PDA

View Full Version : This is for the trikers.............

83GT
04-27-2003, 09:39 PM
I went to a ride saturday there was 160 quads and one trike ME. At the morning drivers meeting the guy says were going to have drags at lunch. So we ride till lunch I am sitting there feeding my face with a buddy of mine watching 2 raptors, 3 or 4 400 ex's, a banshee, and a 500 scrambler dragging ( the very modified banshee was kicking butt) when my buddy leans over says to me what do ya think i said will see as i headed for my 350. So i wander down to the track and pull up to the starting line and what sits beside me a raptor!, now i am thinking this is no way to start this deal out, the flagger guy kinda looks around and says to the fella on the raptor "guess you have to race the old three wheeler". That pissed me off ! i am proud to say that all that guy saw was my 17 year old taillight....... we came back around again, i thought maybe he bombed it so we went again he managed to see my back rim but was still the LOOSER..... I had a tough time with the 400ex's we were very very close who ever made it off the line first won. Thought i would share that........

Wickedfinger
04-27-2003, 09:53 PM
Its good to see the old dinosaurs still kicking ass.

ATC crazy
04-28-2003, 06:16 PM
Ohhh yeah!

NOS_350X
04-29-2003, 12:05 AM
kinda hard to belive were u racin on dirt or pavement or sand what?? cuz the only way you would win is if the raptor didnt have paddles and you did and it was sand or he might of just been a EXTREMELY horrable driver

lisnup65
04-29-2003, 08:04 AM
This post does not make much sense to me. You were able to beat a Raptor 2x's, but had problems with 400 EX's?????!!!!! This is not logical and it does not compute. Unless as previously stated, you had a severe traction advantage(you tires, him no tires :shock: ), or sand paddles etc... The Raptor is at least 1 second faster 0-30 over a 400ex, 3 full seconds 0-45. I have a few 350X's and they are great machines that are still worthy of challenging the newer quads, but come on. It sounds to me you like fairy tails and are not much of a Yamaha fan.

Now I may be off base here and if so, sorry. I would just need to see this with my own eyes to believe it.

Billy Golightly
04-29-2003, 10:56 AM
Sounds to me like the more likely reason is poor riding by the people on the Raptors, and good riding by him on the 350x.

lisnup65
04-29-2003, 11:12 AM
Sounds to me like the more likely reason is poor riding by the people on the Raptors, and good riding by him on the 350x.

After some rational thought I have to conclude that the above must in fact be it.

83GT
04-29-2003, 06:54 PM
The raptor didnt take the 400ex in a single race i saw or was in. Unless something happened like they ( 400ex) didnt come off the line well. It was pretty short track too i didnt shift into 6th until just before the finish line. I had a very difficult time coming off the line well the dirt was very sticky. used 2nd gear starts and feathered the clutch pretty hard. That seemed to be the fastest way to get off the line.

Trikeaholic
04-29-2003, 08:23 PM
all right, I will tell you what is up. This guy (83GT) is an expert trike pilot. I rode with him a few times, and let me just say, after that "lesson" I concluded that most people suck at riding. Believe what he says its no BS. If I could only talk him into going to Haspin...............

83GT
04-29-2003, 09:15 PM
I wouldnt go as far as expert....... ;)
I wish you could have come at least there would have been two trikers ! I felt kinda shunned from the group it was pretty wierd after 20+ years of riding trikes to goto a ride with that many bikes and being the only triker just surprises me. Oh well guess were are a dieing breed, hope they have room in my casket for my 350.... I wish you had the tiger there that would have been really funny to see the look on thier faces at the end of the track. After they got there......

yyz4208@aol.com
04-30-2003, 12:32 AM
IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE RIDER

NOS_350X
04-30-2003, 01:10 AM
IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE RIDER
na not realy alot is the bike you give inexperienced rider a raptor and a experienced rider a worn out 200x maby not the first race but succeding ones the raptor would win (i'm not saying this is 100% but it was a good expample)