PDA

View Full Version : Beadlock wheels for a trike?

3WheelHouston
10-21-2002, 12:27 AM
Anyone know anything about this? I figure they'll work for sure on the back, but I don't know about the front. HiPer Technologies makes some awesome looking dual beadlock carbon fiber race wheels that I've seen on competition level quads and I sure think they'd look sweet on a trike. But will they work?

MR ATC
10-21-2002, 07:56 AM
yes Beadlocks will work on a 3 wheeler rear end they used them a lot "back in the day" however they will not work on the front (nor do HiPer make them or anyone else) they will not clear the caliper. also there is really no need to have them on the front as it dose not get the sideload stress the rears or 4 wheeler fronts get. i myself have ordered a set of the HiPer wheels for my 400X i would like to have a matching front (which i believe is your thinking too) but i think i'll be forced to have a stock or aftermarket rom anodized to match them.

3WheelHouston
10-21-2002, 10:58 PM
Exactly what I was thinking. Sucks that no one makes them for the front, cause whether they're needed or not they sure look sweet. Thanks again Bill. -Aaron

OldSchoolin86
10-21-2002, 11:11 PM
That would be kinda funny for the front. I would think people would wonder if you even knew what they were for. Sweet idea for the rear.

3WheelHouston
10-22-2002, 10:34 PM
Well they are on the front of race quads, and they look good, so hey, why not a trike too?

MR ATC
10-23-2002, 07:33 AM
Houston, like i said before the front of a trike dose not get the side load pressure a golf cart front end gets (during cornering) but i do agree it would look cool. i've also wondered about reinforcing rings on the front of a trike now that would have a benefit. i've crushed many front wheels that would not have happened with them. but, again the front caliper gets in the way.