PDA

View Full Version : How many Board Members does it take to change a lightbulb?

wanta250r
03-25-2007, 11:46 PM
How many Board Members does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

53 to flame the spell checkers

41 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...

another 6 to condemn those 6 as ****-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

156 to email the moderators complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy"

109 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

111 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ

44 to ask what is a "FAQ"

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

Bryan Raffa
03-25-2007, 11:49 PM
Hahahahahahahahaha that's so true.

fatcat
03-26-2007, 12:48 AM
funny sad thing is that its true

mymint87
03-26-2007, 11:52 AM
when changing bulbs on your trikes, aviod touching the new one with your bare hand....... natural body oils from you left on the bulb make em burn out faster:welcome:

Bryan Raffa
03-26-2007, 11:55 AM
when changing bulbs on your trikes, aviod touching the new one with your bare hand....... natural body oils from you left on the bulb make em burn out faster:welcome:

You spelled AVOID Wrong!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and thats for halogen bulbs:D

mymint87
03-26-2007, 12:04 PM
You spelled AVOID Wrong!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D

Thats explains alot of things....my doctor told me he detected a small VIOD in my brain:crazy: :lol: :postwhore

Bryan Raffa
03-26-2007, 12:07 PM
Bahahahahahahah

mymint87
03-26-2007, 12:13 PM
thats for halogen bulbs:D

I strongly disagree, if you look at it by the molecular level, ALL bulbs should be handled using a propholactic sanatized barrier between the appendage and the substrate:welcome:

Bryan Raffa
03-26-2007, 12:20 PM
Im not going to touch that one...:lol: But I think your right:D

have you tryed using a propholactic?:eek:

mymint87
03-26-2007, 12:32 PM
But I think your right:D

RAFFA,

it's imperartive that you NOT "think" about it when it comes to removal and disposal (while providing a manifest from the proper EPA department)
of the illuminatiing object...:idea:

With the ever increasing high costs of petrolium and the chinese labor camps that actually coil the filiments....YOU MUST BE SURE of yourself during this crutial procedure.... :welcome:

SYKO
03-26-2007, 12:34 PM
[QUOTE=have you tryed using a propholactic?:eek:[/QUOTE]

lol, I always break mine and then have to change more bulbs then I started off with:eek:

Billy Golightly
03-26-2007, 12:36 PM
Flourescents FTW

mymint87
03-26-2007, 12:41 PM
lol, I always break mine and then have to change more bulbs then I started off with:eek:

actual breakage of the flouresent object (thanks for clarifying that one Billy) is a whole different subject....

when that happens take immediate appropiate actions by contaning the immediate area with the appropiate certified personel....:welcome:

I could go in to it much deeper but please, lets continue with the basics so our esteemed triker members can be fully informed on this important topic:postwhore

Bryan Raffa
03-26-2007, 12:43 PM
well when looking for the EPA forms I found this I hope this helps....
http://www.archive.org/details/MikeLindseyHowtoInstallaLightBulb

Billy Golightly
03-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Did anyone else know the light bulb Thomas Edison had in his winter home here in Florida never burned out from the time he made it himself until just a year ago?

Bryan Raffa
03-26-2007, 12:51 PM
That probley because someone touched it with there oily hand..Truly a great loss...:cry:

johnny's X
03-26-2007, 12:52 PM
wtf does that job pay big money or what :lol: . I guess I need to make a how to video. Its going to be called how to ignore you wife....( buy a trike)

chris200x
03-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Haha Billy. Funny you should mention that. I just seen on mythbusters last week a lightbulb hangin in some firehouse has been burning constantly for over 100 years! :eek:

Bryan Raffa
03-26-2007, 12:55 PM
Maybe we should call mythbusters on this subject and see if it's plausible

Billy Golightly
03-26-2007, 01:00 PM
See if whats possible? 9,000 forum members can decide on a series of steps for removal and installation of a lightbulb? Highly unlikely.

mymint87
03-26-2007, 01:21 PM
Did anyone else know the light bulb Thomas Edison had in his winter home here in Florida never burned out from the time he made it himself until just a year ago?

I didn't know that!!!.....but I must say, your straying from topic....

