PDA

View Full Version : Supertrapp pipe

350Xccelerator
04-27-2003, 09:11 PM
Im gonna buy a supertrapp pipe for my 02 recon and i wanted to know some things about of them, how do they sound? Are they powerful? And do they turn ugly colors after they're used alot?

Wickedfinger
04-27-2003, 10:01 PM
1. They sound really mellow and deep provided you put enough disks on them - too little makes them just obnoxiously loud. ... but ... 2. They'll give you a great power boost provided you don't put too many disks on them - see its a balancing act. 3. I've never seen them dis-color but like any exhaust system, if you run way too lean, you might heat the system up enough to rainbow it - but then again, that would probably be the least of your worries at that point (like a smoked piston for one)

REDMAN225
04-29-2003, 04:06 AM
i have one my kodiak. sounds good-looks good-works good. using the discs is a trial and error thing. on my machine, over 8 and i lost bottom end power but gained on top. under 8 the exact opposite. obviously 8 discs is the number i use. it depends on your machine and what your looking for. i also added a dyno jet kit and k&n filter for more power. its definately a good pipe.

350Xccelerator
04-29-2003, 07:00 PM
ive heard that when you buy a supertrapp pipe you have to buy a jet kit, is this true?

REDMAN225
05-02-2003, 08:12 PM
it's recommended but my instructions said you can use 6-8 discs without stock jetting.