/new_images/suzi3.jpg

Nat

ATC crazy
04-28-2003, 06:04 PM
That looks like a Yukon w/ the Caddy grille...anyways its a sweet ride. I'd upgrade to 44" boggers AND A FORD

J.D.
04-28-2003, 07:50 PM
Amen to that ATC Crazy 8)

G-MAN-1
04-28-2003, 08:47 PM
i have to second that.looks like a yuky with escalade grille. i have seen them for sale for the chevys and gmc..........sorry but it looks like a copy cat....

bigred110
04-28-2003, 09:04 PM
When Cady first brought out their new cady suv, all it was a GM SUV with a Cady grill with body clading on it and cady signs on it.

NOS_350X
04-28-2003, 11:53 PM
well the pink says escalade so i think its that

crazy i woulndt drive a ford and i just raced my friends ford truck and barley beat him and 44's are too big and expensive

fullbore well i like your little jeep thing espicaly with the gas prices the way they ive always wanted a little toyota truck with some 33inch boggers and lockers them little sob's will go anywhere

crnacnac well my 12's are mounted under the seats so i still have all the seating and if you take a look at it you cant tell its got such a kickass system

Anton
04-29-2003, 06:28 AM
FullBore, that is a nice Suzuki. I wasn't aware that a narrow track SJ 410 could stilll be purchased in 1990. At that time, in North America we were getting the wide track "Samurai" with a 1298cc 4cylinder engine with EFI. The last year of the SJ 410 for Canada was 1984...

I have been building my 1987 Suzuki Samurai for the last 4 years. I won't go into the modifications I have done, but you can e-mail me if you are interested. Here's some pics of it.

http://members.shaw.ca/asheng/2003_0411_182444aa.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/asheng/2003_0411_182504aa.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/asheng/2003_0416_185306aa.jpg

That looks like a Yukon w/ the Caddy grille...anyways its a sweet ride. I'd upgrade to 44" boggers AND A FORD

ATC Crazy, why waste a perfectly good set of 44" Boggers on a truck like that? You know they'd never see anything but pavement. But then again, why not, what does he have to loose, it's all his parent's money after all. :rolleyes:

fullbore well i like your little jeep thing espicaly with the gas prices the way they ive always wanted a little toyota truck with some 33inch boggers and lockers them little sob's will go anywhere

It's a Suzuki, not a "little jeep thing". It amazes me how ignorant some people are - you would think that someone who drives a lifted truck on 38's, and has some knowledge about 4x4's and 4 wheeling would be able to tell the difference between a Jeep and a Suzuki! :x

I'll have to agree with you however, that a solid axle Toyota pickup with lockers and 33's would make a very capiable rig. A much better choice than that shiny POS your parents bought you IMO.

[code:1]CAN YOU SAY SPOILED BRAT,,,,,,,,,,
YOUR GOING TO MAKE A GREAT CEO OF DADDYS COMPANY!!!! [/code:1]

I'm with you on that one 250RMAD

yyz4208@aol.com
04-30-2003, 12:29 AM
WHO CARES IF HIS PARENTS BOUGHT IT FOR HIM
IF HIS PARENTS HAVE THE MONEY THEY MITE AS WELL SPEND IT ON THERE KID

NOS_350X
04-30-2003, 12:58 AM
i dont see why all you are mad my dad dosent own a company and we arnt rich (we got money but arnt rich) the just saw a good deal and knew i would love it and i do. and i will take it off road i just went down to my friends shop and am going to put deroit air lockers front and rear theni'm not going to do anyting to if for a long time. basicaly you guys just need to calm down i'm not a rich prepy snob if i was i wouldnt be ridin a 97 yz 125. i see where everyone is coming from just understand i'm not like that accpt the music stuff i listen to Manson and bands like that. better than rap its just the shoing the diffrent generations[/b]

NOS_350X
04-30-2003, 07:06 PM
"i'm not addicted to drugs i just consistantly use them" - tommy lee

Jonathan
04-30-2003, 07:48 PM
the only thing that bugs me is i know that sound system will never hear
some vintage Bon Scott or mr. Halford or even some War Pigs CRANKED HIGH!!!!!!
Probabally listens to that thumpin CRAP
You have the same taste in music as I do. Early AC/DC kicks ass!!!!!! As does Preist and Sabbath.