Please remove the handcuffs, mace and billy club from your belt and self discipline yourself immediately...:lol: :lol: :lol:

mymint87
03-26-2007, 01:24 PM
:D

have you tryed using a propholactic?:eek:

Yes...and I've found that the textured ones allow for the greatest control...might I suggest to Syko that in the future he uses them to cut down on slippage and breakage

mymint87
03-26-2007, 01:27 PM
See if whats possible? 9,000 forum members can decide on a series of steps for removal and installation of a lightbulb? Highly unlikely.

I absolutely DISAGGREE....I think we can obtain our objective here with a little over 7000 members.

Billy Golightly
03-26-2007, 01:29 PM
My point EXACTLY :lol:

farmerc
03-26-2007, 01:30 PM
I think that getting 9000 board members to figure this one out is going be the greatest task of all time,but you can keep trying. As for the task I think that you get 9000 different answers. Just my 2 cents

Bryan Raffa
03-26-2007, 01:30 PM
are you referring to the ribbed kind? possibly for better contact and placement of the illuminating object?

Is it possible for you to make a how to vid using your technique and the wrong way?;)

Ive seen a person lick the end of a bulb before, right before incerting..any thought on this?:crazy:

mymint87
03-26-2007, 01:37 PM
I think that getting 9000 board members to figure this one out is going be the greatest task of all time,but you can keep trying. As for the task I think that you get 9000 different answers. Just my 2 cents

debating if it's 7000 or 9000 is a moot point....and WAY off topic
I suggest you stand inline behind Billy for disciplianry actions:lol:

responses so early in this thread has lead me to believe that it will take a little over 7000 members to accomplish this with about 4000 of them recieving forum violation beatings by the mods:lol:

mymint87
03-26-2007, 01:40 PM
Ive seen a person lick the end of a bulb before, right before incerting..any thought on this?:crazy:

Well, the only thing I can say is that I preferring only Hondaline bulbs because of taste...kinda sweet and soft to the touch..

Yamaha bulbs although very slick and streamline, left a bitter sensation on my tongue....

and I would avoid Kawasaki's...I almost choked

Bryan Raffa
03-26-2007, 01:42 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mymint87
03-26-2007, 01:43 PM
are you referring to the ribbed kind? possibly for better contact and placement of the illuminating object?

absolutley, I stand corrected...all members should seek these out...I even keep a couple spares in my trike tool kit for emergencies

hadar
03-26-2007, 01:50 PM
That's just too funny

Seriously, do a google search on light bulbs and lamp safty and they will straight up tell you... Just kidding

mymint87
03-26-2007, 01:53 PM
Is it possible for you to make a how to vid using your technique and the wrong way?;)

:crazy:

It's very possible and obviously needed, let me just say be a little patient because we have yet to hear from our elite board members on this topic..

After compiling all input, we can then debate on how we will aquire funding for production of the video

Bryan Raffa
03-26-2007, 02:17 PM
hate to deviate from the topic.. but this is what Edison turned us into..:idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TChXV_LrNAk

mymint87
03-26-2007, 10:44 PM
That's just too funny

BUT I'm serious....

I've included a pick....hopefully I can ink stamp on them your Favorite trike logo's and offer them to members here at a reasonable fee

consider this a FEELER....
OFFICIAL 3 wheeler lightbulb handlers...anyone interested?

Bryan Raffa
03-27-2007, 11:17 AM
how do you get tho's on without touching then with your other oily fingers?

SYKO
03-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Yes...and I've found that the textured ones allow for the greatest control...might I suggest to Syko that in the future he uses them to cut down on slippage and breakage

well I have a really hard time finding one that large enough, sometimes I double up just if the outside one breaks I have a few more seconds before the bottom one breaks, but then in the end it breaks early any way and I get my oil all on the bulb and then have more bulbs to replace and take care of.......:naughty:

Bryan Raffa
03-27-2007, 11:39 AM
syko: I think the problem you are haveing is not with the rubbers, But in all the placement of the light bulb, Being forcefull with it will allways end up in a ripped rubber.:idea:

SYKO
03-27-2007, 11:52 AM
syko: I think the problem you are haveing is not with the rubbers, But in all the placement of the light bulb, Being forcefull with it will allways end up in a ripped rubber.:idea:

oohhhh YOU ass F*k!!! buahahahhahahhaha

so.... how did you get it out?

