PDA

View Full Version : 350x in NJ cheap

Solid Snake
03-26-2007, 01:14 PM
I was thinking of bidding on this thing because my oldest Bro lives about 20 minutes from it. Only thing is the seller won't tell me anything about it. I've asked numerous simple questions about what might be wrong with it or what it was doing before it stopped running etc. but he keeps replying with a few words saying..."It needs work" and that's it. Anyway, it appears complete, looks like the rear end is sitting high...anyone else notice that, maybe I'm wrong on that though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110106036489&rd=1,1

kb200x
03-26-2007, 03:20 PM
I was thinking of bidding on this thing because my oldest Bro lives about 20 minutes from it. Only thing is the seller won't tell me anything about it. I've asked numerous simple questions about what might be wrong with it or what it was doing before it stopped running etc. but he keeps replying with a few words saying..."It needs work" and that's it. Anyway, it appears complete, looks like the rear end is sitting high...anyone else notice that, maybe I'm wrong on that though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110106036489&rd=1,1

The grab bar looks crazy and the rear looks way tall to me also. :confused:

jason85atc250r
03-29-2007, 10:18 PM
i won this 350x off ebay

i got hold of the guy and he said it ran when his buddy parked it 8 years ago. he said the brakes dont work rite. has no rears at all. it needs a clutch cable.

Solid Snake
04-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Ah so you got it huh, I never ended up bidding on it because I really don't have the time to put into it, but it was a good deal and congratulations.

jason85atc250r
04-01-2007, 11:06 PM
all the clutch needs is a lever and perch. the front brakes work theres just no rear caliper. the fork seals leak thats no big deal to fix

theres no cracks in the plastic it's the old style dull red maier. the seat is real nice but it's a aftermarket black cover. the motor seams to kick over nice and hard like it has good compression.

the only real bad thing is the sub frames broken on one side and bent on the other side rite in front of the seat mount . it's bent up real bad so thats why it looks like it sits high. the seat and fenders dont mount on the rite. the grabbar is 1" square tubing 1/8" thick. he probably looped out on a hill and the frame gave way before the grab bar.:lol: that took out the clutch perch i quess also

you'll have to come up some day and check it out.

Solid Snake
04-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Sounds like you got your work cut out there. The guy didn't mention any of that when I emailed him about it, some ebayer's just don't like to tell you anything...kind of glad I passed it up anyway because there is a 250sx that my bro and I are seriously considering and we've always wanted one of those. Hell we want every type of 3 wheeler, hahaha...just isn't going to happen though.