NOS, I hope you don't really take that truck off-road as it is, 38's will destroy that half ton IFS and rear 10 bolt in no time (especially if you lock it). Also I don't think there's any locker available for the front of your truck. And I think you meant to say ARB air lockers, not Detroit. I have to agree with the others, you will never be as proud of something you didn't pay for as you will be of something you did pay for by yourself. But really that's a very nice truck, I've always had a thing for lifted luxury 4x4's with big tires. I hope you do make it trail worthy and do take it off road, that would just make it cooler, post some pics of it when you get it covered in mud. If I were you, I'd save up and swap in a Dana 60 and a full floating 14-bolt in place of the IFS/10-bolt.

Bill X_R
04-30-2003, 08:00 PM
NOS...I wouldnt worry about these cheeseballs! One mans trash is another mans treasuer. Ride it like you want to, listen to what you want, and do what you want! Don't ever get carried away or change your thinking because of what SOMEONE else said or does. Like I said....It's a BAD AZZ RIDE...no matter how you got it! I guess some of these guy's would give it back to there parents and say nahhhhh that's ok !!!!...LOL

Keep the rubber side down!

ATCRYDER
04-30-2003, 08:17 PM
Billy,

Just lock this thread, man. Im sick of hearing all this utter pointless bullshit....and Im not even the owner of the vehicle!

Rob

Billy Golightly
04-30-2003, 08:24 PM
The thought did occure to me, but I didn't want NOS losing out on any POSITIVE information that might have came out of this thread. I'll just delete these posts that keep stiring stuff up. I will say this though, 2nd time offenders in this post will be getting the boot for a week.

Kilborg
04-30-2003, 09:04 PM
Not a bad rig. For some light fourwheeling it should be perfect...Not sure if this was said before but what gears are you running? 38's are a big meat...Even with the 345 horsepower 6.0 you got in there (if its an awd model wich i think all are) 38's are gonna take alot outta it with the stock gears. I am not sure on this, but do these run the 1/2 ton (8.2 or 8.5 inch cant remember) IFS and the 10 bolt? This isnt a bad combo, but with 38's and the power your running your going to want to be pretty careful. You should not have any huge problems unless your pretty liberal with the throttle. I myself would save up for a 14 bolt full floater at the minimum (but keep the ifs on there for awile since its so new) for the rear. Get a detroit locker in that 14 bolt and your good to go in the back. Since your probably not going to be offroading this all the time, I would go to some 35's. Youll get some power back and fuel economy, plus alot less strain on that driveline. What are your front cv angles? With a tire as big as your running you want them as flat as possible, and you will be a happy boy. Anyway...nice rig (perhaps not the best offroader but youll have alota fun with it...just make sure your easy on the throttle ;p).

NOS_350X
04-30-2003, 09:11 PM
i will be slowley paying for it becaue right now i dont have a job so i cant pay for it now.

bill thanks for that thats what i'm doin i bet most people on here would love to have a truck like that i can tell you i would just about die to have one like that be 4 i got it

jonathan well i dont know what the back is but i do know that its not a dana 60 i belive that its a ford 1 ton rearend and he did say detroit air lockers i'm 90% sure about that. i will take it off road but probably just sand maby a little bit of trails stuff most likely no hardcore 4x4 stuff. i barrow a jeep for that

ATC crazy
05-01-2003, 05:26 PM
You should attach a stepladder underneath so the short people wont need an extra hand. LOL :D

ATCRYDER
05-01-2003, 06:59 PM
Dont go red-neckin with that fine vehilce, NOS. Youve got the right idea using a Jeep.....or better yet: a 3 wheeler! :o