:wondering

Bryan Raffa
03-27-2007, 12:02 PM
you have to go back to removal of a light bulb..seems you have skipped over the important part..

Erics350x
03-28-2007, 01:46 AM
i just woke-up half the family laughin. too funny

threewheelin-feelin
03-28-2007, 03:05 AM
this is one of the greatest threads ever!! lmao!!!

SYKO
03-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Those new to light bulb changing can be overwhelmed by decisions on how many people are required to change the lightbulb. There are a confusing number of publications and information sources devoted to the subject of light bulb changing cardinality, and they all suggest that the number of individuals required to change a light bulb is dependent on the demographic, ethnic or professional characteristics of the group of individuals involved, and that this simple task can require several individuals to successfully complete.
This is not true. In almost all circumstances, only one person (of any sociological group) is required. An additional person is advisable if a ladder is required to reach the light socket. This supplementary individual does not necessarily have to be from the same sociological group. Once you have established that you only need one person to change the light bulb you'll find that the light bulb changing process is relatively straightforward. Just follow these simple steps:

Step 1 - Remove the old light bulb.

Step 2 - Insert the new light bulb.

Step 3 - Drop and break the new light bulb when it burns your fingers due to the light switch being set to on.

Step 4 - Switch the light switch to off.

Step 5 - Go to the shop to buy another light bulb.

Step 6 - Insert the new light bulb.

Step 7 - Give up trying to insert the new light bulb when you realise that you've bought a screw fitting bulb and the socket is for a bayonet fitting (or visa versa).

Step 8 - Go to the shop to buy another light bulb.

Step 9 - Insert the new light bulb.

Step 10 - Switch on the new light bulb.

Billy Golightly
03-28-2007, 10:09 AM
Does anyone know whether on a molecular level it is better to use a normal household papertowel to handle a hot light bulb or if something like the corner of your t-shirt is better suited? Please let me know ASAP as I must change the bulbs in my room before my homework papers are due.

Bryan Raffa
03-28-2007, 11:00 AM
The structure of paper towel is not a wise choice due to the fact that it is made from paper witch is wood, Known in the state of California as a leading cause of household fires, It also impares you visual site of installation, Witch could lead to more time installing and possible combustion of the previous talked about material's

I would suggest taking your homework out to the kitchen table away from distractions like your computer..Its a nice day go out side and sit at the picnic table until this can be further investagated..;)

hadar
03-28-2007, 12:07 PM
:idea: Never lick your fingers while handeling your bulb.:idea:

:lol: :naughty: :lol:

russell56443
03-28-2007, 03:17 PM
This has turned into a pretty interesting thread,I needed a good laugh today!!!!!!
I feel much more elightend in many subjects after reading this!!!!:lol:

Billy Golightly
03-28-2007, 04:59 PM
hey does anyone know if you could make a lightbulb out of a waterballoon??? Like have the ltitle wire thingy go through the middle of it, and then have the water reflect and make the light brighter since it does that when your out on a lake or ocean???Wouldn't it work???

hadar
03-28-2007, 05:24 PM
hey does anyone know if you could make a lightbulb out of a waterballoon??? Like have the ltitle wire thingy go through the middle of it, and then have the water reflect and make the light brighter since it does that when your out on a lake or ocean???Wouldn't it work???

Oh, Iv'e done that before, Just stripped down some 10guage wire and used and existing bulb base. Only I used a condom instead of a balloon and I filled it with gasoline instead of water. It worked great, the warm ambiance from it was worth all the trouble.:D

mymint87
03-28-2007, 08:20 PM
It also impares you visual site of installation, ..;)

I'm suprised you've never heard of the ...

light bulb installation by braile method

mymint87
03-28-2007, 08:22 PM
how do you get tho's on without touching then with your other oily fingers?

I guess this explains why you have twelve kids......you stud:naughty:

mymint87
03-28-2007, 08:24 PM
you have to go back to removal of a light bulb..seems you have skipped over the important part..

even futher than that...like why the bulb burn't out in the first place:postwhore

mymint87
03-28-2007, 08:39 PM

this reminds me of a lightbulb recipe,

YOU"LL NEED....
a plastic trashbag (prefer kitchen talls cause their white)
2 straws
some tape
small candle (like voltive)
camp fire
calm or no wind weather conditions

DIRECTIONS

make a "plus sign" with straws securing by tape,
secure candle in center of plus sign made of straws
attach with tape the ends of the straws while evenly spacing them around the opening of the trashbag
light candle
hold over campfire to fill up trashbag with heated air
let go

MOST IMPORTANT...Tell Campfire friends that it's your "lightbulb" as it floats up so they (in their drunken stuper) don't mistake it for a UFO

kb200x
03-30-2007, 12:24 PM
this reminds me of a lightbulb recipe,

YOU"LL NEED....
a plastic trashbag (prefer kitchen talls cause their white)
2 straws
some tape
small candle (like voltive)
camp fire
calm or no wind weather conditions

DIRECTIONS

make a "plus sign" with straws securing by tape,
secure candle in center of plus sign made of straws
attach with tape the ends of the straws while evenly spacing them around the opening of the trashbag
light candle
hold over campfire to fill up trashbag with heated air
let go

MOST IMPORTANT...Tell Campfire friends that it's your "lightbulb" as it floats up so they (in their drunken stuper) don't mistake it for a UFO

Good memories :naughty:

Garment bags from the dry cleaners works great also.
Sterno or a rag dipped in kerosene
A basket made from aluminum foil attached by thin wire to the bag :w00t:

Warning!
trees and roofs can and will catch on fire! Fire trucks will respond!
Police will shine spot lights on the UFO!!!!

Always wear tennis shoes to the launch pad unless you can run fast in boots:p

And most importantly if you may be :beer
Do not under any circumstance put kerosene in a empty beer can just because you are to lazy to carry the big can over to the launch pad
Just trust me on this one. :drool:

Gives me an Idea for trikefest?
I got bombarded last year from spent fireworks from alcohol hill :lol:
BOOM! Get it RAG!!!! Wonder who that could have been?:D

Edit...
In all seriousness this can really be dangerous. I have launched a few of these hot air balloons before and only should be launched in a very wide open space

SWIGIN
03-30-2007, 06:24 PM
neat....i was at that winter home in the 80s and saw it ......Edison was cool

mymint87
03-31-2007, 12:29 AM
Good memories :naughty:

Garment bags from the dry cleaners works great also.
Sterno or a rag dipped in kerosene
A basket made from aluminum foil attached by thin wire to the bag :w00t:

Warning!
trees and roofs can and will catch on fire! Fire trucks will respond!
Police will shine spot lights on the UFO!!!!

Always wear tennis shoes to the launch pad unless you can run fast in boots:p

And most importantly if you may be :beer
Do not under any circumstance put kerosene in a empty beer can just because you are to lazy to carry the big can over to the launch pad
Just trust me on this one. :drool:

Gives me an Idea for trikefest?
I got bombarded last year from spent fireworks from alcohol hill :lol:
BOOM! Get it RAG!!!! Wonder who that could have been?:D

Edit...
In all seriousness this can really be dangerous. I have launched a few of these hot air balloons before and only should be launched in a very wide open space

it would be real easy to throw a SOBE bomb in their fire while your paying them a friendly visit and calmly walk away...:banned: just another idea:banned:

icp4life162005
04-01-2007, 02:16 AM
Any one ever wonder what the white powder inside of a light bulb tastes like?? I'm curious. What is it exactly? Jeremy

RedRider_AK
04-01-2007, 02:21 AM
"1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again"

You mean like me?

kb200x
04-02-2007, 12:20 PM
it would be real easy to throw a SOBE bomb in their fire while your paying them a friendly visit and calmly walk away...:banned: just another idea:banned:

Please elaborate. SOBE like the drink? I knew it had to be good for something? It tastes like piss :drool:

mymint87
04-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Please elaborate. SOBE like the drink? I knew it had to be good for something? It tastes like piss :drool:

yea...the metal container of a SOBE drink....empty one out, fill it up with about an inch of gas, poke hole in the lid, then screw the lid on, throw it in the fire, it'll burn for a few and then erupt into a fireball mushroom cloud about 5' to 7' feet across and ascend upwards about 15' to 20'...LOL:welcome: